1. Post
    Hnnnnrr so want, but never get beta invites
    John D. Rockefeller award for philanthropic wanks

2. Post
    Cloudywolf wrote:
    Not sure if people are just saying "May or may not have" because of the NDA or just to troll lol.
    They may or may not be

3. Post
    Info on microtransactions:

http://www.arena.net/blog/mike-obrie...n-guild-wars-2

"Gems" will be used to purchase microtransactions, these will include cosmetic things (armor dyes for example), time saving items (maybe extra xp for completing quests for example) and character services (additional character slots). No advantage based items will be sold: "it抯 never OK for players who spend money to have an unfair advantage over players who spend time.

"Gold" will be the standard currency that players obtain in the game. Players can convert gold into gems if they wish. Players can trade gold for gems with other players too.

Arenanet believes this will combat gold selling websites, in-game spam and account hacking by allowing players to trade gold and gems with eachother.

They've compared it to EVE Online's PLEX system

4. Post

5. Post
    well , if it is not obtainable ingame , then they are simply working on the individuals vanity or self esteem to induce them to spend cash. Time sink vs cash ..

6. Post
    Updated chart:

7. Post
    People are complaining about the gems being able to be turned into gold SO much. Jesus, it's like they have forgotten that it happened in GW1. I'm assuming there will be some time sink vanity items that require a lot of karma anyway.

I'm just happy we can get the Gems through in game gold.

8. Post
    Apparently if you're in the BETA you can get access to a new section of the GW website which includes new official forums? Might be up or not..

Anyway, it also gives access to the Cash Shop, so of course details were leaked, pictures taken. here you go:

9. Post
    More leaks

Cost of gems:

Trading gems and gold with other players:

Trading House:

10. Post
    BTW, anyone else concerned about some of these items? Mainly the loot bag and mystic key, but I guess we need more info on whats in them and what they do.

I've seen far worse cash shops in F2P games, so I suppose I couldnt be too dissapointed with what they're selling.

The items are also fairly pricey, so I couldn't see many people using stuff like ressurection orbs when it costs almost $5NZD for 1 use and cant be used any pvp or wvw.

11. Post
    Yeah they've almost taken it to blizzard level.
    I can only hope that there are at least some pvp exclusive reward items that you can't buy with cash.

12. Post
    Didn't see this post:

Facebook wrote:
    Okay guys, if you did not get a beta key by now, you will not be in the test this weekend. Thanks for being patient!
    ~RB2
    Grats to any GP'ers who got a key!

13. Post
    SirGrim wrote:
    BTW, anyone else concerned about some of these items? Mainly the loot bag and mystic key, but I guess we need more info on whats in them and what they do.

I've seen far worse cash shops in F2P games, so I suppose I couldnt be too dissapointed with what they're selling.

The items are also fairly pricey, so I couldn't see many people using stuff like ressurection orbs when it costs almost $5NZD for 1 use and cant be used any pvp or wvw.
    There was also a picture showing a bag with a random minipet in it. Why are you concerned about the mystic key? It sounds like they are quite important so I'm assuming you can buy them directly in game for gold as well. All of this stuff can be brought by trading gold for gems anyway though.

14. Post
    Zerulas wrote:
    Yeah they've almost taken it to blizzard level.
    I can only hope that there are at least some pvp exclusive reward items that you can't buy with cash.
    Nothing you can buy with real cash is going to give you an unfair advantage over other people.

Edit; within PvP & WvWvW ^^

15. Post
    Yeah that's pretty nice. Although with that said I'd still like to see a small selection of vanity items that have to be earned. Ie I'd like to see vanity items that show off proven skill or proven achievement, which is so much more satisfying than earning items that you could've just bought with cash.

16. Post
    Zerulas wrote:
    Yeah that's pretty nice. Although with that said I'd still like to see a small selection of vanity items that have to be earned. Ie I'd like to see vanity items that show off proven skill or proven achievement, which is so much more satisfying than earning items that you could've just bought with cash.

By playing the game you earn a 3rd currency called Karma. This currency cannot be traded with other players, but is traded for expensive items.

I think this is what you're looking for.

17. Post
    HAHA, well done Arenanet, this is what happens when you try to leak BETA footage, they've implemented this neat little watermark trick, check it out.

18. Post
    lol nice one arenanet

19. Post
    lol,nice move.

20. Post
    That's shit lol.

21. Post
    Nice, guess he can say goodbye to any more beta events

22. Post
    People have been streaming Apparently they get banned pretty quickly.

23. Post
    They deserve all they get. Gets to play a highly in demand for beta game, agrees to something (which at least on the surface is very trust based) that says they can't say anything about it, then posts content in defiance of that agreement/trust.

24. Post
    I've been reading up some information about the beta.

Apparently latency at least in the game's current build is an issue for Aus/NZ players

Apparently with 180ms ping to the server, there is some bad warping going on when you try and dodge enemies in pve and especially bad in pvp...

*crosses fingers for Oceanic servers*

25. Post
    ^ wouldn't worry yet. It's only early days.