1. Post
    baffa's trying to find out about the car on the z forums. one peron on there might know the guy

Tadz wrote:
    It's good to see that the 300zx is kind of getting a new lease on life with all these V8 re-powers.

It's a frickin awesome platform for it.
    what you on about 300zx has all ways been around. thing is they send you bankrupt with the amout you have to spend on them the v8 option is the easy way out

2. Post
    Surely it would be easier putting a Nissan V8 into a 300zx, rather than a Lexus V8?
    Roadskin

3. Post
    mainly comes down to the angle of the v i dont knowthe specs of the lexus buts its a pita with the nissan v8 in my view. the old gen 1 us v8s give more room in the engine bay making things very easy to work on

4. Post
    zechs wrote:
    mainly comes down to the angle of the v i dont knowthe specs of the lexus buts its a pita with the nissan v8 in my view. the old gen 1 us v8s give more room in the engine bay making things very easy to work on
    Every engine you mentioned in this post has a 90 degree vee angle.

5. Post
    zechs wrote:
    Negatory, the twin OHC layout of the nissan and toyota engines makes them a real tight fit.

Remember, your V8 only has one camshaft hiding in the centre of the engine.

6. Post
    ^^^ could also have dohc setup if need be

GaR wrote:
    Every engine you mentioned in this post has a 90 degree vee angle.
    correct its the fords that can run non 90 degree vee angle what i should of said is the block widths are differant causing the tight fit
    of the engines my bad

7. Post
    zechs wrote:
    ^^^ could also have dohc setup if need be
    then the engine would be taller and wider.

"dig UP stupid"

8. Post
    zechs wrote:
    correct its the fords that can run non 90 degree vee angle what i should of said is the block widths are differant causing the tight fit
    of the engines my bad
    Which ones?

I've heard people say it before, but I'm pretty damn sure that the Clevo and Windsor are both 90 degree.

9. Post
    IIRC east-west mounted v8's used in ****heaps like the taurus SHO were 70 degrees. (nfi what the engine's "name" is)

So not really anything worth getting excited about.

10. Post
    ^^ taurus sho v8 60 degrees windsor clevo chev should be 90 degrees lancia v8s where 14degrees pretty sure there another non 90 degree engine cbfl

any one know how much a v10 or v12 go for theses days?

11. Post
    Or be a smartass and say that a subaru technically has a 180 degree "v".

12. Post
    Tadz wrote:
    Or be a smartass and say that a subaru technically has a 180 degree "v".

but if you're going down that track, you may as well say that the fiat bambina has a 180 degree V2.....

i noticed a guy's unfinished project sitting in a shed out the back of an orchard the other day. As far as i could tell, there's a 454, an old detriot diesel supercharger, and a fiat bambina.

His landlady didn't want to sell any of it. Pity.

13. Post
    ^^^that would of been a interesting project

JRS wrote:
    then the engine would be taller and wider.

"dig UP stupid"
    yes engine would be taller at least with that mod it will save having to take engine out of z each time 4 and 6 lobes decide to **** out which they are known to do in the sb. with taller engine can bolt 2 blowers for that "engine higher than roof cant see where im driving" look ff

14. Post
    heh...got mud?

end result of my weekend 2 weeks ago. After going full tit in low third (about 6500rpm/40km/h) into a bog, came to a sudden stop with the poor old beast spluttering and farting. First thought was i'd hydraulic'ed it, so out with the rope, pulled it out, and checked it over. Couldn't see any major problems, intake was dry.

The problem with bush diagnoses is there's too many people with ideas. So after checking the timing, and WD-40'ing all the connections, it seemed to be ok.

The next day, was 3km into the 8km drive to the start of the track when it started playing up again, so after letting it cool down for half an hour, i drove it back to camp and loaded it onto the truck. Bit gutted that i only got one day of 4wd'ing done, but meh, them's the breaks.

Plus this was the first proper test run i've done with it. I was really happy with the way it went, just got to do some waterproofing now.

Sounds awesome ringing it's nuts off in the bush

Attached Images

15. Post
    APE**** wrote:
    I saw it in Lynfield again today... didn't sound as mean driving past me in the opposite direction. YASHUA.
    Heh yep I've seen that too...

I've been skating at lynfield bowl for the last week or 2, seen that once or twice on the way there or back.

Agreed, sounded pretty sweet, if not a bit weird for that sort of sound from a Z.

16. Post
    anyone used Sterling Clutch & Brake in onehunga before?

one of the rear calipers on my RX-7 has seized, so I thought I'd remove both and get them reconditioned.

17. Post
    Can you buy individual bushes for thew rear suspension in an XF Falcon? I need to replace some trailing arm bushes, and was wondering if I had to buy the full kit?

Also, how much would they be, and can anyone get some cheaper than I could?

18. Post
    Orion wrote:

one of the rear calipers on my RX-7 has seized, so I thought I'd remove both and get them reconditioned.
    I have. I didnt realise they were still around. I would recommend their work.
    I had a Z's clutch let go and the quoted me $700-$800ish for a new heavy duty clutch. It took them half a day to fit, and the clutch was perfect. First time I went to drive away it slammed foward and stalled (it was very on or off), second time, I shifted to second at full noise and the wheels jumped lanes with the chassis flexing. So A+ value for monies.

Btw that Z is a Lexus V8, he apparently loves it (surprise surprise). There's a little more detail on the Z forums including his name, but copying and pasting is far too much effort.

19. Post
    baffa wrote:
    Btw that Z is a Lexus V8, he apparently loves it (surprise surprise). There's a little more detail on the Z forums including his name, but copying and pasting is far too much effort.
    Any pics of it?

20. Post
    It's impossible to miss Greek's new pimp/assault mobile

Sighted today along the Panmure - Pakuranga bridge.

21. Post
    My poor pulsar took a leak today, top hose split and steam went everywhere, bit low on coolent it was also.

Nothing major tho.

22. Post
    Orion wrote:

+1 for using them been around for years good place. my mate works there hes had some ****en nice cars iin there even a few oldschool cars/rods

23. Post
    APE**** wrote:
    Any pics of it?
    None that I know of, you'll have to go hunting to fill your wank bank ;P

24. Post
    got my ute back together. made up a crank seal that's riveted onto the timing cover.

good to have it back on the road

25. Post
    Orion wrote:

Bit late, but yea, they reconditioned all my calipers. Seems to be a good job, would happily go back.