1. Post
    Thanks, but too late...i found one jammed in the back of a wreckers down here, he reckoned he hadnt sold anything off it for about 10 years. I taught myself how to put windscreens in last week.

2. Post
    why wrote:
    Does anyone know where i could get some cheap cotton overalls in auckland. google is failing me at the moment, and i dont really want to fork out 400+ for proper racing ones.

Any insight is much appreciated.

http://www.uniformbrokers.co.nz/

Thats where I got my TrackDay overalls from, $60ish IIRC.

3. Post
    If you all want a good deal on our items just PM or email me =]

4. Post
    got some panel damage done to my front passanger door by some random who kicked it.

happened a wee while ago and its currently just been a pain to look at, had to use touch up paint as the dint cracked the paint and i didn't want it to rust (obviously)

just curious if anyone is/knows of a good place in Dunedin?

Thankies

5. Post
    Tofu wrote:
    Exhaust Work - AJ @ Pitstop New Market
    Electrical - Brendan @ Hope Hickman Auto Electrical
    Seats/Interior - Jason @ KW
    Wheels - Bruce @ Mag & Turbo Manukau
    Panel & Paint - Pete @ Lineham Spray Painting and Chandler Panelbeaters

they are all good peeps, helped me out alot in building my car. don't know where i'd be without them.
    Bus stop.

6. Post
    Any cheap panel beaters in Christchurch? Would like one ASAP Just two dents need to be 'popped' out.

7. Post
    every now and then we corner weight cars that we fly around the place to help trim the plane. I cant remember where i posted the previous ones so i'll just add them here for now. Someone somewhere may find them interesting!!

1980 Holden Statesman De Ville (v8?)

FL 426kg FR 463kg

RL 372kg RR 363kg

total front 889kg
    total rear 735kg

All up weight 1624kg

all weights are with fluids, 1/4 tank fuel max and no driver.

8. Post
    bored this arvo so did my 944 with 1/3 tank of gas:

'88 944

FL 295kg FR 250kg

RL 350kg RR 310kg

total front 545kg
    total rear 660kg

All up weight 1205kg

The scales were playing up though so not too sure how accurate this one is.

9. Post
    wondering if there are any hookups/recommended shop to do window tinting in East AKL? just got a new car and decided its the first thing i want to put on it..

10. Post
    mags/tyres/welding/fabrication - full workshop facilities eastern bay of plenty (whakatane)

also have decent home workshop for cashies, have good contacts in all other trades/industries p.m me if you get stuck if I cant help I know someone who can. The names Chris btw and im building a 20b series 6 rx7

11. Post
    Heavy Transport Tyres

Phone: 276 3346
    Mob: 021 354020

11 Gordon Road
    Otahuhu
    Auckland

These guys sell a lot of 2nd hand Skyline and Sylvia parts.

Got an R33 S2 coil pack loom for $40 and window washer bottle for $20

12. Post
    this thread's been hopeless for me in the past, but maybe someone will bite this time...

I'm looking for a pair of front DBA or Znoelli slotted brake rotors, part no. DBA221S or ZR28.011.03 to fit Mitsi Galant, 265/266mm disc size.

anyone have teh hookzup? I've had quotes from Race Brakes for the former, and Repco for the latter, both of which have made my eyes water considerably (we're talking over $500 a pair)

13. Post
    Orion wrote:
    this thread's been hopeless for me in the past, but maybe someone will bite this time...

I'm looking for a pair of front DBA or Znoelli slotted brake rotors, part no. DBA221S or ZR28.011.03 to fit Mitsi Galant, 265/266mm disc size.

anyone have teh hookzup? I've had quotes from Race Brakes for the former, and Repco for the latter, both of which have made my eyes water considerably (we're talking over $500 a pair)

Just asked my old man to get a quote from BNT on the DBA221S see what he comes back with.

14. Post
    cool, would be appreciated.

guess I'd better get off my arse and organize some pads to match. Have heard Carbotechs are king, so might go with a pair of those. (otherwise there's always mintex to fall back on)

15. Post
    Still hasn't gotten back to me, probably forgot, ill give him a reminder later

16. Post
    Hey guys, looking for a 2nd hand rear tyre to suit an 87 Suzuki Savage LS650.

Some bas***d put a knife through mine while visiting a friend. need one for a short time until I can afford a new one.

17. Post
    Anyone know anything or anyone who knows about R34 non turbo 1998 Nissan Skyline Engines?

THeres a weird sound and need to get it checked up but dont know where or how much its going to cost, not sure if its a cambelt problem or not. PM plz!

18. Post
    http://kalecoauto.com/index.php?main_page=index&cPath=6

Are people constantly telling you to get yourself a flux capacitor, well here's the place to get it. I myself have purchased the car to tank conversion kit and i'm 100% happy with the product

19. Post
    FrostiBoy wrote:
    Anyone know anything or anyone who knows about R34 non turbo 1998 Nissan Skyline Engines?

THeres a weird sound and need to get it checked up but dont know where or how much its going to cost, not sure if its a cambelt problem or not. PM plz!
    Squeaky noise being generated in one of the rocker covers?

Oh and Ed I'll probably go see Bruce on Saturday to organise all the shit for my car so I'll see what he can do in regards to those brake rotors.

Appco East Tamaki might also be worth a try as I can use my mates trade discount there so I can pop in on the way and see what they got.

20. Post
    I'm looking for a quality mechanic in South AUckland whom can service my race car. I cant afford the expensive european speciailists and might be able to organise some sponsorship on the car. Also looking for a panelbeater/painter to help for the future in the South Auckland area. Manukau South please.

21. Post
    L33t_WaRRioR wrote:
    I'm looking for a quality mechanic in South AUckland whom can service my race car. I cant afford the expensive european speciailists and might be able to organise some sponsorship on the car. Also looking for a panelbeater/painter to help for the future in the South Auckland area. Manukau South please.
    For the mechanic, give Hytech Engines in Manukau a call. For the panelbeater try Kiwi Beat Panelbeaters in East Tamaki.

22. Post
    where bouts in Auckland can I get things steam cleaned and acid dipped? and any idea how much I should be paying.

23. Post
    Tadz wrote:
    Squeaky noise being generated in one of the rocker covers?
    not really sure sir. but it seems to be there just when idle? and its extremely loud when its cold. i think after the cars gone for a lil and warmed up its lower. does it effect petrol consumption? cos my car did 10L for 65km.. which is way off.

24. Post
    Mate needs a starter for a '92 nissan datsun ute with a 2.7L diesel. any hookups??

25. Post
    FrostiBoy wrote:
    not really sure sir. but it seems to be there just when idle? and its extremely loud when its cold. i think after the cars gone for a lil and warmed up its lower. does it effect petrol consumption? cos my car did 10L for 65km.. which is way off.
    Yea, I'd get that checked out, sounds a bit more EXTREME than the squeaky noise my mates NA skyline had at idle, I know he didn't have any fuel consumption troubles either, could be related to the noise or could be a seperate AFM or 02 sensor problem.

But at least try and identify the area the noise is coming from, do the old "screwdriver on the ear" trick.

*edit*

Your PM inbox is full