Results 26 to 50 of 56

  1. Post
    #26
    You should ring xnet, I had similar issues with my connection they got telecom to analyse the line for 24 hours, and then changed ports / adjusted the port profile... some weeks later I had no more drop outs, and awesome speeds.

  2. Post
    #27
    valore wrote:
    Very nice explaination dude.
    Keep up the good ****!

  3. Post
    #28
    hey guys i keep getting disconnected when i get a lanline fone call coming in and when we call out i get disconnected too is this due to my interleaving turned off ?

    help !

  4. Post
    #29
    SidewayZ wrote:
    hey guys i keep getting disconnected when i get a lanline fone call coming in and when we call out i get disconnected too is this due to my interleaving turned off ?

    help !
    No it's because the phone you're using isn't filtered or the filter has broken.

  5. Post
    #30
    i have a phone jack in my room i ues it for my adsl..the home phone is in the living room?do i need to filter my home phone ?

  6. Post
    #31
    You need to have a filter on every device plugged into a phone jack except your ADSL modem.

  7. Post
    #32
    so you saying filter my home phone right..i got a filter plugged in my phone jack atm for my adsl..il go out and buy a filter tomorr give it a try i guess..

  8. Post
    #33
    fix done..

  9. Post
    #34
    lol i told u dat lyn

  10. Post
    #35
    Is it normal for turning interleaving off to cripple your download and upload speeds?

    When I switched over to PDQ Max the other day, I was getting around 3500kb/s down and 650kb/s up. I put in a request to have interleaving switched off, and now my downloads are only like 2100kb/s down and 500kb/s up.

    My ping is much lower now in online games but my download speeds have lowered too

    Is it possible to tweak my line to bring back my old download speeds while still maintaining the low ping?

  11. Post
    #36
    nope

  12. Post
    #37
    Depends. You might be able to improve your signal and line quality if the line between the outside box and your modem is not up to snuff. With interleaving off, you will need to do every little thing right in order to minimise noise and error.

  13. Post
    #38
    tehyitz wrote:
    You need to have a filter on every device plugged into a phone jack except your ADSL modem.
    Interesting... I have my modem plugged into the jack through a dynalink filter (no phone connected to filter) - Would it be beneficial ping-wise to not go through a filter? Or does it not really matter?

  14. Post
    #39
    wouldnt matter

  15. Post
    #40
    Sweet, cheers

  16. Post
    #41
    no interleaving on cable/xdsl telstraclear NZ

  17. Post
    #42
    Quote wrote:
    Telecom plans to make this an option for Adventure and Explorer customers in July.
    I'll just leave this here.

    Thanks to tehyitz.

  18. Post
    #43
    Hmm, I tried to turn my interleaving off with Telecom and no luck, they only have two broadband plans that they can do it with, the 40gb plan and the unlimited, and its already July, hopefully this will available soon for other plans.

  19. Post
    #44
    I would also like to add that Vodafone has it on by default and it can't be turned off unless your in their Red Network(ADSL 2).

  20. Post
    #45
    Question:

    Im on Telstraclear PDQ Max and have asked for Interleaving to be disabled and have been told that it is, but viewing my connection status of:

    DSL Modulation Mode: GDMT
    DSL Path Mode: INTERLEAVED
    Downstream Rate: 8160 Kbps
    Upstream Rate: 672 Kbps
    Downstream Margin: 15 db
    Upstream Margin: 12 db
    Downstream Line Attenuation: 6
    Upstream Line Attenuation: 3

    I would have thought this would have been showing something different, either FAST or something else. In saying that im running on a Linksys WAG300, now i know my exchange is ADSL2+ and am curious if i should be getting a better connection then above?

  21. Post
    #46
    EvolvedKiwi wrote:
    Question:

    Im on Telstraclear PDQ Max and have asked for Interleaving to be disabled and have been told that it is, but viewing my connection status of:

    DSL Modulation Mode: GDMT
    DSL Path Mode: INTERLEAVED
    Downstream Rate: 8160 Kbps
    Upstream Rate: 672 Kbps
    Downstream Margin: 15 db
    Upstream Margin: 12 db
    Downstream Line Attenuation: 6
    Upstream Line Attenuation: 3

    I would have thought this would have been showing something different, either FAST or something else. In saying that im running on a Linksys WAG300, now i know my exchange is ADSL2+ and am curious if i should be getting a better connection then above?
    My Linksys modem (WAG200G) has lied about interleaving before, saying its on when it isnt :/

  22. Post
    #47
    Id hoped a firmware upgrade would have sorted it but no it still seems to say it is.

  23. Post
    #48
    So would it be correct to say for P2P file shareing its better with it left on.

  24. Post
    #49
    uber munksies wrote:
    Don't be a chump boof.

    It makes your ping lower popo
    Wow I hope you are joking.

  25. Post
    #50
    bbunnys wrote:
    So would it be correct to say for P2P file shareing its better with it left on.
    I think the statement I would go for would be that Interleaving off for any person is probably a good thing.
    Lower pings mean faster response times, and ping times also start to become a bottleneck for International traffic.

    However.

    The whole reason for Interleaving is that when you have a poor quality connection which for whatever reason is causing corruption of packets etc (for example bursts of interference noise on the line) then your line is actively using it, and it can be saving you from disconnections

    simple rule:
    Interleaving off = fast and good
    Interleaving on = Stable and good (if you don't do gaming, then I would leave it on)

    From what I have seen Interleaving makes about 10% of their customer base more stable as a result.

    Also regarding the comment about the Linksys mis reporting metrics taken from the modem, I have seen this across many different modems. (Not specifically whether Interleaving is off or on, I mean I have seen other brands of modem misreport various metrics. It is just a computer program detecting things it thinks it sees).

    PS I understand that Telecom can now remove it from all their plans.