1. Post
    Never mind, I figured it out, it was the Transmission Drain Plug I pulled out, went back under there and instantly realised the error of my ways. Oh well, I'll find it funny one day.

Such a lovely learning curve, get in line to point and laugh.

2. Post
    Epic fail!

/says the guy who could easily do the same thing

3. Post
    Ssom wrote:
    Never mind, I figured it out, it was the Transmission Drain Plug I pulled out, went back under there and instantly realised the error of my ways. Oh well, I'll find it funny one day.

Such a lovely learning curve, get in line to point and laugh.
    So now your transmission dosent have any oil? O_o O_o

Sure it wasnt the filler plug?

4. Post
    Pretty sure it was the Filler plug. Will investigate it this weekend.

I really need to read my Haynes manual before I do these things, least I won't do it again...

EDIT: I did notice that my left CV boot was split whilst I was doing my lighting oil change, dammit

5. Post
    LOL. Glad i cant do things like that.

6. Post
    I won't get my car back till tomorrow, lame.

Also apparently General Motors may be on the way out...

7. Post
    Ssom wrote:
    EDIT: I did notice that my left CV boot was split whilst I was doing my lighting oil change, dammit
    In my experience all Hondas have at least one split CV boot at all times.

8. Post
    Ssom wrote:
    Pretty sure it was the Filler plug. Will investigate it this weekend.

I really need to read my Haynes manual before I do these things, least I won't do it again...

you HAVE removed the extra oil you put in right? running it with 8 litres of oil will end in disaster.

9. Post
    JRS wrote:
    you HAVE removed the extra oil you put in right? running it with 8 litres of oil will end in disaster.

Yup all 8l or so of oil is gone and a fresh batch of 4l was put in, may as well have set fire to my $40

Still, rather $40 than $500 or so for a new engine with nothing to blame other than my daftness. Needless to say, I think I'll get a mate to help me with the CV boot...

10. Post
    $250AU for someone to repair (not replace) my starter motor

11. Post
    Get second hand one from wreckers / pick a part etc.

12. Post
    Egor wrote:
    In my experience all Hondas have at least one split CV boot at all times.
    long with screwed rear trailing arm bushes!

13. Post
    Ahaha, today I saw the number plate on a forrester, OVARYD

Which is obviously trying to mean 'over ride'

But just looks like.... OVARY'D

14. Post
    Got taken for a spin in this today ( http://www.trademe.co.nz/Trade-Me-Mo...-188027653.htm ). Belongs to a friend's partner, but he's had it in storage for a while for never got to see it in the flesh. Came around to their place and he had it with him for once and he kindly offered to take me for a spin. Pity he's selling it because it was hellishly good fun, and that was just in the passengers seat.

15. Post
    gaaah, tried installing the new fuel pump on the squid this afternoon, but was thwarted by a simple fitting

and there are no engineering places open Sunday

16. Post
    Passing on the open road in a LHD car is not much fun... (narrowly avoided a headon today)

17. Post
    snow* wrote:
    Passing on the open road in a LHD car is not much fun... (narrowly avoided a headon today)
    I don't have this problem, people see/hear me coming and get out of the way

18. Post
    APE**** wrote:
    I don't have this problem, people see/hear me coming and get out of the way

Ahahahahahahahahahahahaha

19. Post
    DJ Mystic wrote:
    $250AU for someone to repair (not replace) my starter motor
    That's not too bad really. If they were thorough it will be good as new.

20. Post
    DJ Mystic wrote:
    I won't get my car back till tomorrow, lame.

Also apparently General Motors may be on the way out...
    yip all big american car companys are in da ****. big time GM out of cash FORD dropping v8 and falcon range times dont look good

21. Post
    Tadz wrote:
    That's not too bad really. If they were thorough it will be good as new.
    Yeah, it's super quiet starting up now.

22. Post
    zechs wrote:
    yip all big american car companys are in da ****. big time GM out of cash FORD dropping v8 and falcon range times dont look good
    Also there is some nasty rumor that Dodge is going to flick the Viper.

NOOOOOOOOOOO!

23. Post

24. Post
    About my corolla, again...

I've done the plug leads (you owe me $60, Nirt ), and used most of a can of carb clean on it, without fixing the problem. I also cleaned the corrosion buildup from the points, cap, and rotor.

Still no better.

After going through 5 mins of random huge munty backfires on the way home, a thought's come to me...

Could it just be overfuelling to ****? It would explain why pulling the choke makes no difference, and the big flaming backfires out the exhaust.

Or should i still be looking at ignition? I really cbf replacing the cap and rotor as it's another $60.

25. Post
    anyone got any idea of cost to do a cv joint on a 2000 impreza?
    _____

share story time:
    stepdad drove his 924 turbo racecar to Puke on Sunday for a day of 5 races (was a small meet). I was going to go out at 10am but didn't go to leave till 12. Texted him i was coming and he texted back the car was ****ed, going home to get trailer... uh-oh. symptoms: blowing blue smoke, no oil pressure.

he's not having much luck lately. With his March 722 F2 car, he took it to Manfeild a few weekends ago. On Friday (practise day) he lost his clutch but drove on regardless for the rest of the practises. There was another formula car there that he was able to stay with and they were still 2 seconds ahead of the rest of the field. The whole time he was out he felt like the car was flexing. turned out he had cracked the cross member the engines bolted to, the stress of which also cracked a horizontal stabiliser. So he flagged racing for the rest of the weekend, has changed the clutch, found some damage to the gearbox which he still has to sort, has still got to fix the stabiliser but has welded up the crossmember. He's racing it this weekend lol. no wonder mums always stressed...