Slingshot ALL YOU CAN EAT PLAN

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)

1. Post
    strange but im getting 600-700kbps from hotfile atm.

anyways i signed up with orcon so im leavin soon. ss is the worst experience iv had with any isp.

anyone left the ayce plan without paying the fee? help me out if so?

2. Post
    getting 50-100kb/s constantly during peak with torrents.

lower pings than telecom ( wasnt expecting that ) 54ms to Aus ( with slingshot ). 60ms on telecom, 120-280ms+ on worldnet

Steam around 400kb/s

Seems decent enough for an unlimited plan.

Not as fast as big time, but its better than worldnets unlimited or being capped.

3. Post
    mahdibassam wrote:
    strange but im getting 600-700kbps from hotfile atm.

anyways i signed up with orcon so im leavin soon. ss is the worst experience iv had with any isp.

anyone left the ayce plan without paying the fee? help me out if so?
    3:17pm ... peak it is not.

Also peeps saying "WOAH SPEEDS AWESOME SAUCE" really need to post the peer details ... I'm curious to see if "WAOAH SPEEDS AWESOME SAUCE" actually means "WOAH CACHE AWESOME"

4. Post
    I don't know how to post my peer details dear Bites

5. Post
    RoCkw!LDeR* wrote:
    I don't know how to post my peer details dear Bites

6. Post
    ^BITES^ wrote:
    3:17pm ... peak it is not.

Also peeps saying "WOAH SPEEDS AWESOME SAUCE" really need to post the peer details ... I'm curious to see if "WAOAH SPEEDS AWESOME SAUCE" actually means "WOAH CACHE AWESOME"

Wasnt connected to any slingshot caches, and I was referring to "peak" as ISPs generally do with their bandwidth management * ie 8am-2am ( may vary ) is generally considered the peak time for internet users.
    Not peak, as in the utmost internet utilised time of the day.

Getting up to 180kb/s on torrents. Connected to slingshot cache this time for one of the downloads.

In summary , I think the speeds for FTP, P2P , gaming and browsing are good.
    Yes, big time was faster with up to 720kb/s on our line, but 400-500kb/s is plenty fast enough for our family, we cant get adsl2+ out here, so im getting the most of ADSL1, considering its unlimited.

I think the performance is good for an unlimted plan. Exceeding my expectations after the "worldnet experience" ( ) anyway.

7. Post
    What about national peers?

I doubt Slingshot have any "off-peak" times, they seem to offer plans that generate traffic profiles to flat line their bandwidth 24/7. If anything the overnight period 2am - 8am is more like peak time.

I guess this is actually a huge change for you, since during the period you were on Big Time you didn't actually experience its traffic management.

8. Post
    tehyitz wrote:
    What about national peers?

I doubt Slingshot have any "off-peak" times, they seem to offer plans that generate traffic profiles to flat line their bandwidth 24/7. If anything the overnight period 2am - 8am is more like peak time.

I guess this is actually a huge change for you, since during the period you were on Big Time you didn't actually experience its traffic management.
    All ISPs have peaks and troughs ... things like "free data periods" etc are evident that they do since this is used to fill out those areas where they are "losing" (eg not fully utilizing) money.

crusader142 wrote:
    Wasnt connected to any slingshot caches, and I was referring to "peak" as ISPs generally do with their bandwidth management * ie 8am-2am ( may vary ) is generally considered the peak time for internet users.
    Not peak, as in the utmost internet utilised time of the day.
    What ... the **** ... are you smoking?

Peak time is 8am-2am? ...Wut? No ... no its not. No clue where you made that number up, but from all the ISP's I've worked for thats not the case at all.

MOST ISP's will see the curve increase around 10am, spiking higher at around 3-4pm, when the "peak" actually starts, and goes till around 1am (Assuming no "cap free times").
    This is also the reason companies like CP/SS/Telecom offset the loss of not being capped/fully using their international circuits is by having buisness customers. Which in the scheme of things are light weight really.

9. Post
    **** yeah! been like this all weekend can't get through to helpdesk and have tried a couple of different routers.

W. T. F.

10. Post
    can I get an update on this plan?

11. Post
    ^BITES^ wrote:
    What ... the **** ... are you smoking?

Peak time is 8am-2am? ...Wut? No ... no its not. No clue where you made that number up, but from all the ISP's I've worked for thats not the case at all.

MOST ISP's will see the curve increase around 10am, spiking higher at around 3-4pm, when the "peak" actually starts, and goes till around 1am (Assuming no "cap free times").
    This is also the reason companies like CP/SS/Telecom offset the loss of not being capped/fully using their international circuits is by having buisness customers. Which in the scheme of things are light weight really.

I dont smoke.

I just look at my speeds & the peers list & post here.

Simple isnt it.

12. Post
    hmm this plan sounds promising; so gaming is fine; low pings, etc??

13. Post
    POCOLOCO wrote:
    hmm this plan sounds promising
    Err, what?

14. Post
    crusader142 wrote:
    I dont smoke.

I just look at my speeds & the peers list & post here.

Simple isnt it.
    If you did that .. then you could post the detail here.

Yes ... you are simple.

15. Post
    cencsor wrote:
    Err, what?
    what's not to get O_o It looks good, I just want to clarify that the latency is OK for gaming - unless crusader is fudging the numbers

16. Post
    POCOLOCO wrote:
    hmm this plan sounds promising; so gaming is fine; low pings, etc??
    Lolwat?

Maybe I'm just having a ****ty run, but it's been **** ever since the 2nd day.

17. Post
    Malks wrote:
    can I get an update on this plan?
    Gaming is good. Most downloads still suck. They've started throttling my Youtube recently as well, might have to give them a call about it. 30kb/s streaming is not ok :/

18. Post
    POCOLOCO wrote:
    what's not to get O_o It looks good, I just want to clarify that the latency is OK for gaming - unless crusader is fudging the numbers
    100% honesty.

Utorrent speeds *up to* 70kb/s ( avg 20-30kb/s ) for non cached.
    speeds up to 230kb/s for cached.

** these are the speeds as I last see them. Im not awake to see what it goes like late at night / early morning.

I have downloaded 33. something gb in 4 & a bit nights from Wednesday. ( not counting the ones at 23% & under currently , too annoying to calculate ).
    With worldnet we managed 60gb in a month.

I see people not happy with Slingshot service, but I think that its doing fine. Definitely eating all I want. ( Within reason. Have no intentions of doing 1tb+ in a month... )

Many of my uncached torrents are from Demanoid so perhaps that counts for increased speed.

19. Post
    crusader142 wrote:
    100% honesty.

Utorrent speeds *up to* 70kb/s ( avg 20-30kb/s ) for non cached.
    speeds up to 230kb/s for cached.
    I'd kill for something above 11 tbh.

20. Post
    (intl)Torrent speed <9kb
    (intl)Web download ~10k/b
    (intl)Games - unplayable.

Speedtest to Auckland - 4.1Mb, 31ms ping.

Awesome. Or at least it would be if the entire internet was hosted locally.

21. Post
    Currently downloading a friends track off soundcloud at 4.5kb/s.

I may seem like I'm bitching a lot, but it's just getting worse and worse by the day.

22. Post
    Worst wrote:
    (intl)Torrent speed <9kb
    (intl)Web download ~10k/b
    (intl)Games - unplayable.

Speedtest to Auckland - 4.1Mb, 31ms ping.

Awesome. Or at least it would be if the entire internet was hosted locally.
    Nah my peer list is currently full of NZ IPs but it's still ****. It only speeds up when the cache IP kicks in.

23. Post
    I'm looking at ditching Orcon in the near future (alright, they're not *bad*, but for the price I'd expect better youtube speeds and consistent HTTP speeds - I'm getting neither. Usenet is good though)

I'm tossing up between Snap and Slingshot as both offer non-peak 'AYCE' nights (even though with snap you have to pay for it seperately).

My primary download medium is nntp - is it any good on Slingshot? I see people are getting below average speeds on the AYCE plan, but what about the regular plans? Still slow as ****?

I primary use the net for gaming, downloading tv shows, streaming and connecting to work via citrix (I do this quite a lot).

At this stage I'm leaning towards Snap even though they are more expensive, but feedback seems better. Is anyone running Usenet on either of these ISP's?

24. Post
    Wally Simmonds wrote:
    My primary download medium is nntp - is it any good on Slingshot? I see people are getting below average speeds on the AYCE plan, but what about the regular plans? Still slow as ****?
    No. -. Yes.

25. Post
    Currently getting 112kb/s total from 4 torrents. All HD videos , no slingshot bitcomet caches.

Im connected to some auzzies though, who are giving some decent upload.

123.2.153.11 is a good auzzie seeder