1. Post
    I think I've fried the voltage regulator on my track car

but on the flipside, I do believe that noisy lifter has finally stopped ticking!

2. Post

3. Post
    ElusiveQuinox wrote:
    Rawr Celica
    Ok that is farkin brilliant

4. Post
    agree, sticky this thread!

5. Post

6. Post
    Hahahaha.

7. Post
    4wd wrote:
    We really shouldn't let this thread die, btw. it is handy.

Anyone want to buy a nice corolla or car trailer in the next 2 days? Pickup only, Hawkes bay, by thrusday. PM if interested (truth be told, i've got 6 serious buyers for the ttrailer on another forum already, but i've listed the bloody corolla twice on TM with no luck. $500 ffs...i'd love to know it had gone into a derby )
    Deal of the century.

Buy a Car Trailer, and you can have a Corolla for one easy payment of $500, and you can tow it away on your new Car Trailer.

8. Post
    i've been driving fine here for 3 months till today. then i did something really stupid: forgot which side of the road i was supposed to turn onto at a main intersection.

got about 100m up the road before i realised i wasnt driving into the sun, rather, towards 30 or so cars doing 60km/h.

world's fastest 3 point turn ensued.

9. Post
    Its worse when you get home 4wd..

10. Post
    oh ****. don't tell me that

11. Post
    Hand in your Man card 4wd.

12. Post
    driving in other countruies (ones that drive on dif sides of teh road) i only ever found tricky when i first pulled out into traffic. bt ive only ever done it for two weeks in one country so im nt an expert

13. Post
    4wd wrote:
    i've been driving fine here for 3 months till today. then i did something really stupid: forgot which side of the road i was supposed to turn onto at a main intersection.
    Oh I hate that. Happened to me once when I was tired and brain went into 'autopilot'.

14. Post
    I woulda thought i'd be fine, i've done it for 3 months without problems. Ok, so most of those 3 months have been on tractors, but.

It was just one of those days where if i were driving at home, i'd be thinking something just wasn't quite right - not quite comfortable, the depth perception's a bit off, that sorta thing.

15. Post
    Spent all day on this mofo:

For those who don't know or care (everyone?) That's a sc14 on the right, comes off some random toyota. Anyway shes 74% there. Just need to get a longer belt, and re-wire the wires to the coilpack, fix the pulley and stick the air intake back on. Then Spend a half day tuning the bugger. So far its costed me $510 for everything. So not bad for the gains I *should* get out of it.(20-30rwkw on stock pulley)

16. Post
    Nice.

17. Post
    nice!,

I want an SC14.

18. Post
    Its all on now, Total cost came to $600, cant complain really. Next on the list is 2 bar map sensor, and a bearing so i can fit the clutched pulley off a aircon i ripped apart onto the sc. Should give me 5-6 psi (running about 2.5/3 atm)

But honestly, they sound loud, and bloody stupid

19. Post
    Hmm, like this thread. Saves me making a new one, anyone think its worth it if I replace the shocks in my Laser? Not exactly gunna throw money at it and 'mod it g', but I want to replace them as it doesn't feel too good when it brakes hard.

Got some good pads & fluid in the car so the brakes grip on pretty good for a Laser, but the car waves around like a big tugboat, I can feel the shocks letting it down big time.

Is that just how its set up.. Or just because its a 20 year old hack thats probably never had replaced shocks in it? And some stories on how much new shocks have changed cars would help

20. Post
    buy a new car tbh ^

21. Post
    I had some naughty thoughts today.
    I thought about lowering my ute, and putting it on some phat 17"s yo.

22. Post
    Skilfil wrote:
    Hmm, like this thread. Saves me making a new one, anyone think its worth it if I replace the shocks in my Laser? Not exactly gunna throw money at it and 'mod it g', but I want to replace them as it doesn't feel too good when it brakes hard.

Got some good pads & fluid in the car so the brakes grip on pretty good for a Laser, but the car waves around like a big tugboat, I can feel the shocks letting it down big time.

Is that just how its set up.. Or just because its a 20 year old hack thats probably never had replaced shocks in it? And some stories on how much new shocks have changed cars would help

E30 time.

23. Post
    Harharhar. Nahh its just my daily while I put moneys away.

24. Post
    LOL Got linked this to buy to replace my Laser

http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-245788838.htm