Page 1 of 4 1234 Last

1. Post

Halo 3: ODST

So with its upcoming release this Tuesday who is looking forward to this?

I've just finished the campaign and still haven't really digested what just happened. It was a fairly solid campaign, quite short but good fun COOP.

From the brief play in firefight I reckon that it has made the game. From what I saw it is far superior to Horde on Gears 2 and getting some 4 player COOP going would be loads of fun.

Overall I'd say its probably worth around $80 especially if you haven't already downloaded the Halo 3 dlc.

2. Post
    I've been looking forward to this for a while. I enjoy Horde on gears 2 a lot, so firefight should be awesome.
    If anyones keen to get a group together to play COOP or firefight, send me a friend request.

3. Post
    I will be keen for firefight...enjoy the heck out of horde and this should be fun as well.

4. Post
    im going away for 5 days but my copy arrives on the 22nd. grrr

5. Post
    Getting mine on Thursday, cant wait!

6. Post
    I'm going through the campaign mode at the moment. It's enjoyable so far but no great departure from the tried-and-true Halo game play. I, like you MS, believe that Firefight will ensure the game's longevity. People will be playing it long after they've forgotten about the campaign mode.

7. Post
    how long does the campaign last if you were churning through it.

8. Post
    One of the reviews linked on Mighty Ape today said 9.5 hours for campaign on Hardcore playthrough.

9. Post
    How are people already playing it?

I got a preorder from MA and it hasn't shipped yet... (Unless it has and the T&T info is not updated yet and it's just waiting at home for me.)

10. Post
    I am looking forward.

11. Post
    Lythium wrote:
    How are people already playing it?

I got a preorder from MA and it hasn't shipped yet... (Unless it has and the T&T info is not updated yet and it's just waiting at home for me.)
    Some ppl work at retail stores and get product early and some work for media and same dealio

12. Post
    My copy was sent by MA today. Does anyone know what kind of shipping they use? I'm hoping I will have my copy tomorrow.

13. Post
    Monolith NZ wrote:
    My copy was sent by MA today. Does anyone know what kind of shipping they use? I'm hoping I will have my copy tomorrow.
    CourierPost.

14. Post
    pre ordered and cant wait

15. Post
    Ready to Drop from midnight. Friends were going to the EBgames tonight so decided to go too.
    Monolith NZ wrote:
    Be prepared for 7AM delivery .

16. Post
    when do you guys reckon the Halo reach beta's gonna go live ? im looking foward to that.

17. Post
    Awww mayne Im not to sure if I should get it 2moro, MS decide for me GO GO GO!!!

18. Post
    Coolguy6 wrote:
    how long does the campaign last if you were churning through it.
    I played through on Normal coop with one other and it took 3 hours. Second play through will start up tonight on legendary 4 player coop so will see how long that lasts.

19. Post
    is it just me, or is this game too easy even on legendary? I'm sailing through the campaign..

20. Post
    Dam all you people that already have it :mad:
    I wont be buying it until after my test on wednesday afternoon, otherwise I wont get any study done..

21. Post
    Xenith wrote:
    Some ppl work at retail stores and get product early and some work for media and same dealio
    You say it I got my copy last Wednesday! =P

Got a good solid 7 hours or so of Campaign finished it on Saturday, I never played Halo 3 online so I was a little annoyed that I lost the cool ODST Hud in multi-player but that's my only nitpick.

Firefight is hella fun tho.

22. Post
    Xenith wrote:
    Right, of course. Lucky bastards

Saw Natural playing it last night, just before my Xbox died.

My copy was delivered today, and now I can't use it.

23. Post
    Check out Gameplanet's review of Halo 3: ODST here:
    http://www.gameplanet.co.nz/xbox/gam...0.Halo-3-ODST/

360 REVIEW by Joel Lauterbach

There's something I need to get off my chest, simply because I am so thoroughly overjoyed words can hardly describe: the pistol zoom is back in Halo, baby!

For those of you who have been following the epic Halo franchise since the early days in 2001, you probably remember a pretty awesome pistol zoom that allowed for some mighty accurate and powerful head-shots. Most fans will rejoice at this news I would imagine, and run out and pick up Halo 3: ODST. But if you just hang on a minute I'll put it in a context. Halo 3, although being a pretty great game, certainly had its flaws. While being nice and polished enough, it took away from the fun in some pretty distinct areas and stepped on some fans' toes in the process. In true Bungie style however, Halo 3: ODST feels like they’re trying to make up for something, and maybe, just maybe, they have spent a few years listening to feedback and refining their development.

Continue reading

24. Post
    i got my odst this morning but got to wait till after school to play
    also is the reach beta out or do we got to wait for it

25. Post
    nz4life wrote:
    i got my odst this morning but got to wait till after school to play
    also is the reach beta out or do we got to wait for it
    You have to wait for it to be opened up.

Page 1 of 4 1234 Last