end result of my weekend 2 weeks ago. After going full tit in low third (about 6500rpm/40km/h) into a bog, came to a sudden stop with the poor old beast spluttering and farting. First thought was i'd hydraulic'ed it, so out with the rope, pulled it out, and checked it over. Couldn't see any major problems, intake was dry.
The problem with bush diagnoses is there's too many people with ideas. So after checking the timing, and WD-40'ing all the connections, it seemed to be ok.
The next day, was 3km into the 8km drive to the start of the track when it started playing up again, so after letting it cool down for half an hour, i drove it back to camp and loaded it onto the truck. Bit gutted that i only got one day of 4wd'ing done, but meh, them's the breaks.
Plus this was the first proper test run i've done with it. I was really happy with the way it went, just got to do some waterproofing now.
Sounds awesome ringing it's nuts off in the bush