Official NBA Discussion Thread

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Results 28,126 to 28,150 of 28451

1. Post
    DOGZILLA wrote:
    I would say there's zero chance he gets moved.
    Is IT the superstar that is going to bring you a title?

2. Post
    brand wrote:
    Is IT the superstar that is going to bring you a title?
    Realistically how many players in the NBA fit that description beyond LeBron and a couple of others, and then how many of those players are feasibly attainable? at that point you're getting to a number pretty close to zero. It's not only those players who get paid big money.

It takes more than one player, he's a great player, he needs people with him though to have any chance pushing the Cavs. Moving IT doesn't make Boston better, they have plenty of good assets and they aren't likely going to yield a player better than IT by moving him.

3. Post
    KG signed as the Clippers big men consultant.

If anyone can cultivate some balls on Griffin, it's this man.

4. Post
    DOGZILLA wrote:
    Realistically how many players in the NBA fit that description beyond LeBron and a couple of others, and then how many of those players are feasibly attainable? at that point you're getting to a number pretty close to zero. It's not only those players who get paid big money.

It takes more than one player, he's a great player, he needs people with him though to have any chance pushing the Cavs. Moving IT doesn't make Boston better, they have plenty of good assets and they aren't likely going to yield a player better than IT by moving him.
    Yes you obviously need a good team around him -if you had that team is he good enough to bring you the title?

Is he your foundation player? Is he your franchise?

Because you will be paying him as if he is...

He's a great player but I'm not so sure the Celts pay that price tag.

5. Post
    brand wrote:
    Yes you obviously need a good team around him -if you had that team is he good enough to bring you the title?

Is he your foundation player? Is he your franchise?

Because you will be paying him as if he is...

He's a great player but I'm not so sure the Celts pay that price tag.
    Again the number of those players is very, very limited. It's not only players of that level who get paid huge money.

Can they get someone better, not likely. So if they want to compete, they need to pay the best players they have. The money needs to go somewhere, better him than many other options. Look at the type of money FA's pulled who were not even big names.

Is Conley your "franchise"? he's good but he's not that level, but look what he got paid. That's the market. There's only a few LeBron, KD, Westbrook, Curry level guys around. IT isn't that level, but it isn't only that level that gets paid.

Look at what DeRozan gets paid, he isn't in that true franchise player status imo. Look at what a Beal, Parsons, aging Wade, Barnes, Batum get paid. Those guys are all 20 million plus. That's the landscape now.

Further to that, good luck selling your fan base on ditching IT if you're the Celtics and you can't bring in someone better than him as a replacement.

6. Post
    Korver is going to get so many 3s. Bet he loves the idea of joining LBJ. Good on him.

7. Post

8. Post
    So, are we just going to pretend the stomp never happened?

9. Post
    and the flop? lol

10. Post
    Did anyone have issues with Chromecast yesterday?

Multiple stuttering and completely freezes, via Android and PC.

I ended up watching on PC, with no issues.

It appears stream overload does not sit well with casting, which doesn't bode well for same day casting during playoffs

11. Post
    My biggest problem (which I didn't experience last season) with Chromecast streaming is the audio is almost always out of sync by a few seconds. I've reverted back to PC, which is a shame as Chromecast supports higher bitrate (4000kbps), where PC has a max of 3000kbps.

12. Post
    Watched the Pels game fine via chromecast yesterday, but was watching the Cavs game delayed via PC and that was stuttering frequently.

13. Post
    Westbrook not starting the All Star game is a bit of a shame. Feel he probably deserves it more than Curry. Good to see the Greek Freak starting for the east.

14. Post
    Yeah agree he deserves it more than Curry but idgaf because HARDEN is the MVP

15. Post
    when is the dunk contest

16. Post
    Such a boss move

https://streamable.com/6vcsq

17. Post
    Lakers have decided to play superior defense on Harisson Barnes.... And only Harisson Barnes!

18. Post
    Bled going HAM!

19. Post
    Dion filling it UPPPPPPPPPP!

20. Post
    Kyrie though... 49 pts with 8 threes.

21. Post
    Man... to see a Philly crowd excited and passionate again is a wonderful thing...

22. Post
    Dat Joakim Noah free throw tho

23. Post
    I swear Anthony Davis gets injured every night he plays

24. Post
    On a side note, at the breakers game last night:

Name:  eye.jpg
Views: 68
Size:  28.6 KB