What did you do to your car today?

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)

1. Post

What did you do to your car today?

Blatant thread rip off of somewhere, I'm bored.

I have done nothing to my car today.

2. Post
    Neither have I, it's got no WOF.

3. Post
    i pulled the dash out & started replacing every part of the old GTX loom with a newer more complete GTR loom every part back into factory position etc ...

car wiring is annoying

4. Post
    I havent done anything to my car today. Still too far away.

This weekend i'm planning to do some shopping for it though. I need:

New head/s
    Full Gasket set
    Gearbox rebuild kit, synchros and bearings (damn drift kids, they've made the price for hilux gearbox parts go up :mad: )
    and a set of Rear brakes. Either standard drums or i might finally go for discs on the rear (using a mix of landcruiser discs and subaru calipers)

all up i'm looking at about $2000

Then there's the Suzuki tractor project to unpack from the storage crates as well. I've jacked up the use of a MIG so i want to go hard out and get the engine mounts and rear suspension made up. Then it can go off to the engineer's for the coil spring front suspension, the reason why i pulled it to bits in the first place a year ago Would be nice to see it looking like a vehicle again.

And theres a corolla in one of the sheds somewhere. guess i have to do the head on it. again. or just try and flick it on TM.

Oh well, at least i've got one good vehicle that doesn't need fixing

I've had too much time to think about this over the last couple of months. Sucks being away from the shed for too long.

5. Post
    Installed a bov the other day

6. Post
    nothing today but had my car dyno'd at GCP yesterday. 210kw

7. Post
    as of last week my corona has gone from a badly running 3T to a mint running 3T-EU

tonight its getting a new dizzy rotor, cap, a new set of leads and a new air filter to replace the franky ****ed 25 year old items it currently has

8. Post
    Drove it to school... Wbu?

9. Post
    DAXtER wrote:
    Installed a bov the other day
    Mean, now post skid vids

10. Post
    ^ Cant do that with 4wd

11. Post
    DAXtER wrote:
    ^ Cant do that with 4wd

nah bro, it's easy az. just tie a chain thru the rear towing eyes and onto another car/shed/powerpole. Then chuck some oil on the wheels and go hard.

We tried it with my mate's GT4, it dragged my Safari round a bit, but it was funny as hell watching him see-sawing back and forth across the carpark

12. Post
    Plan for the day is bleeding the brakes, some wiring, make hangers for the exhaust.

13. Post
    Plan for today is finish getting the gearbox off my Supra. Goddamn R154s! :mad:
    Roadskin

14. Post
    DAXtER wrote:
    ^ Cant do that with 4wd
    sure you can!

there wont be much gearbox\clutch\diff(s) left but you will be able to do it! (once)

15. Post
    Roadskin wrote:
    Plan for today is finish getting the gearbox off my Supra. Goddamn R154s! :mad:
    Haha, what have you been doing?

Changing the clutch or something?

16. Post
    Hmm, reminds me I must check my engine. I check all the basics each week, its my only car atm and I can't afford for it to go kaput because I was too lazy to check the oil.

17. Post
    Roman wrote:
    Haha, what have you been doing?

Changing the clutch or something?
    Yeah, attempting to replace the clutch. A lot of shagging around and a few phone calls to MrOizo later...managed to get all the bolts undone but it's still attached by a clutch fork pin I suspect...
    Roadskin

18. Post
    tried to start it....
    realised the battery is dead again after jumping it yesterday :mad:

19. Post
    I need to get the battery outta mine, get it charged so I can get a WOF and REGO to sell the ****er

20. Post
    I don't have a car

21. Post
    I should probably put my fog lamps back in.

In case it gets foggy.
    Gareth's Lawns & Pipe Cleaning Ltd, Hamilton.

22. Post
    GaR wrote:
    I should probably put my fog lamps back in.

In case it gets foggy.
    What do you do if it gets misty?
    Roadskin

23. Post
    ^ turn on the de-mister?

24. Post
    Skilfil wrote:
    Hmm, reminds me I must check my engine. I check all the basics each week, its my only car atm and I can't afford for it to go kaput because I was too lazy to check the oil.

I'm lucky my car tells me when it's lost 500mL of oil.

25. Post
    antil33t wrote:
    I'm lucky my car tells me when it's lost 500mL of oil.
    I didn't know E30s did that? Mind you in my mates BMW that we killed it had half the lights on anyway.