Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

Are Hookah's sold in NZ?

Does anyone know if there are any places in New Zealand that sell Hookah's?

Been havin' a look around on TradeMe and been doin' a bit of Googlin', there's a guy on trademe that's selling charcoal for Shisha Hookah pipes, but I can't seem to find anyone actually selling Hookahs.

There are some overseas stores selling them, but according to Customs:

Hookah pipes, water pipes and smoking utensils

Smoking pipes such as those frequently referred to as hookahs, shisha, sheesha, arguileh, hubble-bubbles, Turkish, water pipes, bongs, and hash pipes are prohibited imports to New Zealand and will be subject to seizure upon arrival. These items, as well as roach clips with a pincer or tweezer action, are considered in New Zealand law to be cannabis and/or methamphetamine utensils and are therefore unlawful, irrespective of their end use.

2. Post
    lol

3. Post
    There are. Your best bet is a brick and mortar store.

I know you can get them online from wickedhabits.co.nz

here

4. Post

5. Post
    TripleHeXXX wrote:
    are considered in New Zealand law to be cannabis and/or methamphetamine utensils and are therefore unlawful, irrespective of their end use.
    wells87

6. Post
    I have no ****in' idea what they are, I'm sure that will help.

7. Post
    MX wrote:
    I have no ****in' idea what they are

8. Post
    Heh. Hookah pipes are generally the bane of an Officer's life.
    My ear canals are very sensitive. They're stainless steel. Took a bullet in Corregidor. Passed straight through.

9. Post
    Hookahs as in hookers, or more commonly as the shisha

10. Post
    attack_by_fire wrote:
    Hookahs as in hookers, or more commonly as the shisha
    I believe the OP made what kind of hookah he was after perfectly clear.
    wells87

11. Post
    Hookahs aren't for smooking cannabis or methamphetamine, so to class them as utensils for such makes no sense?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hookah

12. Post
    Dunno but there are hookah cafes in auckland if that helps.

13. Post
    Well at first I read the title and was like

and then I was like

14. Post
    TripleHeXXX wrote:
    Hookahs aren't for smooking cannabis or methamphetamine, so to class them as utensils for such makes no sense?

It's their operation that makes them illegal since they operate on the same basic principal as a bong.
    My ear canals are very sensitive. They're stainless steel. Took a bullet in Corregidor. Passed straight through.

15. Post
    TripleHeXXX wrote:

Men enjoy a hookah and each other in a Mali bar.
    LOLWUT

16. Post
    Hookahs are for smoking each other.

17. Post
    Stack Of Donuts wrote:

and then I was like

18. Post
    ^

LOLWTF..

19. Post
    TripleHeXXX wrote:

make a petition about it.
    wells87

20. Post
    The flavoured tobacco that some people use smells good. Find some kebab shop and offer them a price for theirs.

21. Post
    OP is right, I have a mate in California who uses a hookah to smoke tobacco.

No, I don't know of anywhere in NZ that sells a hookah but San Jewelry use to sell "bongs for tobacco use". I'm not sure if they still do.

22. Post
    Stack Of Donuts wrote:

and then I was like

23. Post
    hookah rules

24. Post
    I'll have a look at the site Marados linked to, that looks promising, I'm not really after a "bong" but a proper hookah with the hose and charcoal bowl and all.

25. Post
    Cosmic Corner and The Hemp Store sell hookahs, as well as various turkish cafes that have more traditional ones for sale.

/thread

Page 1 of 3 123 Last