Results 7,576 to 7,600 of 7674

1. Post
    Took a 2016 Audi RS3 for a test drive yesterday. OMG

Put the kids in the back took it out for an hour or so. They freaked out at the acceleration and the pops and crackles coming from the exhaust.

2. Post
    Yep. The B6 S4 chain problem is a ticking time bomb.

Better off with a newer 550i, or 335i.

3. Post
    towed a primera to the scrapyard for a mate this morning.

prices are down a bit lately. got $3.65

one of the few yards around here accepting cars at the mo. the others are charging a $10 disposal fee.

4. Post
    Disinfo wrote:
    I realise your 540i was no Prius but don't expect anything even approaching reasonable fuel economy from the Audi

Anyway if you want problem free motoring I'd suggest an aging high end VAG product isn't the best place to look
    Fuel economy is not a concern, buying a V8 and worrying about that seems silly.

Its shit breaking down is my concern. I had a e39.

5. Post
    GorGasm wrote:
    Yep. The B6 S4 chain problem is a ticking time bomb.

Better off with a newer 550i, or 335i.
    What about B7?

The other choice is nabbing a B5 but im picking they have their own set of problems being turbo and belt driven at higher end kms.

6. Post
    Drove my damn car after 6 weeks of not driving it.

4L + boost far better than the 1.6L Rental car we had in the UK....

7. Post
    4wd wrote:
    towed a primera to the scrapyard for a mate this morning.

prices are down a bit lately. got $3.65

one of the few yards around here accepting cars at the mo. the others are charging a $10 disposal fee.
    Scrap metal ain't worth Jack. Work gets f all from bins full of alternators starters etc. Even batteries ain't worth much.

8. Post
    Dre wrote:
    What about B7?

The other choice is nabbing a B5 but im picking they have their own set of problems being turbo and belt driven at higher end kms.
    There is a reason most of the manufacturers are going back to cam belts again.
    For some strange reason people seem to think that because you have a chain it's maintenance free.

9. Post
    Dre wrote:

Yeah that's what my aunt and uncle thought too but on that 4.2 it's so poor it did become an issue. Their other car was an LS1 Statesman for reference.

10. Post
    Dre wrote:

Get a E34 540i. Stronger motor and transmission than the E39, easier to work on, less to go wrong\replace and spare parts are dirt cheap.

11. Post
    Lmao, had an E39 and wants a B6/7 Audi because the E39 was unreliable. You aint seen unreliable yet.

12. Post
    RS Legacy decided to split a radiator hose on the way home from work. *sigh*.

13. Post
    Triple_S wrote:
    Lmao, had an E39 and wants a B6/7 Audi because the E39 was unreliable. You aint seen unreliable yet.
    No, Its not like that but point taken anyway.

14. Post
    Eagle wrote:
    Get a E34 540i. Stronger motor and transmission than the E39, easier to work on, less to go wrong\replace and spare parts are dirt cheap.
    Want newer not older :S

15. Post
    B7 is much the same as the B6.

B5 is too old and worn out. Tonnes of parts available from the US but the sheer number of worn out things that will need replacing will smash you. Mine had a failed EGT sensor. $500 shipped from the US, and there are two of them. I also had a slow oil leak around the turbo, guess what? Engine out!

Go B8 with the 3.0T or stick with a BMW.

16. Post
    Dre wrote:

550i +1

Joke option is clearly G6E Turbo because I own one so everyone else should too cuz gp

but really new commodore SS-V's and shit are ****ing nieece and equipped, and should in theory be reliable because they are similar to roman technology, marble and stone. (admittedly the VF model is $$$)

17. Post
    Dre wrote:
    Want newer not older :S
    Fair enough but if your concern is components breaking down then i wouldn't touch a modern euro v8

18. Post
    Wonder how a 3rd party mechanical warranty would treat can chain issues... Audi says never needs replacing so wouldn't be wear/tear damage?

19. Post
    No they don't, they say it's designed to last the life of the vehicle, that's not the same thing

20. Post
    Well, if the Audi service interval doesn't say it needs to be replaced, isn't that the same thing?
    (given that you can't get an extended warranty for more than 150ks anyway)

21. Post

22. Post
    been cutting things up to fit in my scrap bin.

worked well, still got all my fingers

also found it's the easiest way to get tyres off alloys for scrapping. just buzz through the beads then flick the tyre off.

23. Post
    si. wrote:
    Wonder how a 3rd party mechanical warranty would treat can chain issues... Audi says never needs replacing so wouldn't be wear/tear damage?
    I emailed a dealer who has a b6 advant, he actually said a 3 year AutoSure policy would cover for "problems like this".

I've never had any experience with mechanical insurance/warranties though

24. Post
    Eagle wrote:
    Fair enough but if your concern is components breaking down then i wouldn't touch a modern euro v8
    My brain agrees my heart doesn't care, lol

25. Post
    What are E60 550i's like to live with?