What did you do to your car today?

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)

1. Post
    Put some new suspension in the car tonite, now sits heaps lower

2. Post
    booked the ****er in for A warrant

its timing is out by the tiniest fraction so runs a bit rough cold and teh ECU thinks the car is always running cold as we haven't found out how to wire it in the engine temp sensor to the computer yet and only half the dash is in place but by god its ready for a warrant!

unless the rear suspension caves in as its already "sacked" enough on the worn factory shocks

wish me luck LOL

the whole point of getting it a warrant is so i can top up the rego so i can drive the ****in thing so i can fix it - aint that a vicious cycle - cant rego it cause it aint warranted - cant warrant it cause it needs repairs - cant repair it unless you drive it to get it fixed - cant drive it cause it has no rego - and the cycle begins again

ahh the joys of converting a old Toyota to EFI

3. Post
    Good luck. Stay away from VTNZ

Today i serviced the old man's housebus/campervan-in-progress and pinched the radio as payment. If i get around to it i'll put a cubby in the gap.

Then swapped radios in my Escudo. I was getting real sick of listening to National Radio, pretty good to get FM again.

Got the bill from the auto sparkie. $460 might have to sell the damn thing to pay the bill.

4. Post
    4wd wrote:
    Good luck. Stay away from VTNZ
    oh yes im going to the local garage - good thing i live out in the sticks so the local garage is backwater enough to not give a **** about a old Toyota's as they seem em everyday but good enough to actually do a good reliable job within reason (ie they wont pass a genuinley ****ed car but arent anal about every tiny thing)

5. Post
    attempted to fix the factory bov on my legacy

will find out if that fixes my car tomorrow when i get some petrol and take it up a few hills around town

and washed the car again

6. Post
    My warrent expires in two days

7. Post
    Drilled and re-mounted the front number plate so that it doesnt hang infront of the grill. Gave the car a wash and armorall'd the interior. Still need to clean off the brakedust from the calipers and rims. But thats for a day that I can be bothered taking them off to clean them. Put in the mounts for the harness.

8. Post
    ****ing scraped the paint off the front bumper trying to ****ing get out of the garage cause Baffa left his POS in the way
    I gots married so dont really post as much anymore

9. Post
    Link G4 PLug n Play should be up and running this week.

10. Post
    car is getting its warrant check today

went in early this morning so i could get it nice and hot before sending it in as the timing being out causes it to run rough when cold (chek owt mah lumpy cam bro ehuhuhuhu)

heres hoping its got a current warrant when i go collect it tonight

11. Post
    Used a brick as a makeshift warm up choke

12. Post
    Phaxy wrote:
    ****ing scraped the paint off the front bumper trying to ****ing get out of the garage cause Baffa left his POS in the way
    Haha thats what you get for driving a Skyline.

**Ignores the fact that his own car gives him no power to diss other people

13. Post
    antil33t wrote:
    My warrent expires in two days
    Mine is in 5 and I have ALOT of rust to fix :\

14. Post
    Skilfil wrote:
    Haha thats what you get for driving a Skyline.

**Ignores the fact that his own car gives him no power to diss other people
    Just for that you're now repairing it , cheers
    I gots married so dont really post as much anymore

15. Post
    Phaxy wrote:
    Just for that you're now repairing it , cheers
    Well if you want take it down to my brothers job? I'll talk to him tonight. We have some plastic repair stuff thats absolutely amazing.

16. Post
    Mean, Got me a WoF today, car flew through, man asked if I'd had any suspention work done recently, He reckons quite a bit had been done also **** yeah. One less thing to worry about.

17. Post
    antil33t wrote:
    Mean, Got me a WoF today, car flew through, man asked if I'd had any suspention work done recently, He reckons quite a bit had been done also **** yeah. One less thing to worry about.
    cool now you can chop chop and come down here and fix the tail lights and the park lights on the corona as thats all it failed on

the rest of the car is apparently in brilliant condition

just the lights dont ****ing go in certain circumstances

i know how to fix it it just requires time

18. Post
    Thrashed it through some twisties.

19. Post
    New Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics all round.

Should (hopefully) pass a warrant now

20. Post
    changed my mind on engine choices for my tractor project. again.

anyone want to buy a 2L-T?

21. Post
    GroundControl wrote:
    New Goodyear Eagle F1 Asymmetrics all round.

Should (hopefully) pass a warrant now
    And now it does have a warrant

22. Post
    Aircon regas.

Mmmm cool.

23. Post
    Just got new 1166 brake pads for the front of Pierre, should be ready now to actually drive it hard at Hampton Downs on Monday rather than just nanna it around in a cloud of cheap malaysian brake smoke

24. Post
    swapped the tires front <-> back

made sure subi TT leggy gremlins are still gone

25. Post
    Did a skid. That is all.