What are you working on today?

Thread Rating: 9 votes, 5.00 average.
(9 votes)
Results 6,076 to 6,078 of 6078

1. Post
    WinForms is like Swing. Avoid.

2. Post
    My wife is complaining that they just had a nightmare merge using SVN. They merged two branches in to a new branch and it looks like not all the changes from one of the branches made it in. Everything kept "working" but changes weren't in the new branch. They aren't sure if it was user error or if SVN automatically accepted remote changes or something.

She has pushed to change to git heaps. This company though... unit testing, continuous integration, DVCS. Nope.. too much work.

Her dad has lately been asking me questions about whether TDD and integration testing is justified. He is a higher-up with an engineering background and thinks these teams are taking too long to produce 'simple' embedded software (due to a 'duplication of effort' on the testing front). I'm like, welp, I'm a web developer, we can just fix it if it goes wrong in production. Also our product is pure software so we are far more justified in sinking a lot more money into a sustainable codebase backed up by CI and heavier testing methods. I have no idea what's appropriate for embedded.

3. Post
    BeefyBurgers wrote:
    My wife is complaining that they just had a nightmare merge using SVN. They merged two branches in to a new branch and it looks like not all the changes from one of the branches made it in. Everything kept "working" but changes weren't in the new branch. They aren't sure if it was user error or if SVN automatically accepted remote changes or something.

She has pushed to change to git heaps. This company though... unit testing, continuous integration, DVCS. Nope.. too much work.

Her dad has lately been asking me questions about whether TDD and integration testing is justified. He is a higher-up with an engineering background and thinks these teams are taking too long to produce 'simple' embedded software (due to a 'duplication of effort' on the testing front). I'm like, welp, I'm a web developer, we can just fix it if it goes wrong in production. Also our product is pure software so we are far more justified in sinking a lot more money into a sustainable codebase backed up by CI and heavier testing methods. I have no idea what's appropriate for embedded.
    I wonder if her dad works with my dad, who is asking me the exact same questions for embedded systems...