558 64.58%
Robin killed the family
148 17.13%
David came home to a murdered family and killed his father Robin
114 13.19%
Someone else did it
44 5.09%
  1. Post
    lemons just jealous that he's not in jail getting a good bumming, and Think - lol bro, that is all.

2. Post
    some dude84 wrote:
    lemons just jealous that he's not in jail getting a good bumming
    You are a terrible person sometimes.

3. Post
    My psychic senses are picking up a possible holiday for some dude84.

4. Post
    Bosco wrote:
    completely independent QC
    I think it's going to be done by a retired Canadian judge.

5. Post
    |_emon wrote:
    So your jailbird mates have an opinion about him and are angry about his treatment/status and seem almost annoyed he was placed somewhere safe that other inmates couldn't rape him.

Truly riveting stuff, smoking gun stuff right here.
    Haha, awesome sentence.

6. Post
    Cynic wrote:
    And here's me thinking it was his father (who stated he was the only worth saving) that framed him.

And Think, you might wanna be a little careful, claiming the cops framed him with ZERO evidence is libel.
    There was the OIC of the investigation who at a party celebrating David's guilty verdict, wrote something akin to "Burn in hell David" on a wall being renovated.

7. Post
    Xoloitzcuintle wrote:
    There was the OIC of the investigation who at a party celebrating David's guilty verdict, wrote something akin to "Burn in hell David" on a wall being renovated.
    Not evidence of a frame job, just evidence that the cop felt he was guilty. Might make him reluctant to pursue alternative suspects, but is miles from framing Bain. Also, his is the guy with the best over view of the case, he ws obviously convinced.

8. Post
    I think also the investigation took a personal toll on him and he was relieving frustration. Certainly they never did follow any lines of enquiry regarding Robin being the killer.

9. Post
    Xoloitzcuintle wrote:
    I think also the investigation took a personal toll on him and he was relieving frustration. Certainly they never did follow any lines of enquiry regarding Robin being the killer.
    Well, not that we are aware of. I would imagine they would have discussed the theory at least once Bain started claiming it. But as was noted in the trial, the evidence was too inconsistent to make Robin a credible suspect and if you look at the defences approach in the most recent trial, it was largely about portraying Robin as someone who was mentally capable of killing everyone to sow enough doubt to let David walk.

10. Post
    And the defence posited because some blood on Robin's hand wasn't tested, that it might've been Stephen or Laniet's blood and so how could that have got there if David was the killer? And more smoke and mirrors about incest, destruction of trial evidence and contamination of the scene.

The OIC commented that motive had to be tied to evidence and there was none tying Robin to being the murderer.

11. Post
    .THiNK.SPeAK. wrote:
    there will be many on this thread who will not accept the QC's judgement.
    i will not be one of them
    i noticed today that there is a rumour going around the media that
    "Canadian judge Ian Binnie, who was reviewing the case for compensation, has reportedly come to the conclusion Bain is, on the balance of probability, innocent of the murders of his family members and should receive compensation."
    http://tvnz.co.nz/national-news/bain...iction-5071213

some of you didnt believe there was a smear campaign
    so probably dont yet realise that this rumor is in fact a leak

now, once this becomes official,
    cabinet will have to consider whether to give him compo or not.

(protip: the outcome, like the others on this thread, is obvious.)

12. Post
    yeah I'm pretty sure you're justified in feeling smug about this

13. Post
    I'll be enraged if he gets given compensation. :mad:

14. Post
    MXRecord wrote:
    ^that sums up the thread dude
    ...when logic goes out the window.

15. Post
    Is that retired judge officially reviewing the case for compensation - or is it just someone that Bain's legal team have got to review it?

16. Post
    werewolves? wrote:
    Is that retired judge officially reviewing the case for compensation - or is it just someone that Bain's legal team have got to review it?
    An independent Judge from another country. Probably as impartial as you'd get in a case like this.

17. Post
    werewolves? wrote:
    Pretty sure it's the second. So about as objective as a lawyer engaged to defend Bain.

18. Post
    bradc wrote:
    Pretty sure it's the second. So about as objective as a lawyer engaged to defend Bain.
    yeah nah
    the canadian judge was appointed by the government about 10 months ago.

(but i suppose its easier to deal with if you assume you are the objective one and the judge is not )

19. Post
    As guilty as I still think Bane is, Think'Speak has been accurate so far. The Canadian judge was appointed by Simon Power.

20. Post
    MXRecord wrote:
    I think he should get compensation. And that has nothing to do with my uneducated guess that he is not innocent.

21. Post
    .THiNK.SPeAK. wrote:
    yeah nah
    the canadian judge was appointed by the government about 10 months ago.

(but i suppose its easier to deal with if you assume you are the objective one and the judge is not )
    It's fun to make stuff up though.

22. Post
    eug1404 wrote:
    As guilty as I still think Bane is, Think'Speak has been accurate so far. The Canadian judge was appointed by Simon Power.
    If he comes back saying that on the balance of probabilities, he considers Bain to be innocent, I'd be keen to see what evidence informed that opinion.

23. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    If he comes back saying that on the balance of probabilities, he considers Bain to be innocent, I'd be keen to see what evidence informed that opinion.
    It would seem ridiculous. Wait and see I guess.

24. Post
    I think Bain is as guilty as ****, but the point still stands that if he was legally found not-guilty and spent a decade in jail then legally he must be given compensation. I cannot see how you can throw someone in jail for a decade and then not give them any payout.

He's a douche of the lowest order though.

25. Post
    Yea apart from the trial evidence, he's asked for Joe Karams totally unbiased books. This is why a person in their 70's with a history of bias against the crown, and almost total legal career of property and corporate law, was an idiotic choice for independant review of this, but hey, so beyond caring any more.