Gaming specials thread of gaming specials.

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)
Page 1 of 122 12341151101 ... Last

1. Post
    So currently, everyone's most hated, ahhh, I mean favourite gaming store is running a big sale on a ton of good games. At EB right now, you can pick up either Resistance 2, Motorstorm Pacific Rift or LittleBigPlanet for $60, brand new. Or for $5 more you can get CoD4: GotY edition which includes the map pack. Also for a week only Super Stardust HD is $3.90 at the PSN store. THREE DOLLARS AND NINETY CENTS NZD. And weighing at only 298MB it's light on your cap AND your wallet. Some sweet deals to be had out there, anyone else got more?

2. Post
    You can get LBP and Motorstorm Pacific Rift new at the warehouse for $48.50.....

Btw i don't understand the title?

3. Post
    wow motorstorm pacific rift for 48.50 eh?
    i should drop by the warehouse

4. Post
    Picked up Oblivion GOTY edition for my PS3 for $40 at EB.

5. Post
    Eb is terrible man, dont even list there sales in here. They mark the price up and then put a sticker on it saying its a sale.
    i.e. MGS4 Platinum they have white stickered as 69.95 then have $10.00 off on it that puts it to the standard platinum price anyway...

As previously mentioned go to the wharehouse or DSE usually have good deals.

Edit: actually MGS4 is a terrible example as its the one platinum that is usually 69.95 but they do it for most of the other platinum titles.
    In this sale there were a few like assasins creed and oblivion that were down by about $10.00 but the vast majority are at there normal prices but with a sales sticker on.

6. Post
    went to EB today. saw DIRT in a platinum case which had a $99 price tag on it at a half price sticker...since when is $99 the price of a platinum game. **** EB

*edited GRID for DIRT, put the wrong game name in*

7. Post
    someone needs to hit the commerce comission for that, since they are mis-representing the public with the prices

8. Post
    Silenced wrote:
    went to EB today. saw GRID in a platinum case which had a $99 price tag on it at a half price sticker...since when is $99 the price of a platinum game. **** EB
    Yeah. I saw that too. Felt like letting them know what it's really worth. In other news, today I stuck it to the "man" by buying Resistance 2 for $47 at JB-HiFi. Woot!

9. Post
    LOL i saw that and took a photo of it on my phone today aswell

10. Post
    I have sent a formal complaint through to the commerce commission just to see what/if anything happens
    auto reply email as follows.
    Acknowledgement of correspondence
    Thank you for your email. The information you have provided will be recorded in our database. We will contact you within two months if we intend to pursue your issue further. In the meantime, please keep any evidence you may have. Please note that the Commission does not seek redress on behalf of individual consumers/businesses.

The Commerce Commission acts in the public interest to stop misleading and anti-competitive behaviour, and correspondence from consumers and businesses is an important contributor to this work. Information from the public is often the first indication of a problem in the marketplace and may provide the initial evidence to begin an investigation. Thank you for taking the time to pass your information on to us.

Where you believe you have suffered loss you may wish to take your own action against a business through the Disputes Tribunal. For more information on the Tribunal please contact the Citizens Advice Bureau on 0800 367 222 or go to the Ministry of Consumer Affairs website at www.consumeraffairs.govt.nz<http://www.consumeraffairs.govt.nz/>

Commerce Commission Contact Centre

11. Post
    deff keep us updated to let us know whats happens, yeah man eb games shoudlnt do shit like that, any res2 for under 50 bux at jb-hifi, this is a must grab for me.

anyone knw where the cheapest place to buy FIGHT NIGHT ROUND 4 would be, when it comes out this fri???

12. Post
    2 years ago i worked in EB whangarei so i have a whole bunch of examples and experiance i can pull up if need be, but as the auto reply says could be up to 2months :S

13. Post
    I don't shop at EB anymore, havent for probably 2 years,
    Overpriced and they get off knowing that people don't know any better.

Its also illigal to sell a game as "New" when its been purchased, opened, played then returned and shrink wrapped out back... but they do it.

14. Post
    You know what's funny? As I bought Oblivion from EB, the sales clerk ask me if I wanted to take out a scratch warranty for $3. I heard about this in the US where Gamestop do this, but I had a small chuckle when I was asked that. I declined politely as they aren't getting any more money off me than needed.

15. Post
    yea its like $3 for games under $50 and $5 for games over if i remember correctly, Thing is in NZ your covered under the CGA so this "warrenty" is really you just handing them $3-$5 for nothing at all. Its all the mums and dads that fall for it usually.

Edit: it IS possible to get a good deal at EB but you have to be the type of person that always researchs the prices at other places first. Like at the moment you can get Assasins creed for 39.95 with there current sale, thats a good deal but one of the very few games thats "really" on sale.

16. Post
    seanhinton wrote:
    yea its like $3 for games under $50 and $5 for games over if i remember correctly, Thing is in NZ your covered under the CGA so this "warrenty"
    I don't know about that. The thing with scratches, it would really apply if you bought the game "new" and it has scratches. Don't think it covers you for having to show that your console/CD player scratches the thing a week later. I would like to be proven wrong if you can point to me where in the act that it says it covers scratches as well.

17. Post
    i see what your saying i think i jumped the gun on that one a bit but the $3-$5 only covers you if its repairable tho basicly meaning if you crack it or scratch the other side or if its 2 deep they will not replace it (i.e they must be able to repair it by resurfacing)
    you also will only receive a 2nd hand game back even tho the staff advertise that you will receive a "brand new" replacment.

All the scratch return games go off to HQ for resurfacing and then come back and are sold as 2nd hand copys so if there resurfacing doesnt fix the problem(which is often the case) then you can still end up with a buggered up version of the game, as for all you know the replacment 2nd hand one could be a former scratch return aswell.

18. Post
    Bond and bond had some good deals, A mate picked up Resistance 2 for $49.

19. Post
    I picked up MotorStorm PR and Resistance 2 for $48.50 each at the Warehouse this past weekend. Also Kmart are selling out of all there games and have had some bargains like Sega Rally $20 and MGS4 $30 etc. Noel Leeming have a good bargain bin too with cheaper prices than their online site shows.
    You really just need to take the time to shop around to find bargains. I tend to wait till games are $70 dollars or less. This forces me to actually attempt to finish the games I do have, before moving on to the latest must have title.

20. Post
    Ahahah kudos to you Sean.

Bloody EB.

21. Post
    the best deal ive got from them is Eternal Sonata @ 55$ and making them match DSE for Fall Out 3 at 110$ before both companies realised they underpriced before it was due for sale haha.

22. Post
    KMart in St Lukes has LBP for $40 and other games dirt cheap under $50

Motorstorm PR is $47 at JB Hifi

23. Post
    98united99 wrote:
    KMart in St Lukes has LBP for $40 and other games dirt cheap under $50

Motorstorm PR is $47 at JB Hifi
    Thats because KMart are going out of gaming and selling of their stock cheap

24. Post
    Is the K-Mart thing nationwide? I might see if I can pick up a few more deals if possible.

25. Post
    /Engage wrote:
    Is the K-Mart thing nationwide? I might see if I can pick up a few more deals if possible.
    Yes. I got about 6 games from K-Mart in Porirua a couple of weeks back. There is hardly anything left there now (was actually Saturday I was last in there).
    Most of the games were $20, $30, $40 and $60
    Anything that the suppliers wouldn't take back was reduced.