Page 1 of 3 123 Last
Results 1 to 25 of 74

  1. Post
    #1
    Ill be adding to this list as I find more helpful sites.

    Unfortunately most are American sites so no options for Skylines


    > NZ ICE Magazine
    NZ Forum for In Car Entertainment

    > MobileToys.com - Your Mobile Electronics Playground
    Go through the options and select your car.
    This site will give you the size/depth of the factory speakers that
    came with the car.


    > Find Car Audio/Video Gear that Fits Your Vehicle at Crutchfield!
    This site is like the one above but goes more
    in-depth, letting you select headunits and giving you
    a list of audio parts that suit your car which you can
    then order online.


    > The Install Doctor - The Do-It-Yourself Car Stereo Installation Resource
    This site gives you wiring diagrams of your
    cars stereo and DIY installs guides to suit your car.


    > modifiedlife
    lots and lots of car stereo wiring diagrams, lots!

    > ED's Auto Services
    Range of Car Stereo Installation accessories.

    > Rockford Fosgate
    Has a heap of great tools, like sub wiring guides
    and box calculators.


    > diyAudio
    DIY Audio forum

    > Diplodocs
    Good site for finding user manuals for amps, head-decks etc

    > The12volt
    Free Vehicle Wiring Information (includes car alarm,
    remote start, car stereo, cruise control, navigation, and more)




    NZ Audio Retailers
    > HYPER - Welcome to HYPER DRIVE and HYPER RIDE
    > Car Audio - Hotwire
    > Mobile Phones, Car Audios, Cameras, Watches and More - Parallel Imported
    > Pauls Audio
    > Rapid - Aucklands Car Audio, Mobile Electronics & Security
    > www.streetsoundz.co.nz


  2. Post
    #3
    Installdr.com is brilliant...

    Helped me by-pass the amp in my Toyota.

    Has nothing for my current E30 though... (but multimeter ftw)

  3. Post
    #4
    Just gave this an update

  4. Post
    #5
    Maybe we should stickie this? not lock it but just stickie it so so that its there for easy access?

  5. Post
    #6
    Yeah, we should really make an ICE FAQ thing for sticky.

  6. Post
    #7
    Wel i Guess start with this and just build on it?

  7. Post
    #8
    Sounds good.


    1) The more speakers you have the better your music will sound
    2) 7way 200w 6x9s are awesome.
    3) I'm going to stop being silly and do this properly.

  8. Post
    #9
    But really:

    1) MAX/PMPO POWER RATINGS MEAN NOTHING. ONLY LOOK AT RMS FIGURES.
    2) See above.
    3) In most cases Front components and a sub amped is all you will need, at least to start with. Unless you have a large car you dont really need rear speakers, or if you do just run them off your headunit faded out for passengers. A decent set of components in the front will be easily heard by rear passengers. Plus really, who cares about the people in the back
    4)
    5)
    6)
    7)

    9)



    Basic cheap setup:

    Front components.
    4 channel amp.
    sub.

    Bridge rear channels of amp to create a 4ohm load for either a dual 2ohm sub, or a single coil 4 ohm sub. Run your components off the front two channels.

  9. Post
    #10
    kopfschuss wrote:
    Sounds good.


    1) The more speakers you have the better your music will sound
    2) 7way 200w 6x9s are awesome.
    3) I'm going to stop being silly and do this properly.
    yay i have 4 way 140w 6 by 9s, im almost leet

    but more seriously, random assorted tips:

    Look around, generally if a car audio shop is around for a long time then they are usually pretty good. also talk to people, see what you can find out.


    The cheaper Head units dont have to much different, just find one that you like the look of and has the right features and get that one.

    Thats what I can think if now but Il prob come back to this

  10. Post
    #11
    Atomik Audio and Installation in Dunedin is my pick

    as for FAQ

    1) Listen to kopfschuss

  11. Post
    #12
    antil33t wrote:
    Atomik Audio and Installation in Dunedin is my pick

    as for FAQ

    1) Listen to kopfschuss
    Seriously? Mate used to flat with the owner hes a ****ing tool. I think he lost the buisness cause he went bankrupt so I think someone else has taken over the store

  12. Post
    #13
    Digital Design subs + Eaudio amps combo is ftw.

  13. Post
    #14
    theres an insaneeeeeely awesome car audio site which has been missed...but for the life of me I cant think of the name from the top of my head right now lol

  14. Post
    #15
    trancE wrote:
    theres an insaneeeeeely awesome car audio site which has been missed...but for the life of me I cant think of the name from the top of my head right now lol
    car audio australia?

  15. Post
    #16
    I found this ages ago, for the electronics for car audio. plus details of setups and subwoofer enclosures etc.

    All in simple diagrams etc.

    Hope it helps!
    http://www.bcae1.com/

  16. Post
    #17
    Kelso wrote:
    Seriously? Mate used to flat with the owner hes a ****ing tool. I think he lost the buisness cause he went bankrupt so I think someone else has taken over the store

    Dunno, Only ever bought stuff from there... the dude gave me some good deals, and some usefull advice.

  17. Post
    #18
    I'd avoid SoundAround if you live in West Auckland. They don't listen to what you ask for,

  18. Post
    #19
    http://ampguts.realmofexcursion.com

    quite a good site, tells you specs of amps, and tells you similar amps that use the same boards - so you could possibly find one of the same specs for cheaper

  19. Post
    #20
    nzice as kopfschuss mentioned

    its a dedicated car audio forum
    has everything most people need

    if you want real Technical Info.. then off to MEA (car audio Aus) talk audio.. and better still http://www.diyaudio.com/forums/


    some of the nzice meets are pretty good to... as you get to hear other systems, get lots of idea's and people can help you out even more

  20. Post
    #21
    Skilfil wrote:
    I'd avoid SoundAround if you live in West Auckland. They don't listen to what you ask for,
    they went under.

    Remember just because someone says X subs are ZOMFG AWESOME, you might find they are not, because for all you know they might like loud and hard hitting bass, where as you want crisp clean bass and find the sub they think is great is not really suited to your needs.

    Also, sensitivity of a sub is a good indicator of how well it goes, but not really a be and end all thing.


    Always listen to speakers with your own music.
    Needs to stop telling GPOD when he masturbates.

  21. Post
    #22
    Yeah, thats probably the biggest one, generally when you are in the 300$ + price point per speaker, they all sound pretty good but have a distinct sound each. So you really want to audition them.



    Although alpine type X are awesome

  22. Post
    #23
    Magnetic Flux wrote:
    they went under.

    Remember just because someone says X subs are ZOMFG AWESOME, you might find they are not, because for all you know they might like loud and hard hitting bass, where as you want crisp clean bass and find the sub they think is great is not really suited to your needs.

    Also, sensitivity of a sub is a good indicator of how well it goes, but not really a be and end all thing.


    Always listen to speakers with your own music.
    Yeah I saw that haha, yeah I was asking for some cheap 10's since I just wanted something to play music on. (1st car so nothing spectacular) The guy kept trying to sell me some $600 competition sub even though I'd told him I was looking for nothing special just a normal sub..

  23. Post
    #24

  24. Post
    #25
    Adam-BRO wrote:
    no

Page 1 of 3 123 Last