-noforce
32 27.12%
CPL Fix
16 13.56%
Don't use any
22 18.64%
  1. Post
    sonsee wrote:
    Bind them thru vent\or in game and select them on 'Do Nothing' in the drivers software?
    na when i go to assign it to a command it wont even register that button even after selecting them to "do nothing"

2. Post
    na there was a thread on gotfrag and i just replaces the usbport drivers and now it works, time to play some cs

3. Post
    steak wrote:

you can uninstall sp3 though by going control panel add remove programs and tick the show windows updates box
    So I read this and totally decided it would be a good idea to uninstall SP3.

Now it's finished and I've restarted and I have no sound and **** knows what else uninstalled LOL.

Help me =(

4. Post
    For the vent thing - you can use Setpoint to make your mouse4 and mouse5 register as some rand key on your keyboard like end or something, then bind talk to end in Vent. Or just use teamspeak/vent3/voiceactivation

5. Post
    just use a system restore point james?

6. Post
    DarK-ForcE wrote:
    So im curious to see who uses CPL mouse fix and any ideas if it will be aloud on stage matches at xlan?
    MUCH BETTER than th CPL mouse fix is the Cheese Mouse Fix.
    Same idea (changing the registry), but DONE PROPERLY.

Provides a true 1:1 mapping, whereas the CPL mousefix can get wobbly at low speed and is not 1:1

See here: http://www.gotfrag.com/cs/forums/thread/346432/
    ... and here: http://www.esreality.com/?a=post&id=1548753
    ... and here: http://files.filefront.com/cheesemfi.../fileinfo.html

(The 70 Hz registry file has a hickup, but I've emailed Cheese about that.)

7. Post
    steak wrote:
    use this link panza this is what i used
    I have a ms 3.0 and changed it from 125hz to 500hz

http://www.overclock.net/faqs/73418-...-changing.html
    Anir, the author of USB Mouse Rate Switcher (the link above), says HIDUSBF is better.

http://razerblueprints.net/index.php.../topic,5268.0/
    http://sweetlow.at.tut.by/download/hidusbf.zip

8. Post
    i dont belive this mark guy.

9. Post
    EVERYTHING BABY!

10. Post
    Excuse my ignorance and lack of reading thread but I thought xlan comps wont let you change the polling rate(125hz- 500hz) of the mouse?

11. Post
    i guess not on stage.

12. Post
    xLAN will likely allow it - at WCG and kode5 quals we we're allowed to change mouse hertz using hidusbf. Prior to those two comps I never used it because I assumed it wasn't allowed at most LANs. It makes sense to be able to use it, especially now as most new mice come with 500-1000 Hz by default anyway, the program is also harmless and easy to use.

I don't think 125Hz causes an 8ms delay, that would be max value but would be more like 4 ms on average. Truthfully I don't think it makes much of a difference, main reason I like it is the smooth cross-hair motion when moving in an arc.

Also, I use mouse fix but I've never felt that it has any affect on cs if you already have the launch commands in. Not really sure what the point of it is really, maybe it's just the PC I've tested it on.

13. Post
    Na, you do notice mousefix if you haven't played with it before. I put on mousefix the other day and totally ****ed my aim up so just got rid of it again. I only use noforce commands anyway, makes it easier for when you go to cafe/LAN.

14. Post
    infidel wrote:
    xLAN will likely allow it - at WCG and kode5 quals we we're allowed to change mouse hertz using hidusbf. Prior to those two comps I never used it because I assumed it wasn't allowed at most LANs. It makes sense to be able to use it, especially now as most new mice come with 500-1000 Hz by default anyway, the program is also harmless and easy to use.

I don't think 125Hz causes an 8ms delay, that would be max value but would be more like 4 ms on average. Truthfully I don't think it makes much of a difference, main reason I like it is the smooth cross-hair motion when moving in an arc.

Also, I use mouse fix but I've never felt that it has any affect on cs if you already have the launch commands in. Not really sure what the point of it is really, maybe it's just the PC I've tested it on.

can someone confirm this please?

15. Post
    Just try it yourself. If you play with it off all the time and have never used it you will find it extremely awkward. On the other hand if you start using it and play with it heaps you will probably get used to it. Personally I hated it, but just go try it. Easy enough to delete again.

16. Post
    i mean about what infidel said about it should be alright to use it at xlan

17. Post
    of course you can, there's no way to check it, it just won't be installed on the stage pc's. I use it as well at home, i mean ****, 99.9% of the cs i play is on my pc and i want to enjoy a good, smooth mouse and no accell, pretty much close to perfect control. I also trust myself enough to know that i can play on a stage pc without it and not fail, it just feels a bit jerky and gay.

18. Post
    1000hz ftw
    Since then i have also removed mousefix but continue to use -noforce feels way better imo

19. Post
    Seems like some people are not exactly sure what the CPL mouse fix does.

In XP and Vista, turning off the 'Enhance pointer precision' checkbox *should* turn off acceleration.

BUT some older games un-intentionally turn it back on again (AFAIK, due to an API difference between XP and previous Windows versions).

If you have one of these games, one 'fix' (CPL & Cheese) is to configure the acceleration that does occur so that it uses a 1:1 straightline, rather than a curve that ramps up as the mouse speed increases. (Another fix is to enable DirectInput if your game supports that.)

(If your game is not affected, then CPL/Cheese fixes have NO effect when the 'Enhance pointer precision' checkbox is turned off.)

Defining a straightline is what the CPL fix attempts to do, but doesn't quite manage an exactly straight line and it does not work the same at all screen refresh rates.

WHEN the 'Enhance pointer precision' checkbox is ON (or your game forces it on):
    At refresh rates < 80 Hz, it moves the mouse pointer < 1 pixel for each mouse count sent, which causes bizzare wobbling and slowdown if moving the mouse slowly right and down.
    At refresh rates > 80 Hz, it moves the mouse pointer > 1 pixel for each mouse count sent, which causes bizzare wobbling and speedup if moving the mouse slowly left and up.
    At any refresh rate, moving the mouse slowly in small circles causes the pointer to move up and left slowly.

NONE of those strange behaviours happen with Cheese's mouse fix.
    (Except the 70 Hz 70.reg, which needs a tweak.)

20. Post
    Yeah good **** MarktheC, I always used cpl mouse fix didn't know there was an updated better version

21. Post
    Pretty sure in most peoples cases the -noforce commands stop CS from turning accel back on, meaning you don't need the fix.