What are you working on today?

Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
(9 votes)

1. Post
    Alright, so out of 38,000 German postcodes, we've matched all but 1200 of them to a German location known about by our geo-ip database. However, one of the 1200 not matched happens to be a town of 70,000 people.

2. Post
    Uni assignments in SQL and Web development
    - Database crap using T-SQL (god I hate it)
    - Developing a website (just HTML and CSS- not creating any web apps for this one so pretty simple)

3. Post
    Feeling awesome at the moment. Managed to squash the traditional CSS bug that was screwing up my sidebar and it now renders properly (in Chrome, at least).

Quite pleased with myself.

Here's a preview of it, if you want to engage in nostaliga goodness.

4. Post
    Wrote a new html email template for use in a www.campaignmonitor.com account for a client

Lack of html/css standards support across email clients is freaking horrible/nasty.
    http://www.email-standards.org/
    www.campaignmonitor.com/css

You basically end up having to use to use fixed width tables for layout.. ew. Outlook 2007 doesn't support margin or or padding, I mean seriously!

Reminded me of the 90's in a bad way.

5. Post
    Profiling our game on PS3. I found two different things that took 1 to 2 milliseconds each and were largely not doing anything noticeable. Optimisation by wholesale commenting out of code

6. Post
    Ragnor wrote:
    Wrote a new html email template for use in a www.campaignmonitor.com account for a client

Lack of html/css standards support across email clients is freaking horrible/nasty.
    http://www.email-standards.org/
    www.campaignmonitor.com/css

You basically end up having to use to use fixed width tables for layout.. ew. Outlook 2007 doesn't support margin or or padding, I mean seriously!

Reminded me of the 90's in a bad way.
    Yeah you pretty much can't use CSS (apart from the occasional inline style="" with only the most basic properties) in email.

Outlook is a ****ing terrible piece of software.

7. Post
    Did some more tinkering on my template. Changed page navigation, cleaned up the code so that it validates and created a proper search results page.

Just finished making a twitter background for the new site as well.

Edit: Added both Facebook 'Like' & Twitter 'Tweet' buttons and installed a banner-ad plugin. It's coming along nicely.

8. Post
    porges wrote:
    Have you thought about using Microsoft's XNA? It's very easy to get into for doing simple 3D
    Haven't really looked into it in great detail this time, but I've got some future ideas that I'll probably use XNA for; It's probably not worth it for this project as the code is all there for the 3D now (even if it is 90% boilerplate).

Also isn't XNA .NET based? How difficult is it to make a DLL in .NET that can be called up by a Win32 app? (Winamp plugins are Win32 DLLs)
    Relearning C# would be a good project though. Not used it since the days of C# 2.0..

9. Post
    Re-writing my CMS project from scratch, to take into account some new stuff I've learned, and to allow multi-site support.

10. Post
    More template tinkering...cleaned up the CSS, converted header image to h1, enabled custom author avatars and rechecked the XHTML/CSS. Should be getting ownership of its associated Twitter account later today.

In all honesty, I'm proud with how this port came out.

11. Post
    Egor wrote:
    Yeah you pretty much can't use CSS (apart from the occasional inline style="" with only the most basic properties) in email.

Outlook is a ****ing terrible piece of software.
    I'm told that they're using Word's HTML 'rendering engine' to render HTML emails.

12. Post
    Yep

13. Post
    Saved another couple of milliseconds a frame by doing positional audio updates in parallel.

14. Post
    Ehehehe, got to name a branch DEV-UsherGoat after this:
    http://youtubedoubler.com/?video1=0v...Ann+O%27Nymous

15. Post
    My webhost is giving away 25gig/month on a CDN for a year, so I'm reading up on how to use it.

16. Post
    creating a workaround to something in ie6 :mad:

17. Post
    Doing a pro bono job for a local political party. zzz.

18. Post
    Young Nationals?

19. Post
    Trying to fix my buggy javascript

20. Post
    Having wicked fun learning about ajax, jquery makes it a lot easier of course but still picking up a lot of nifty tricks. Have implemented a neat ajax-esq image uploader. Correct me if I'm wrong (please), but there's no "proper" way to do ajax file uploads using JavaScript is there? At the moment I'm doing a bit of trickery with a hidden iframe and JavaScript to get it to appear to the user as though it's purely JavaScript.

21. Post
    Edward Diego wrote:
    Young Nationals?
    Oh hell no. It's a Dunedin local body organisation that actually wants to get rid of our stupid, ridiculous overspending ethos.

22. Post
    Random boring bugfixes and features as is the norm.
    Started trying out JIRA Client today. Mainly want it for the time tracking stuff. We've been using JIRA for the last couple of months now and I wanted a better way of logging my time on tickets (part of our KPI's) and todays usage of it seems to be pretty good so far!

23. Post
    ShaunO : )~ wrote:
    Random boring bugfixes and features as is the norm.
    Started trying out JIRA Client today. Mainly want it for the time tracking stuff. We've been using JIRA for the last couple of months now and I wanted a better way of logging my time on tickets (part of our KPI's) and todays usage of it seems to be pretty good so far!
    Mate, after I saw Youtrack I went totally off JIRA.

Today - refactoring a web service. Brain, losing, battle, against, sleep.

24. Post
    I've spent this week on a WPF project with an urgent due date that was way behind schedule. 80 week

25. Post
    Reading up on virtual hosts under apache.