Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)

1. Post
    Lent it to my mum.

2. Post
    Made it smile:

3. Post
    Replaced the first ever part on my bike

New Chain - only $120 Gotta love how cheap the parts are to replace.

4. Post
    Started it

5. Post
    love that magnetic clutch eh? :P it's almost like vtec!
    Needs to stop telling GPOD when he masturbates.

6. Post
    Yep magnetic. Smallest pulley i can do is 103mm with a magnetic clutch (stock is 125mm or so). 103mm only does 5psi so im going straight to a fixed 77mm witch claims to do 12 or so.

7. Post
    6" components in doors.

Had a genius idea as to where to put a sub, it involves the gutting the centre of the benchseat and building a box into it. Might be worth it for the originality factor.

8. Post
    new oil and filter

NO I AM NOT DRAINING THE OIL INTO THE DRAIN,
    DRAINED INTO TRAYS.

9. Post
    Sold the Silvia Already?

10. Post
    Got a new set of cam cover gaskets as I've had enough of the car leaving a pool of oil on the garage floor.
    Also picked up my manifold and turbo now that the studs have been shortened to allow it to bolt down properly.

11. Post
    Fixed exhaust leak (crc liquid gasket ftw) and discover that one of the evil rattles which had been bothering me was in fact a socket which had become trapped beneath the manifold cover.

12. Post
    dropkick Murphy wrote:
    Fixed exhaust leak (crc liquid gasket ftw) and discover that one of the evil rattles which had been bothering me was in fact a socket which had become trapped beneath the manifold cover.
    argh dont you just hate that - i had the same problem with my car - although it was a screwdriver a tech left under the back seat 5 years prior to me owning it

13. Post
    chr wrote:
    Started it

kewl ! , was that a kit ?

14. Post

Finally got the ****ing handbrake assembly off. Will braze a bold on and re-fit tomorrow, if I can be bothered.

Actually, would the car get a warrent if I replaced the dash mounted handbrake with a floor mounted one? Or would that require a cert?

15. Post
    tyre shine

16. Post
    Replaced front tyres, threw away chewed up rear tyres wheel balance and alignment, last weekend new rear shocks, oil and filter change.
    Had to muck around a bit, since the person who previously owned it had replaced the standard shocks with shocks from a Primera with ABS so springs wouldn't fit had to go back to Stocks to get the right fitting ones....never assume.

17. Post
    replaced the windscreen. no more crack going from one side to the other

and got a wof

18. Post
    Handbrake finally working again. Much more of a mission than it should have been.

19. Post
    Gave it a rinse off as it was covered in all kinds of ****.. dirt, dust, vomit, spiderwebs, etc..
    Also vacuumed the interior and ****

20. Post
    wired sisters car with sounds
    fixed cracked bumper with cable ties and some wires

21. Post
    about 20mm lower and and 25mm wider at the front.

22. Post
    not today; but might be selling the evo tomorrow!

23. Post
    Stared quizzically at the tranny dipstick. Again.

24. Post
    Was informed by my father the back tyres are ****ed. Checked them myself, agreed.

WTB: Tyres and rims pcd 5x114 with 35+ offset
    Something that would look nice on a hilux, nothing chrome (except modgies )

25. Post
    chr wrote:
    Yep magnetic. Smallest pulley i can do is 103mm with a magnetic clutch (stock is 125mm or so). 103mm only does 5psi so im going straight to a fixed 77mm witch claims to do 12 or so.
    it will spin 1.33 times faster so i'd estimate 6.5-7 psi. the more the merrier of course, but i think i'd prefer the fuel ecomomy of being able to switch it off if it's a daily driver.