1. Post
    are blitzens (lol xmas) mechanically the same as B4's? are they mechanically similar to anything?

2. Post
    I think they're just a B4 that has had the suspension setup by porsche, and some fancy internal and external asthetic bits.

3. Post
    Anybody know about cigarette lighters?

I've got something that uses the plug, but I can't get it to work, despite if I used the actual cigarette lighter, it works fine (ie gets hot).

4. Post
    ^ You mean something like a charger? Got mine working again on an old Mirage, checked the wiring?

5. Post
    Tadz wrote:
    I think they're just a B4 that has had the suspension setup by porsche, and some fancy internal and external asthetic bits.
    cheers man

6. Post
    DJ Mystic wrote:
    Anybody know about cigarette lighters?

I've got something that uses the plug, but I can't get it to work, despite if I used the actual cigarette lighter, it works fine (ie gets hot).
    If your cig lighter is working, it can only be the dodgy plug that you're putting into it. Make sure the contacts are 'sticking' out far enough to make good contact. If the cig lighter works 100% of the time you know the socket is fine.

7. Post
    I just brought it, so you'd think it would work.

8. Post
    Well a lot of the cig lighter equipment is pretty dodgy these days. If it's like a phone charger I wouldn't be suprised if the problem is that it isn't providing the correct amount of power to the phone (had this happen, opened it up and there were a total of two small transistors inside)

Try keeping pressure on it first, if that gets it working then the contacts on the device are fudged. If the light on it is on but whatever it's supposed to do isn't happening then it's just a dodgy device.

9. Post
    did an oil change yesterday
    out came 1-2L of old oil
    was losing pressure under hard braking
    no wonder.

10. Post
    Like when you launch a LS1 equipped Commodore hard, and the oil light comes on.

Except in reverse lol

11. Post
    fUrBuRgEr wrote:
    cheers man
    Sweet as.

You getting one? I quite like them tbh.

12. Post
    just read on another forum, dodgy scammers:

"Well had listed my pulsar on trade me and had a few calls, guy number one a "mechanic" from some arab country shows up and inspects and checks every nook and cranny, spent alot of time inspecting some oil leak under the intake manifold etc, took car for a drive and reckoned the transmission was quite jerky, I had never really noticed this but thought I might be so used to the car it may have a problem, he said he would get back to me... I Went inside and had dinner.

Guy number two from some arab country shows up and has alook, goes on about the parking dents etc and looks over it. Goes for a drive and straight away complains about the transmission being jerky, says its holding gear to high etc etc and offered me cash which was alot less than I was asking as he said it had transmission problems, I decided to drive it and low and behold it was jerky...

I drove it home 2 hours before and I swear It wasnt that jerky whatso ever.. while he was still there I had alook for the oil leak under the intake manifold and noticed the transmission shift cable had been disconnected and no oil leak ... Hmmmm... It would be virtually impossible for it to become unhooked unless someone had unhooked it while looking for oil leaks... I hooked it back up and drove it... car was perfect... he was now not interested in buying it as i had just snapped him and his son trying to scam me"

13. Post
    did you get any personal details as you should have when you let them drive it?

revenge is cleary the required course of action!

14. Post
    copied from another NZ car forum, so not my doing. figured its worth spreading what dodgy ****s can get up to tho. (was in auckland).

15. Post
    Dodgy **** like that is fairly common and not really unique to any nationality. People are c*nts, full stop. Like me for example, I think it's a great idea to get a good price. Thanks for the tip.

16. Post
    Mutton wrote:
    Dodgy **** like that is fairly common and not really unique to any nationality. People are c*nts, full stop. Like me for example, I think it's a great idea to get a good price. Thanks for the tip.

in that case stay tuned for my next lesson on easy money titled 'How to rob a bank'

17. Post
    I have done pre-purchase inspections before where the buyer was paying for the inspection, and they have offered me money to find extra things wrong with the vehicle, so as to get a better price. Not just the scum either, I had some old lady ask me to say a car was rusty, cos she thought $750 was too much to pay. Never mind she's spending almost a fifth of what its worth on getting it looked at.

18. Post
    Random question, are truck horns passable for WOF's in a car?

19. Post
    I think they are. Wouldn't be hard to remove if not.

20. Post
    Petrol usage = ?

Depression of accelerator? RPM? Random?
    Forum Whore Deluxe with Everything

21. Post
    rant

A lady drove past a row or car parks and suddenly decides to put the car in reverse and back into my stationary car despite me holding down the horn

She gets out of her car, looks at my bumper and says "Oh, your car is fine" and wanted to just leave.

Not a good start to the year

/rant

22. Post

23. Post
    for those with sky. on right now on nat geographic (72) there is a automotive special on about differant makes of cars nissan.ferrari.bmw.corvette.harley davidson

24. Post
    I saw that YASHUA V8 300ZX again today.

25. Post
    APE**** wrote:
    I saw that YASHUA V8 300ZX again today.
    Is that purple with Corvette styled lights on it?

Had a good yarn it when it drove past the pub. I think remember it either had a 1UZ or 3250 Chev?

Dision wrote:
    Yeah mean, I have one. Fitted it before my AFM and it's given a 74HP rise.