What did you do to your car today?

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)

1. Post
    Began obsessively cleaning the engine bay, painting anything the looks even slightly rusty. Including the airbox, manifold, manifold cover and windscreen wipers.

Edit: Holy **** my engine bay is massive, you could smuggle mexicans in that thing. Currently thinking semi seriously about an engine swap.

2. Post
    JRS wrote:
    it will spin 1.33 times faster so i'd estimate 6.5-7 psi. the more the merrier of course, but i think i'd prefer the fuel ecomomy of being able to switch it off if it's a daily driver.
    I also factored in that ill be running a FMIC also, add that and the piping into the maths and it drops it a bit. The switch idea is a bit silly at the moment as it runs like **** with it off. I really need 2 tunes on the memcal, rig a switch to alternate between the 2, and piggy back the sc pulley switch onto that

3. Post
    i punched the left tail light on the corona in fustration after trying everything to try and make it go

after giving it a good thump the ****er decides to light up fine

4. Post
    oops, I stuck a bid on another Link ECU on trademe thinking someone else would probably outbid me.

but no one did.

So now I suppose I'll have to put it on the track car.

5. Post
    Drove home the long way

6. Post
    traded it in for an '09 Skoda Fabia RS

not really. Took one of the sales cars to a customer 100km down country. Was a good fun drive, very nice car. If i had the money, i'd buy it over an of the audis or vw's we sell (for the same money, mind. I'd love one of the new audi RS6's. 500-something hp, twin turbo V10 )

Gave her the car, got into her new suzuki swift, and just about giggled once i'd stuck my boot up it. Helluva change from the skoda, i'll tell you that. poor thing was strugglng to do 100km/h.

Not fair. I wanted the to take the skoda home instead of the suzuki

7. Post
    Brought a coby and a new set of springs for it. Haven't even driven it in ages

8. Post
    skrillz wrote:
    Brought a coby and a new set of springs for it. Haven't even driven it in ages
    Nice, is it the 4 cylinder or 6 cylinder one?

9. Post
    he has a Manual six... lucky bugger.

10. Post
    Nooice, hbmonkeyman (doesn't post much on here) had an E30 320i. Not much power but I loved the sound of the 6 screaming. We tried to kill it but it kept going and going.

11. Post
    Oh yeap. Mine's also 320i, same colour too. Has started to transform into something else tho

12. Post
    Delivered pizza. Wet conditions dont mix great with tail happy utes, bald tires and fast driving.

Was great fun

13. Post
    Looked at how filthy it is, and lol'd at the mess the ****ed engine has made.

then drove my mothers car.

14. Post
    Yesterday i parked mine up in the garage for the next 3+ months, removed headers and started to sand back and polish up. Removed front seats and waterblasted all the **** off them.
    Also purchased some aircon stuff for the upcoming hot summer

15. Post
    new wof for my corolla, havent done anything to the supra or even driven it for the last 2 weeks

16. Post
    Smoked my Diff during the last race of the E30's at Hampton Downs. SOAB!

17. Post
    Drove it to Papamoa and back (from Auckland) over the weekend. Went really well. Gave it a bit of a wash too.

18. Post
    Got it towed on saturday night picked it up sunday morning for 200$ Although I didnt actually drove it home, Although I didnt actually drive it home, i drove my friends pos pulsar while she drove my car back.

19. Post
    kopfschuss wrote:
    Got it towed on saturday night picked it up sunday morning for 200$ Although I didnt actually drove it home, Although I didnt actually drive it home, i drove my friends pos pulsar while she drove my car back.

Double Sentence?

20. Post
    weird, i think i copied/pasted that from another forum rant thread so maybe thats how it got messed :/

21. Post
    SOLD IT yay!

New wheels on thurs/fri now

22. Post
    ****ed up masking the guards, :mad: have to redo parts.

Also, shave the antenna? Thinking I might move it from the guard to somewhere less conspicuous, it always gets bent when I drive under trees.

Also: am I likely to get hassled by cops for having my bumper off and plate on the dash? Need to straighten out the bumper and repaint the valance.

23. Post
    dropkick Murphy wrote:
    ****ed up masking the guards, :mad: have to redo parts.

Also, shave the antenna? Thinking I might move it from the guard to somewhere less conspicuous, it always gets bent when I drive under trees.

Also: am I likely to get hassled by cops for having my bumper off and plate on the dash? Need to straighten out the bumper and repaint the valance.
    Heh I shaved the antenna off my Laser when I was doing the rust around it, it used to be on my roof. So much better now that its gone, never listened to the radio anyway, mp3 bitchess

24. Post
    dropkick Murphy wrote:
    Yes you will, especially with having the plate in the window
    Would also have a winge about the lack of front bumper because there is not "barrier" between a pedestrian and your car (i.e no plastic bumper to cushion the hit)

25. Post
    dropkick Murphy wrote:
    Began obsessively cleaning the engine bay

This will be so easy with no engine