Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Exclamation
    Here is the config I use for CoD4. FPS has increased considerably and rego seems to have improved. May not be everyone’s cup of tea but there's no harm in trying

For noobs out there that don't know where to save the config you save it in your CoD4 'profiles' folder. On my computer this is located at:

C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\Iain

Of course, you could have installed CoD4 on a different hard drive and your profile name wont be Iain...

Shout out to Infected for giving me a good config to work with

Here is the link to download it from: http://rapidshare.com/files/69856638/config_mp.cfg

Enjoy

2. Post
    Made my FPS drop (From 125 constant to 80) for some reason I'm not sure which command(s) doing it though.

Here's my config, I tweak a few cvars and this is what I use for comp play atm. It won't overwrite any of your personal settings like name/custom classes etc. To use it put it in ..\Call of Duty 4\main\ and in console type "/exec vert.cfg"

PS: I haven't tweaked much in terms of FPS gain so I'm not sure why I don't get better FPS using the High FPS config :S Any ideas?

3. Post
    hmm strange. Worked for me anyway. Will try out your config after I get some sleep

4. Post
    Just tried your one out. Was a lot brighter/crisper which was awesome. FPS seems to have dropped a bit?? :S Rego is about the same. Thanks for sharing Vert Will be interesting to see what others think...

5. Post
    Well mines exactly the same at the cfg above, but I don't have a grunty system so I changed these

r_lodBiasRigid "-25"
    r_lodBiasSkinned "-25"
    r_lodScaleRigid "4"
    r_lodScaleSkinned "2"
    added r_rendererpreference "0"
    added r_rendererinuse "0"

125@800x600

geforce 7600gs
    1gig of ram
    amd 3500+

6. Post
    Reaction wrote:
    Made my FPS drop (From 125 constant to 80) for some reason I'm not sure which command(s) doing it though.

Here's my config, I tweak a few cvars and this is what I use for comp play atm. It won't overwrite any of your personal settings like name/custom classes etc. To use it put it in ..\Call of Duty 4\main\ and in console type "/exec vert.cfg"

PS: I haven't tweaked much in terms of FPS gain so I'm not sure why I don't get better FPS using the High FPS config :S Any ideas?
    so the command /exec "file name".cfg will install the custom settings. do you know if the game defaults back to the profiles standard file named config_mp on a restart?

and that fact that you have cut the bind section out infers you have those stored in another file yes? most likely config_mp

7. Post
    JacK_L wrote:
    so the command /exec "file name".cfg will install the custom settings. do you know if the game defaults back to the profiles standard file named config_mp on a restart?

and that fact that you have cut the bind section out infers you have those stored in another file yes? most likely config_mp
    When you exec a config it overwrites the commands in your config_mp.cfg. It's all stored in your config_mp.cfg.

For example, if you make a config called "fps.cfg" and the only command in there is "cg_drawfps 1" and you exec it it will overwrite whatever your "cg_drawfps" is set to in your config_mp with "cg_drawfps 1"

I cut out all of my binds/personal settings so people don't have to rebind their keys, change their name, set custom classes again etc. It's just a matter of convenience.

8. Post
    Reaction wrote:
    When you exec a config it overwrites the commands in your config_mp.cfg. It's all stored in your config_mp.cfg.

For example, if you make a config called "fps.cfg" and the only command in there is "cg_drawfps 1" and you exec it it will overwrite whatever your "cg_drawfps" is set to in your config_mp with "cg_drawfps 1"

I cut out all of my binds/personal settings so people don't have to rebind their keys, change their name, set custom classes again etc. It's just a matter of convenience.
    ok. I haven't looked but is the custom kit data all store in one of the player profile files as well?

9. Post
    Just to check, can i edit anything in the config_mp.cfg, WITHOUT being banned by punkbuster? cause id like to have a bit of a tweak with it but i dont want to do something unknowngly and get banned.

10. Post
    Vesper wrote:
    Just to check, can i edit anything in the config_mp.cfg, WITHOUT being banned by punkbuster? cause id like to have a bit of a tweak with it but i dont want to do something unknowngly and get banned.
    Yes.

11. Post
    That being said i just tried to have a browse through it then, was almost impossible just being one huge line of text, couldnt find anything I was looking for.
    Trying to disable HDR or whatever overbright feature is used indoors, perhaps tone down the fog or grass a bit. No one seems to have written an article about tweaking cod on the net, I sure as hell can't find one.

12. Post
    Vesper wrote:
    That being said i just tried to have a browse through it then, was almost impossible just being one huge line of text, couldnt find anything I was looking for.
    Trying to disable HDR or whatever overbright feature is used indoors, perhaps tone down the fog or grass a bit. No one seems to have written an article about tweaking cod on the net, I sure as hell can't find one.
    Try opening it with Wordpad or better yet Textpad and it should look fine.

13. Post
    This might help you out a bit too: http://www.overclock.net/pc-games/25...eak-guide.html

14. Post
    thanks for the link, testing now.

15. Post

16. Post
    HERE'S MY HIGH FPS CONFIG TO GET REALLY GOOD AT GAMES..JUST LIKE ME BACK IN 07. CHEERS!

17. Post
    I dont like downloading exe files.

18. Post
    Just confirming, yep this is a virus, and it's been reported to Admins now.

19. Post
    {BHC}A2h wrote:
    hey just come across the website i thought that you guys maybe wont a good fps config i got one here

http://rapidshare.com/files...

good fps at least 250 even tho you people mite say that they got a not good computer it does not matter well try it out let me know how things go xfire zip2 for more questions thanks

{BHC}A2h

WARNING: This file is a virus! Do not download!
    I have now reported this user to admins.

Scoob
    Scan type: Auto-Protect Scan
    Event: Security Risk Found!
    Security risk detected: Infostealer

Scoobin: link removed.

20. Post
    Glyc wrote:
    I dont like downloading exe files.
    +1

however drive by downloads from the browser can't always be helped, AV's don't detect everything.

Use a anti executable HIPS like comodo D+ and Default Deny all Unkown exe files from executing and running.

21. Post
    Avast picked it up as soon as I clicked the link, offering: "Abort Connection".

22. Post
    Don't use a config and get enough fps.

23. Post
    But if you did imagine.

24. Post
    Glyc wrote:
    But if you did imagine.
    I want it to look purdy

25. Post
    m0dsta:. wrote:
    Here is the config I use for CoD4. FPS has increased considerably and rego seems to have improved. May not be everyone’s cup of tea but there's no harm in trying

For noobs out there that don't know where to save the config you save it in your CoD4 'profiles' folder. On my computer this is located at:

C:\Program Files\Activision\Call of Duty 4 - Modern Warfare\players\profiles\Iain

Of course, you could have installed CoD4 on a different hard drive and your profile name wont be Iain...

Shout out to Infected for giving me a good config to work with

Here is the link to download it from: http://rapidshare.com/files/69856638/config_mp.cfg

Enjoy
    right, ive downloaded your config and now i cant change it cause it just keeps going back to yours after i exit the game.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last