Page 5 of 15 First ... 2345678 ... Last

1. Thumbs up
    Highwater is mine favorite documentary movie.

2. Post
    Champion
    Danny Trejo's story
    http://www.imdb.com/find?s=all&q=champion

The Cocount revolution
    Bougainville's revoltion against PNG and Australia
    http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0479000/

3. Post
    Just caught Planet Earth. That is one awesome documentary

4. Post
    Peterbigeyes wrote:
    Just caught Planet Earth. That is one awesome documentary
    Most video stores rent it out for a $1.00 for 8 days.

5. Post
    Jopsy wrote:
    Thought I'd add this to the collection: Highly recommend for anyone who is interested in Street Art especially; an easy 8.5/10.

Exit Thru the Gift Shop

Yeah, I liked this.
    Spoiler:
    It's an obvious hoax btw. A mockumentary as it were.

6. Post
    Boxing Gym
    Jackass 3-D
    I Want Your Money
    I'm Still Here
    Racing Dreams

All these movies are mine top favorite Documentaries.

7. Post
    Man on wire

8. Post
    Cocaine Cowboys 1 and 2 - Cocaine in Miami
    Oh my God - Guy goes around the world asking the question 'what is God'
    Planet B-Boy - Break dancing
    Rize - Krumping
    Pumping Iron - Docu/drama following Arnie as he goees for mr universe/olypia for the last time

Also Louis Theroux has a lot of good docos like the city addicted to crystal meth

9. Post
    My favorite Documentaries :-
    Deadliest catch
    Behind the Music
    Ghost Hunters
    MythBusters

10. Post
    Almost forgot, 'Four hours in Mai Lai' you can watch it on youtube, its a doco on the Mai Lai massacre worst war crime committed in US military history has interviews from both sides: Vietnamese who survived and American troops who took part.

Must watch imo.

11. Post
    There have been bigger war crimes committed by Americans. Thanks for the recommendation though. May have to check it out.

EDIT: Great doco.

12. Post
    I know it's old and popular, but just got round to watching The King of Kong. Great documentary, in August this year, Steve Weibe retook the highest score AGAIN! in Donkey Kong~! Go Stevy!

13. Post

14. Post
    JFK 3 Shots That Changed America P1 - trailer:
    No narration just all raw footage as in if you were alive and watching tv then this is what you get.

15. Post
    pretty gobsmacked that "dear zachary" hasn't been mentioned in this thread. one of the most emotionally draining documentaries to have come out in recent years.. cried like a little bitch watching this

16. Post
    American: The Bill Hicks Story

dont like his stand up but bill hicks is a boss

17. Post
    Ataxia wrote:
    pretty gobsmacked that "dear zachary" hasn't been mentioned in this thread. one of the most emotionally draining documentaries to have come out in recent years.. cried like a little bitch watching this
    I try to mention it in every doco thread

Great documentary.

18. Post
    Ah man, just watched Dear Zachary, one of the most emotional docos ive seen

19. Post
    Jopsy wrote:
    I know it's old and popular, but just got round to watching The King of Kong.
    Yeah, i gotta get around to watching that too.

TBH they should make a documentary on Korean gamers around the world 'cause they're good. NIN and alikes

20. Post
    Slaves of the Cyberworld - shows the rough, dirty truth of the state of gold-farming and other such practices that the company IGE bases itself upon. A good, albeit brief, doco where we see the real state of their (the farmers) living and IGE's ignorance over the conditions.

It's on Youtube in two parts. Unable to link while at work sorry.

21. Post
    Eclectic Gamester wrote:
    Yeah, i gotta get around to watching that too.

TBH they should make a documentary on Korean gamers around the world 'cause they're good. NIN and alikes
    There are a few already bro, check this one out if you haven't already, it's a short 4 part Doco about Korean professional Starcraft/Warcraft III gamers/industry:

22. Post
    Enron: The Smartest Guys in the Room & One day in September would be my fav

Also I thought startup.com was a really interesting topic, but unfortunately not very well done.

23. Post
    yeah, that Enron doco is great.

24. Post
    Stanley Kubrick's Boxes
    A few years after his death, the widow of Stanley Kubrick (1928-1999) asks Jon Ronson to look through the contents of about 1,000 boxes of meticulously sorted materials Kubrick left. Ronson finds that most contain materials reflecting work Kubrick did after the release of "Barry Lindon " in 1975, when Kubrick's film output slowed down. Ronson finds audition tapes for "Full Metal Jacket," photographs to find the right hat for "Clockwork Orange" or the right doorway for "Eyes Wide Shut" -- thousands of details that went into Kubrick's meticulous approach. Ransom believes that the boxes show "the rhythm of genius." Interviews with family, staff, and friends are included.
    http://former.imdb.com/title/tt1263704/

25. Post
    ^Oh wow, they did a doco of that? I remember reading an interesting article in The Guardian about this a while ago.

edit: here: http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2004/...atures.weekend

Page 5 of 15 First ... 2345678 ... Last