Page 4 of 4 First 1234

1. Post
    Spanked. wrote:
    Anyone know some good places to take a car for some options in the Auckland area? Am buying a CLK500 and I will be needing to do something otherwise I'll go bat**** crazy.

Went over the the nzicemag forums and that place is dead. Won't even let me login or register.
    Lol yep arse dropped out of that place big time, had a look a few days ago.

2. Post
    is there something like this available in NZ?

http://www.tomshardware.com/reviews/...view,3520.html

http://www.amazon.com/dp/B00A6UTZ32/...productDetails

i like that its android-based, mechless and shallow. my stereo is mounted low in the center console and at a steep angle. Most 2DIN stereos wont fit because it would hit the tunnel.
    Last edited by fUrBuRgEr; 16th January 2015 at 10:22 am.

3. Post
    You have an Accord with navi yeah? If so then you have to keep the dvd unit plugged in otherwise the screen/controls won't work.

4. Post
    no I don't, that was a friends car I was trying to get a translation for. sucks to be him though

5. Post
    HI Team

need some info and help if possible, been reading that my new err old 250gt 2008 Nav and audio is all in Japanese and the Nav system cannot be used in NZ. Now worried about the NAV but would like the system changed to english, and that is likely also not possible. So anyone got recommendations of shops or sparkies who know how to rip the whole thing out and put in a new system while keeping the rear view camera etc?

6. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    HI Team

need some info and help if possible, been reading that my new err old 250gt 2008 Nav and audio is all in Japanese and the Nav system cannot be used in NZ. Now worried about the NAV but would like the system changed to english, and that is likely also not possible. So anyone got recommendations of shops or sparkies who know how to rip the whole thing out and put in a new system while keeping the rear view camera etc?
    I think it'd be more economical to replace the whole unit. IT usually the upmarket euros where people get them converrted to english to maintain that factor look

7. Post
    Looking for somewhere in Hamilton to install a heady and some 6x9's in a MAzda 323, anyone have any preferred place?

8. Post
    nzasian88 wrote:
    I think it'd be more economical to replace the whole unit. IT usually the upmarket euros where people get them converrted to english to maintain that factor look
    You can't easily replace the unit on those though - it has everything built into it

9. Post
    yeah it could not be done. The entire unit had the aircon, the sound system etc all tied in. Would have cost way more than actually selling the whole car and getting a local 370GT

10. Post
    Bloody wrote:
    getting a local 370GT
    No such thing - never sold new here.

You could probably swap the entire system from a US market model in but it'd be expensive to source

11. Post
    Just brought an Atenza
    WTF can i do to the set up there if i want to get a new stereo put in? any help
    Upper Hutt, Wellington
    Last edited by Skuttle; 20th October 2015 at 11:34 am.

12. Post
    Skuttle wrote:
    Just brought an Atenza
    WTF can i do to the set up there if i want to get a new stereo put in? any help
    Upper Hutt, Wellington
    If it still has the factory radio you need to buy one of these kits. Sadly the Atenza mounting kits are really expensive :\

http://www.qualitycaraudio.co.nz/ind...151_291&page=1

13. Post
    Hey guys, looking at getting some new front speakers for my car (Mazda 323 - Sedan ) but I have NFI what size they are. Is there an easy way to find out?

14. Post
    What year man?most likely going to be 6"-6.5"
    Although could be 4"

15. Post
    iludez wrote:
    What year man?most likely going to be 6"-6.5"
    Although could be 4"
    Hey bro! It's a '95.

16. Post
    6.5's in front man

17. Post
    Chur bro!

18. Post
    Would there be anywhere in NZ that sells something like this
    http://www.ebay.com/itm/Scosche-SAHR...-/390710630101 [edit: helps if I put the right URL in]

Got a 08 Fit RS, but theres no speakers in the rear (and the front ones kinda sound junk), so thought I could chuck the front ones in the rear, and put some new ones up front. But realised I need to find a bracket/mount for them.
    Last edited by Dingardo; 24th December 2015 at 3:33 pm.

19. Post
    Noob question, just removed the previous head unit from my car, head unit was held in place by 1 screw on each side. The new head unit doesn't have any screw holes, just some indented unthreaded holes in the same place screw holes are required. The head unit came with a metal sleeve which also doesn't have screw holes so I can't use that to securely mount the head unit.

Is there some kind of fastener or bracket I need in this situation?

20. Post
    DW wrote:
    Noob question, just removed the previous head unit from my car, head unit was held in place by 1 screw on each side. The new head unit doesn't have any screw holes, just some indented unthreaded holes in the same place screw holes are required. The head unit came with a metal sleeve which also doesn't have screw holes so I can't use that to securely mount the head unit.

Is there some kind of fastener or bracket I need in this situation?
    The size of the unthreaded hole and the thickness of the metal should allow a screw to work. Just make sure it's short.

21. Post
    Has anyone tried the Freego FG-6516BT and also anyone had any dealings with KSound. They seem to sell these units quite cheaply on TradeMe, wonder if they're any good

22. Post
    I bought 3 sets of Alpine Type R components from KSound.
    No complaints here. Well priced and the stuff turned up real quick.

23. Post
    Anyone knows good unit for Mazda 3 2009 - Old Model(2004-2009)?

I was checking with Crazy Systems and they had Mazda 3 OEM units - matches the red theme of my car deck - quoted 699 - Andriod & 499 - Windows? If anyone can help which one to go with also was quoted installation of $150.

24. Post
    Balinor wrote:
    Has anyone tried the Freego FG-6516BT and also anyone had any dealings with KSound. They seem to sell these units quite cheaply on TradeMe, wonder if they're any good
    These guys website doesn't seem to be working.

Anyone know whats the best go-to supplier for audio parts? I'm after fronts/rears/sub/5chan amp