1. Post
    help.

got a slight problem. When i was modifying my 1-UZ sump to fit over the front diff in my Prado, i warped it to hell - now the bolt holes are out by 20mm in some places, and there's no way it'll ever seal again. As it stands, i'm using 3 pairs of vice grips to hold it on - it runs now, which is half the job out of the way.

Any searches ive tried over the past six months have come up with nothing, largely due to the fact that not many people are wrecking a 1-UZ.

Does anyone have any ideas where i could could get a sump for it?

It's a front sump engine (out of a car, probably not a soarer). I need the steel section.

But if anyone knew of a rear or mid sump engine, i'd need the alloy and steel sections, and the oil pickup. That'd solve all my problems.

I need one urgently as i'm running out of time with this project.

2. Post
    4wd wrote:
    help.

got a slight problem. When i was modifying my 1-UZ sump to fit over the front diff in my Prado, i warped it to hell - now the bolt holes are out by 20mm in some places, and there's no way it'll ever seal again. As it stands, i'm using 3 pairs of vice grips to hold it on - it runs now, which is half the job out of the way.

Any searches ive tried over the past six months have come up with nothing, largely due to the fact that not many people are wrecking a 1-UZ.

Does anyone have any ideas where i could could get a sump for it?

It's a front sump engine (out of a car, probably not a soarer). I need the steel section.

But if anyone knew of a rear or mid sump engine, i'd need the alloy and steel sections, and the oil pickup. That'd solve all my problems.

I need one urgently as i'm running out of time with this project.
    Hey dude,

Try asking on the lextreme forums (google for link). There are a couple of NZ people on there that may be able to help, otherwise im sure one of the US dudes will have one for you.

If it falls through and you need to sell the 1uz off, pm me

3. Post
    If anyone needs a battery contact North Shore Metro Battery's.
    My sister in-law has just taken over North Shore Metro Battery's and I've managed to score a deal for anyone on gpforums and/or kiwibiker forums . All you need to do is mention that EZAS (Easy As) has referred you and you'll get 10% off.

FREE DELIVERY AND INSTALLATION ON THE NORTH SHORE!!!

Contact metrobatteriesns@hotmail.com
    or 09 4409814

4. Post
    Anyone know a good/cheap stereo installation place in Welly or Lower Hutt?

I know one person who said Slap were awesome, then someone else said Slap sucked, then someone who said DS were awesone, then someone else who said DS sucked

5. Post
    go to the car stereo company in lower hutt.
    I know them personaly, so if they fook you round ill kill em.

6. Post
    update btw: urgency's gone out of my 1-uz swap - ran out of my time in the workshop so currently it's under a tarp on the lawn.

guess i'll have to get a custom sump alloy-ed up for it

7. Post
    anyone know of good places to go for late 80's isuzu trooper parts? mainly trim and body for now.

cheers,
    fur

8. Post
    bits for isuzu in Onehunga , 622-2072 , ask for big bad al .

9. Post
    thanks KM!

NEE

free or extremely cheap reliable runner. wof and reg not reqd as long as it goes. reqd for a parade float.

needs to actually drive!!!

10. Post
    I do not know how to drive

11. Post
    *kittikat* wrote:
    I do not know how to drive
    I offer driving lessons

12. Post
    Anybody know a cheap rusty in welly? It's a warrant issue now so needs a panelbeater to sign the work off apparently...

13. Post
    I need a mechanic to check out a car for me, but I don't have much cash to spare on a mechanic. Can anyone help me out? The car is a 1989 Nissan Skyline GTS

14. Post
    any welders keen to de-seam a mini for beers?

15. Post
    Not sure if I should post here...

I now work at a bulk fastening supplier (EDL) and have acess to the national stock database. Looking for that obscure bolt, set screw, nut or other fastener for your car? I may be able to help...

BSW, UNC, UNF, and all that jazz - 304, 312, ZP, ZC, SC - high tensile, mild steel, 12g socket... it goes on and on.

16. Post
    Might be worth asking in here... anyone got teh hookups on genuine Tial wastegates? Need one 38mm, possibly two.

also if anyone can recommend a supplier for a Garrett GT3071R turbo, I'd love to hear from you

17. Post
    Any one do W.O.F.S

18. Post
    anyone recomend any car audio stores in dunedin?, looking at getting some replacement door speakers

19. Post
    Having trouble finding a Honda Legend front windscreen. it's a KA1, 1987, 4 door, motor's a C20A. Anyone able to help?

Cheers

(btw, got a quote for genuine parts = $3,300 + 14 weeks delivery from Japan the car's only worth $1000..)

20. Post
    If they are they same as a similar aged Accord, I may be able to help.

21. Post
    I was hoping they were, that'd make it easy. but the last wrecker i spoke to said "nah mate, not even close...", so i cant tell if hes telling the truth or just being a prick..

It certainly looks similar, but then the rest of the body is bigger, so maybe not. I'll put up some measurements when i get back from xmas.

22. Post
    Does anyone know where i could get some cheap cotton overalls in auckland. google is failing me at the moment, and i dont really want to fork out 400+ for proper racing ones.

Any insight is much appreciated.

23. Post
    why wrote:
    Does anyone know where i could get some cheap cotton overalls in auckland. google is failing me at the moment, and i dont really want to fork out 400+ for proper racing ones.

http://www.protectorsafety.co.nz/ser...0D7&UC=PSGUEST

24. Post
    why wrote:

NZ safety, I think BOC gas might sell them too

25. Post
    4wd wrote:
    Hope I can help ,wrecking 1987 KA1 Honda Legend 2.0 Litre V6 motor. Only 2 small chips should be easily repaired .Cheers .

Having trouble finding a Honda Legend front windscreen. it's a KA1, 1987, 4 door, motor's a C20A. Anyone able to help?

Cheers

(btw, got a quote for genuine parts = $3,300 + 14 weeks delivery from Japan the car's only worth $1000..)