1. Post
    Hi folks,

I've just acquired a near new condition boxed copy of the old strategy game "Lords of the Realm 2". I've installed it all ok, even found a patch - version 1.03 I think - but still can't get it to play.

I'm pretty clued up to hardware and software issues but this one has me stumped. I start the game and the initial game screen shows:

1) Single Player
    2) Multiplayer
    3) Exit

I choose Single Player and the game gives me an error message saying that the CD needs to be in the drive. Well, of course it is in. Makes me think of the problem that the Eidos game, "Commandos: Behind Enemy Lines", had. Eidos subsequently released a specific software patch to address that issue - it was a security / anti piracy thing-a-ma-bob, and it was all ok then.

But I'm wondering if you any of you kind folks who had this game, "Lords 2", in the past have ever come across this issue, and what the possible solution was.

My PC:

Operating System: Windows ME
    CPU: Athlon XP1800+
    Video Card: nVidia GeForce4 TI4600
    RAM: 512MB DDR
    Motherboard: SOYO Dragon Plus
    Standard CD-ROM Drive
    Pioneer DVD-ROM Drive

I have all the latest drivers etc and my PC is well maintanined, clean etc. One thing I haven't tried yet is disconnecting one of my ROM drives : CD or DVD. I'll be trying that next.

Anyway, any comments on this would be appreciated.

Asterus.

2. Post
    I wish I could help but I haven't played Lords of the Realm2.
    Actually just doing a quick search on the net: The problem *might* be because of the fact that you're running xp, try making the game run in compatability mode and see if that helps.

3. Post
    Originally posted by gimpsLTD
    I wish I could help but I haven't played Lords of the Realm2.
    Actually just doing a quick search on the net: The problem *might* be because of the fact that you're running xp, try making the game run in compatability mode and see if that helps.
    Thanks gimpsLTD,

I've just tidied up / edited my post to clarify my PC setup. The XP you mentioned was probably because you saw my CPU was an AMD Athlon XP cpu - not my operating system. So, I've made that a bit clearer. Otherwise you would have had a very good point.

But thanks for bothering to reply anyway - appreciated.

Asterus.

4. Post
    Whoops, I guess that comes from reading and then deciding to post, only haflway thru the process deciding to see if you can't help, then when you find a soluiton to a similar problem someone else had thinking "You know I remember seeing the XP symbols in that post, bah who needs to re-check the post? Not me that's for sure, my memory is excellent! Now... what was I doing again?"

5. Post
    get rid of windows me

seach for a no cd crack on google would be another option.

download the lords2 rip from edonkey or some dodgey korean site

6. Post
    Hey Whack,

Thanks for the reply and suggestion. I hadn't thought of that - the no CD crack thingy. So I think I may give it a go.

Thanks again,

Asterus.

7. Post
    any luck?

8. Post
    Hi whack,

Nope - no luck. I found a NO CD crack from the following URL:

http://www.gameburnworld.com/gp/game...ftherealm2.htm

but it didn't help. So, I'm still searching, thankyou.

But as I have 2 PCs, I'm going to try and install the game on the second PC and see if that works. But I still haven't tried disconnecting one of my 2 CD ROM drives on the original PC. I personally think that may be the real problem. Oh well, we'll see. And I'll post back here if it does resolve the problem.

Ciao,

Asterus.

9. Post
    you can download the game-rip,

try edonkey or mirc- #oldwarez on efnet.