Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post
    http://www.rockpapershotgun.com/2009...t-on-pc-still/
    RPS have started a petition asking for Double Fine/EA to bring Tim Schafer's latest game to PC, Brutal Legend.

It's likely futile but please sign it nonetheless.

A trailer in case you haven't heard of it.

Tim Schafer is the creative mastermind behind the cult classic Psychonauts and the LucasArts adventure games Grim Fandango, Full Throttle and Monkey Island.

2. Post
    Hate to be the bearer of obvious news, but if they thought there was sufficient demand for it, then they'd already be making it. If the console versions sell well enough, maybe there's a future for it. But with the game due out in 5 months, it's very unlikely you could get a simultaneous release anyway.

3. Post
    Haha, Jack Black wannabe?

Looks fun!

4. Post
    jdz wrote:
    It actually is Jack Black, it has his name at the end!

5. Post
    jdz wrote:

Looks fun!
    Ouch, that's quite the failure. I had no idea this wasn't coming too the P.C.

6. Post

7. Post
    Schafer answers the question.

What a strawman, non-argument. No better than CliffyB's bullshit cop out lines. Just for that I'll buy the game second hand.

8. Post
    Haha.

'Cause PC games can't operate off an Xbox 360 controller or third party joypad.

I think hes right guise.

9. Post
    Oh this is an action game? I thought it was going to be adventure style.
    Unless it has DMC style combat then a kb+mouse will be fine.

10. Post
    He thinks it's 'meant to be on a console'? Well, I'm sorry to disagree, but I don't see why people wouldn't trust him on this. He seems to have garnered a lot of faith from the hardcore. Guess it's just not quite enough?

Wasn't particularly excited about this anyway, but I think I see what he's getting at. I usually enjoy adventure games more on console. Perhaps he just wants to ensure people are getting the intended experience.

11. Post
    exis wrote:
    Wasn't particularly excited about this anyway, but I think I see what he's getting at. I usually enjoy adventure games more on console. Perhaps he just wants to ensure people are getting the intended experience.
    Do you mean you enjoy it more on console or enjoy it more on a joypad?

My PC has 2x PS2 controllers so I don't see how I wouldn't get the same experience

12. Post
    Schafer is just being a dickhead with those comments, calling close-minded fanboys for just for having an interest in playing his f*cking game.

The other thing he said was pretty much the reverse of PC elitism, DMC-esque Action games can only be enjoyed on consoles? Riiiggghhhtt. Rhythm's point is dead on, we can use pretty much any USB accessory that we please on our PCs.

Zerulas wrote:
    Unless it has DMC style combat then a kb+mouse will be fine.
    It is indeed an action game with DMC-esque combat.

Outside of European indie studios and those talentless hacks Telltale, the point in click Adventure genre is pretty much dead as far as mainstream gaming is concerned.

13. Post
    rhythm! wrote:
    Do you mean you enjoy it more on console or enjoy it more on a joypad?

My PC has 2x PS2 controllers so I don't see how I wouldn't get the same experience
    I meant sitting on the couch in front of a big TV. It's the reason I usually play anything that doesn't require accurate pointing on console rather than PC. Just a different experience. But I can understand if others would be more comfortable than me playing in front of a PC.

14. Post
    Pssst, you can hook up PC's to HDTVs as well. Add wireless kb+m and gamepads and you have better experience than consoles can provide.

Also you might've heard of the concept of HTPCs.

15. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Pssst, you can hook up PC's to HDTVs as well. Add wireless kb+m and gamepads and you have better experience than consoles can provide.

Also you might've heard of the concept of HTPCs.
    Yes, you can. That's also pretty uncommon and not really relevant to Tim Schafer.

16. Post
    In all likelihood, not launching on PC at the same time (or at all) was simply necessary to get the game shipping on time/budget. In the meantime, everybody chill. If they are going to announce it for PC, it'll likely be after the others are released.

17. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    Just for that I'll buy the game second hand.
    Cold blooded.

18. Post
    The reasons Tim Schafer mentions as to why there is no PC version seem a bit empty. I'd love to play this game on PC, and will not be buying a console just for the privilege.

19. Post

20. Post
    Tbh a 32" monitor at 2560x1600 > a 52" TV at 1920x1080.

21. Post
    Soundtrack is Brutal.

22. Post
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/225260
    So Brutal Legend is finally coming to PC. I hope that it is a good port and that the original licensed music tracks are still intact.

Schafer is forgiven for the aforementioned malarkey. (Unfortunately he's still a douchebag because of the Amnesia Fortnight scam.)

23. Post
    nearly 3 years for a port?

wow

im keen for it and all, but wow

24. Post
    They were probably waiting for EA's publishing rights to expire and/or until they were flush enough to port and self-publish the game on PC.

25. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    http://store.steampowered.com/app/225260
    So Brutal Legend is finally coming to PC. I hope that it is a good port and that the original licensed music tracks are still intact.

Schafer is forgiven for the aforementioned malarkey. (Unfortunately he's still a douchebag because of the Amnesia Fortnight scam.)
    It was not a scam. A scam is tricking people. No one did not get what they payed for. Maybe you should look up what a scam is.

I will be rebuying. Completed it 100% on 360 at launch( I liked the Overlord style battle system, it was not a rts and if you attempted to play it like one you would lose) and greatly enjoyed the characters and setting