Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Exclamation

Overpowered main character

Hey guys, I am looking for anime where the main character is Overpowered

i.e. He totally dominates his enemy's, and rarely has to get serious.

examples of a few i have watched are Kaze no Stigma and Chrome shelled Regios
    I would also consider Lelouch and Light to be OP

2. Post
    Kira "Jesus" Yamato

3. Post
    kazza wrote:
    Kira "Jesus" Yamato
    LOL!

He jumped to my mind first as well

4. Post
    id class ichigo as somewhat of an OP char, even when eh gets beatend down, all hes got to do is dig deep and by some miracle he gains power -fukn a

5. Post
    goku ?

6. Post
    kazza wrote:
    Kira "Jesus" Yamato
    more like Heero Yuy, his normal gun shot can blow up a colony/planet(lol)

7. Post
    (Ne)niaz wrote:
    more like Heero Yuy, his normal gun shot can blow up a colony/planet(lol)
    haha true but what about uchiha sasuke? i'd consider him pretty OP and a main character depending on your standpoint as someone else said ichigo kurosaki is also in that boat im not sure if anyone else would agree but luffy? from where i've seen up to he hasnt seemed to have lost IN battle yet

8. Post
    kazza wrote:
    Kira "Jesus" Yamato
    Watching Gundam seed now, liking it so far

absorb wrote:
    id class ichigo as somewhat of an OP char, even when eh gets beatend down, all hes got to do is dig deep and by some miracle he gains power -fukn a
    Hallucinogen_ wrote:
    goku ?
    I mean guys that don't take a beat down, they just kick ass from the start

9. Post
    Demon Eyes Kyoshiro ?

He's pretty OP (well for most of the series anyways)

10. Post
    Dante from Devil May Cry? Haven't seen the series but from the game he was over 9000 fo' sho.

11. Post
    BERSERK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!111

Its old school, and the manga is just out of this world. Real dark, demons, blood, sex, huge epic medievil battles, Hell, hallucinations, **** off big as sword, Beasts, Gore, brutal. The manga spans over most of the main characters life, and is ongoing (since 1989 For ****s sakes!) the author has been releasing like one giant graphic novel every six months for the last 20 years pretty much. Next one is out in september. Pure EPIC (refering to the manga)

The anime is still really good if you have a liking for old school anime, or if you arent too fussed with the quality compared to todays anime. Still though, this is one to watch and Ill preach and preach !~

EDIT: also what I really like about Guts (the main character) is that hes constantly plagued by death and suffering, and the more pain he recieves the stronger he becomes.. kinda like his soul feeds of the torture and brutal battlefields which feeds his emense bloodrage, but hes still strongly moralistic and completely merciless, MERCILESS!!

12. Post
    I s**t you not I was going to mention Guts (before DMC) but have only seen 2/3rd of Beserk anime so didnt know if he turns into a weeping pansy towards the end.. but yeah he's packin' nails aiiight haha!

13. Post
    Guts isn't exactly OP though...
    Also, you might wanna spoiler out that manga part Jopsy

14. Post
    Me being ignorant, I thought you could link anything that was on youtube (well at least until Youtube delete it) sorry admin.

@OP the anime isn't too long, and only covers a certain period in the Manga, but for its age, it's still a brutal anime, with strong character development with original ideas. Easy to get hold of as well

15. Post
    Skaffen_Amtiskaw wrote:
    I s**t you not I was going to mention Guts (before DMC) but have only seen 2/3rd of Beserk anime so didnt know if he turns into a weeping pansy towards the end.. but yeah he's packin' nails aiiight haha!
    no he doesnt turn panzy at all :P and unfortunately the anime doesn't cover a great deal compared to the manga. Probably in this case, even for people who are not keen on reading manga as opposed to watching anime, BERSERK is best served Manga (but man if one of those damn anime companys just dropped one of their many epically fail animes, and revisited the BERSERK universe, continuing the story, ah it would be soo drool, so many epic battles that the anime couldnt cover)

16. Post
    lol i swear jopsy there has to be a person like you for every manga-turned non-finished anime out there

for me im like that with air gear and soul eater but it seems only the ones that hit the highest ratings or have had most requests seem to be getting finished off these days as such with the case of FMA: brotherhood and now inuyasha im not complaining about either of them though because i liked both of them anyway

17. Post
    Its just sad to see how epic the manga is, then they release a really good 25 episode? series which only covers a small segment of the manga and then ends just when the Manga gets ultimately EPIC!!! theres no logic to it at all.

Too much politics in the anime industry, look at Evangelion for example.. their company went bust or something, had to abruptly finish the series, then tried to save it with half assed, cut up and recycled OVAs or movies.

Don't get me started with Bleach (anime) these days as well so sad to see it go down the ****ter as well (come on you all know the fillers suck ass), and Bleach doesn't have that "hell-yea-Bleach is out today!" feel to it anymore. I still religiously watch it, it's just not at the top of the list of anime to stay updated on anymore

18. Post
    Jopsy wrote:
    Its just sad to see how epic the manga is, then they release a really good 25 episode? series which only covers a small segment of the manga and then ends just when the Manga gets ultimately EPIC!!! theres no logic to it at all.

Too much politics in the anime industry, look at Evangelion for example.. their company went bust or something, had to abruptly finish the series, then tried to save it with half assed, cut up and recycled OVAs or movies.

Don't get me started with Bleach (anime) these days as well so sad to see it go down the ****ter as well (come on you all know the fillers suck ass), and Bleach doesn't have that "hell-yea-Bleach is out today!" feel to it anymore. I still religiously watch it, it's just not at the top of the list of anime to stay updated on anymore
    At least Naruto still rocks the boat!~ they got their **** on lock down and the fillers are actually good with a stronger connection to the larger story than most other fillers in other anime

19. Post
    well they originally pulled about 80 episodes of filler out of their ass lol im sure if bleach slowed down the chapter to episode ratio and chunk in about 80 episodes of filler theyd be able to follow it with no hesitations

20. Post
    darc9999 wrote:
    for me im like that with air gear
    I'm with you there lol...
    I would love to see Air Gear finished in anime form, as the manga is probably only 1-2 years away from finishing.

21. Post
    MegaManX wrote:
    I'm with you there lol...
    I would love to see Air Gear finished in anime form, as the manga is probably only 1-2 years away from finishing.
    agreed with the way things have been turning in the manga lately but who knows? maybe after the manga finishes they'll start off where the anime first finished just before ikki recieves sora's training

but man i'd so love to see some of the weird crap thats happened in the manga in anime form...
    Spoiler:
    like the kickass true fang king lind

22. Post
    Dante from the DMC anime takes out the main badguy in one shot o.O

23. Post
    The only time Dante has ever really struggled is against Vergil/Nelo Angelo and maybe Mundus. (In game)

Otherwise he's OP everywhere else

24. Post
    Gojita/Vegeto <-- Steamrolled every opponent he came across in under a second, given that all of his opponents were the saga's final boss makes it even more impressive.

25. Post
    yeah but gojita had limitations didnt he? a time limit i believe

Page 1 of 3 123 Last