1. Post
    ive been with them in the past and ive only had good speeds,only gribe is there crap help desk

2. Post
    yeah everything on utorrent is working network fine etc.. The speeds as you can see are very bad for me.. I have tried several torrents still the same thing. but actually when I started the first torrent speeds were better at 50ish kbps but now it's worse. :\

Attached Images

3. Post
    Those speeds are almost identical to what I get on non-cached torrents.

4. Post
    I see.. true.. guess that's what i'm looking at. cheers for that

5. Post
    You guys get those speeds on private trackers aswell?.

6. Post
    Yes. that was a private tracker. Getting **** speeds on it as well as mostly everything else on the net too.

7. Post
    I get around that on the two private trackers I tried, slightly less on the public torrents I use (but they're a different "kettle of fish" anyway)

8. Post
    JiveTonto wrote:
    ive been with them in the past and ive only had good speeds,only gribe is there crap help desk
    Helpdesk is ****in' horrible...I wouldn't blame the guys/girls sitting on the help desk, it's the lack of training combined with the lack of facilities/authority and the amount of restrictions placed on them which inhibits their ability to provide you with anything other than horribly **** customer service.

9. Post

10. Post
    Wow nice ^

11. Post
    ^ lol you sure you on ss bro? I can't even get that sorta speed on normal plan

12. Post
    Usually i can hit up to 1.7 MB/s on Torrents.

13. Post
    *pissing contest*

14. Post
    so has downloading speeds gotten better or no?

http and torrent speeds that is..

I'll be happy with 50-100KB/s minimum..

15. Post
    its allways been liek this for us chosen few hehe,my epen ant as big tho >.<

16. Post
    russianguy192 wrote:
    so has downloading speeds gotten better or no?
    FYI cencsor and raab aren't on Slingshot connections...

17. Post
    tehyitz wrote:
    FYI cencsor and raab aren't on Slingshot connections...
    I thought so, but I was still curious whether download speeds have gotten better on torrents and http (HF,MU,RS).

18. Post
    Nice raab. Great effort, A+

19. Post
    would trade with again

20. Post
    I'll just leave this here...

Ninjas.co.nz .... a leeter place.

Slow torrent ...but I cbf finding a faster one .. or stacking a bunch

HTTP download from there = No bandwidth constraints no upload/download ratios to worry about on your home connxn....

Spend the money. Its worth it.

21. Post
    Where's your seedbox hosted, bites?

22. Post
    ^BITES^ wrote:

Spend the money. Its worth it.
    Not worth it when my connection is free anyway.

23. Post
    L@mer|2 wrote:
    Where's your seedbox hosted, bites?
    Looks to be in the US.
    Bites wouldn't Slingshots shaping hardware see this as bulk downloading when you download files from the box and throttle it?

24. Post
    Lorenceo wrote:
    Looks to be in the US.
    Bites wouldn't Slingshots shaping hardware see this as bulk downloading when you download files from the box and throttle it?
    HTTP download, same would be true for drivers ... windows updates .. all sorts of **** .. so they can't REALLY do that without causing more issues, other than host limiting.

Most if not all classifications work on a filtering system (especially cisco ones).
    EG (super simplistic.... dont use in a technical conversation!), todays theme will be nazi germany.

HTTP Download:
    Are you HTTP? NEIN!!!
    Are you Voip? NEIN!!!
    Are you HTTP Download? YUSSAR!!!
    HTTP Download!
    K well your fine---> Shoom to the web with you!
    Check, are you being sneakink! Hidink the traffic in Ze https?!? NEIN!!! Upload volumes/hosts are normal!
    Carry on nothing to see here....

Bittorrent:
    Are you HTTP? NEIN!!
    Are you Voip? NEIN!!!
    Are you HTTP Download? NEIN!!!
    Sod off whore!!
    K shapink for joo... ---> amble to the internet...

Dodgey **** on HTTP Download:
    Are you HTTP? NEIN!!!
    Are you Voip? NEIN!!!
    Are you HTTP Download? YUSSAR!!!
    HTTP Download!
    K well your fine---> Shoom to the web with you!
    Check, are you being sneakink! Hidink the traffic in Ze https?!? YUS!!! I see random uploads to random places!!!
    YOU SNEAKY POM! TO ZEE BRINK!!!
    K shapink for joo... ---> amble to the internet...

Http downloads are VERY different from Filesharing, and theres no such thing as foolproof learning but it is a good method for blocking the bulk of it.
    Now if they added in my IP or range ... sure it would be shaped (and probably is but I don't care I get line rate 24/7).

I'm not going to list my hoster, but if you PM me nicely I can give advice on some.
    I'm not a complete numpty :P

25. Post
    russianguy192 wrote:
    I thought so, but I was still curious whether download speeds have gotten better on torrents and http (HF,MU,RS).
    not wanting to be rude or interrupt anyone, but can someone please answer my question above ^