Brake fluid - $15
    Front left controlling arm with new ball joints $162
    New tyres $440
    Wiper blades $20
    Rear brake discs - had some spare new ones woot
    Rear brake pads - had some spare new ones woot
    New front wheel bearing + hub kit $165
    Labour incl WOF / Service $340

**** you warrant of fitness! Gonna have a bitch at work about my controlling arm as its the potholes @ work that rip the **** outa them.

on the plus side, new springs & shocks I bought are now in and the cars looking absolutely tits.

And hey, have to go down and get my rego when it gets a warrant.. fan bloody tastic.

4. Post
    torqued the head down on my corolla, only had one bolt that gave me any grief. Not bad for the 3rd time i've used the damn bolts, given theyre torque-to-yield and you're supposed to replace them each time....

plus got the cams refitted and timed up with the old cambelt. I'm dreading starting it up, when i first pulled it apart a month or so ago, i put all the parts very neatly under the car, wrapped in a towel, all in order, all the bearing shells, spring buckets, cams etc, all in the same order they came out in.

Then came home from work the next day to find my old man had shifted the car and all the parts, including the towel that had all the cam gear in it, and he'd just picked it up and chucked it in the boot. So much for the order they came out in

So here's hoping it doesn't grind like buggery and go bang when i start it up on Saturday.

5. Post
    You can use torque to yield bolts up to a max of three times in those Toyota s as far as i know.

But **** those bolt designs, honestly.
    Needs to stop telling GPOD when he masturbates.

6. Post
    car is currently with the mechanic getting its engine knock sorted out - was there all of today and they didn't know where it was coming from and engine is fairly pulled apart atm, here's hoping they fix it...

7. Post
    Dropped my car off to get a new windscreen put in. Now hopefully they don't find any rust or ill cry.

8. Post
    last night i brought the Supra into town to get fuel and bring it into town for the weekend

it was about 8.30pm and the roads were emptying out and i was stopped at the lights alone for a bit

a super happy bodykitted Celica 3SFE bollocks cart pulled up next to me

the flat peaking spastic of a driver looked the supra over and clearly not realising what it was said "the hell is that POS?"

he then valve bounced his car next to me like all the pro's do

by now i wasnt very impressed with some random rocking up and abusing the car for no reason - so i rev the car a wee bit

the BOV goes off as expected and the celica driver physicially jumped in his car, **** himself and stalled his car violently

oh look the light went green and i took off gently

he starts his car up and RACES past me to try and overcome the feeling of epic butthurt

oh look at that a Mufti Cop just put his Blues and two's on and hoons after the celica and knicks him

**** did i laugh my arse off - was en epic event

plus petrol had gone down 2c that day so that was the icing on the cake

9. Post
    Just got tyres stretched onto my new wheels and one is bent
    FML.

10. Post
    MAC_HATER wrote:
    last night i brought the Supra into town to get fuel and bring it into town for the weekend

it was about 8.30pm and the roads were emptying out and i was stopped at the lights alone for a bit

a super happy bodykitted Celica 3SFE bollocks cart pulled up next to me

the flat peaking spastic of a driver looked the supra over and clearly not realising what it was said "the hell is that POS?"

he then valve bounced his car next to me like all the pro's do

by now i wasnt very impressed with some random rocking up and abusing the car for no reason - so i rev the car a wee bit

the BOV goes off as expected and the celica driver physicially jumped in his car, **** himself and stalled his car violently

oh look the light went green and i took off gently

he starts his car up and RACES past me to try and overcome the feeling of epic butthurt

oh look at that a Mufti Cop just put his Blues and two's on and hoons after the celica and knicks him

**** did i laugh my arse off - was en epic event

plus petrol had gone down 2c that day so that was the icing on the cake
    Haha epic

I got my car back and still no clue what's wrong with it, but for the meanwhile it sounds like it's running better after I got the guys to do an oil change on it - let's see how long that lasts

Skrillz: Ouch, what size wheels/tyres?

11. Post
    4wd wrote:
    plus got the cams refitted and timed up with the old cambelt. I'm dreading starting it up, when i first pulled it apart a month or so ago, i put all the parts very neatly under the car, wrapped in a towel, all in order, all the bearing shells, spring buckets, cams etc, all in the same order they came out in.

So here's hoping it doesn't grind like buggery and go bang when i start it up on Saturday.
    Crank it by hand first!

12. Post
    incubus wrote:
    Skrillz: Ouch, what size wheels/tyres?
    16x9, it's all good now i've sussed it. The mounting face on that wheel is a bit iffy but not bent

13. Post
    Swapped the fuel pump on my daily to try and fix it. Spent three hours ****ing around troubleshooting. The ****ing piece of ****ing **** still doesn't want to work.
    ****s sake!

14. Post
    $200 later and I have a nice shiny windscreen + installed. Gotta love people who accept cash jobs

15. Post
    Kelso wrote:
    $200 later and I have a nice shiny windscreen + installed. Gotta love people who accept cash jobs
    don't make my mistake and replace your windscreen wipers too! damn those scratches

16. Post
    Put her on trademe.

Mr2 here I come??

17. Post
    did a linelock in the driveway with my daughter at the wheel .

18. Post
    Haha awesome

19. Post
    Washed her,
    Finally fixed the rear tail light that has had 1/2 dead bulbs for maybe 6months.
    Brought a oil filter/oil for a change tomorrow.
    Cleaned the interior and boot out.

Booked her in for the exhaust cert
    Also a "green sticker" removal warrant at VTNZ

Had a coby installed yesterday to reduce the noise (apparently the NZ govt doesn't appreciate a Toyota Soarer with a 3" straight thru turbo back exhaust custom built by the top blokes at Boosted Performance in Howick). Failled on 97.2db LOL.
    han16

20. Post
    jakkeh wrote:
    Put her on trademe.

Mr2 here I come??
    Good man.

21. Post
    Tried to figure out what was up with my sub, raged and gave up. Selling the car soon anyway.

22. Post
    Cleaning the bonnet up atm.

http://www.gpforums.co.nz/thread/376353/?s=

23. Post
    Started it, took a little vid of what it sounds like etc
    Might give it a wash soon, maybe do a little sanding.

24. Post
    Tried to fit a rear strut brace. Couldn't get last bolt off. Put all bolts back on and sat down here again...

25. Post
    removed engine, auto trans driveshaft and all. to make way for new engine hopfully somtime soon