Post Your Latest Piece of Art Work [2D, 3D, Paintings, Drawings... etc]

Thread Rating: 1 votes, 5.00 average.
(1 vote)

1. Post
    Also wanted to add how sweet them proportions are in your pic. The eyes look amazing, it's very difficult getting the spacing of everything just right.

As for pens on watercolour, I have some Promarkers that I can only use on watercolour paper because, as you also say, they bleed all over the place. They're expensive but watercolour paper is great for more than just paint, it's just more expensive.

And metz; thanks heaps. I'm actually visiting the creative director from Sidhe next week with an opportunity in the air, very exciting!

2. Post
    Great, thanks for the feedback! I'm starting life drawing classes this wednesday, it'll be my first life-drawing class, can't wait. Hopefully it'll get me out of my creative rut. I'm especially looking forward to improving my drawing skills.

Good luck with the job! A good friend of my boss is a game designer/ dev there, always going on about how much he loves what he does now; though it's a lot of long hours and hard work. (Which is half the fun tbh, my easy going job has made me soft). I'm sure you'll get it, you are very good!

3. Post
    BlightedArt,

You got some style man, good luck with the Sidhe gig.. they would be crazy to turn you away.

4. Post
    Cheers heaps

5. Post
    009 wrote:
    That done in illustrator?
    Funny enough, no. Photoshop.

6. Post
    Okay... Time to go pass out, sorry for the huge ass image at the bottom:

7. Post
    ^ yeah those are really nice,
    very vivid colouring and semi-gothic-cartoony feel but not too casual.

really unique and cool

8. Post
    Was having a play around in photoshop today chucking stuff together that Id found relating to BF3, ended up with this image below.

Attached Images

9. Post
    being a butt-hole and spamming an image dump now:

Also turns out that job offer at Sidhe will be going through mid-year, yay!

10. Post

11. Post
    ^ love the colours.

12. Post
    someone hire this guy

13. Post

14. Post
    Shooman, what program are you using for these types of images?

15. Post
    a few programs actually.

Autodesk Sketchbook Pro for pencil work (although I've found Photoshop does a pretty good job at emulating pencil work with the proper brush, so this program has taken a backseat)

Corel Painter for the watercolour tools (probably the best at watercolour emulation)

And then finally Photoshop for added colour overlays, gradients and any other special effects I might want to add to the image.

16. Post
    I haven't used Corel, it looks like it has a great painterly effect Shooman, nice.

-been getting back into markers after mostly working digitally and also being ill.

17. Post
    Sorry for double posting. Here's one from tonight. Made with a wacom & photoshop, but trying to give some aspects of my marker drawings to it.

18. Post
    I really need to get up in the Corel Painter game, but I'm such an old dog when it comes to learning new software. I know illustrator and photoshop, so I don't have enough incentive to put the effort in - plus when I encounter software that doesn't act the way I'm used to, I reject it. Like me and learning to vector in PS T_T Illustrator is just so much easier! But PS vector is best for icons so I really need to learn ffuuuu.
    Nice work guys

19. Post
    I haaaate vectoring in photoshop. Theres a bunch of corel painter tuts out there though, to get you around the interface.

Here's a Sparkster fan art piec.e

20. Post

21. Post
    ^ far out man, your lighting and texturing is incredible

22. Post
    Went to my third life drawing class last wednesday, it's been very good. It's made me focus on being more gestural, and really see all the shapes the form is made up of, and getting them down, before the figure takes shape.

I want to show you the figures, but I'm pretty sure policy is quite strict here for nudes, even if they aren't detailed (we're only given 5-20mins per drawing), so here's a portrait from the last class. My tutor seemed to really like it. Secretly, the eyes are bugging me. You can tell I struggled with them the most, as the lines are far from gestural, because I worked on it the most. On the up side, I learned how to get the eyes right: draw a circle for the eyeball, then the curves for the eyelids, then a curved directional line for the center of the eye, and for good measure, a directional line for indication of where the eyes are looking. If anything, these classes are increasing my drawing speed!

23. Post
    Latest model, started since wednsday, quite poly heavy. Was in a bit of a rush to get the basic shape right. WIP.

24. Post
    Update...
    Yet to add dirt, few more tidy ups and appropriate scene...

25. Post
    cronicash wrote:
    Update...
    Yet to add dirt, few more tidy ups and appropriate scene...

Wow very impressive