Slingshot ALL YOU CAN EAT PLAN

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)
Page 1 of 136 12341151101 ... Last

1. Post
    Been confirmed this morning im the very first customer to be connected over to the ALL YOU CAN EAT Plan with slingshot did a speed test ill give it another 3mths till you can really see the results

Tested my rapidshare currently downloading @ 1.2mbps motoring through it before i guess it gets congested ideally like to see it with all 10,000 slingshot Users signed up.

Attached Images

2. Post
    1.2mbps?

Either slingshot's capping system is failing or rapidshare isn't recognised as P2P, which is just lol. hello new bigtime enjoy your garbage dump guiz

3. Post
    is it 1.2mbps or 1.2MBps?

4. Post
    russianguy192 wrote:
    is it 1.2mbps or 1.2MBps?
    i wouldn't get past first base with megabits on Rapids , but yes i meant MBytes 1.2MBps.

5. Post
    Interesting, will be keen to see what the service is like in 6 months

6. Post
    Yep will be keen to see the overall performance of the plan as the allocations for their five classes of traffic fill up in the coming weeks.

7. Post
    - Can you test and tell us how Rapidshare is between 5pm and 10pm
    - How fast torrents are during peak hours
    - How fast is downloading from sites like Microsoft, NVIDIA, ATI
    - How fast do youtube videos load during peak hours?

8. Post
    jfellet wrote:
    - Can you test and tell us how Rapidshare is between 5pm and 10pm
    - How fast torrents are during peak hours
    - How fast is downloading from sites like Microsoft, NVIDIA, ATI
    - How fast do youtube videos load during peak hours?
    This is what im getting with Torrents as we speak will test the others tommorrow

Attached Images

9. Post
    I'd imagine
    #2 and #4 would depend on the own caching systems.
    #3 Slingshot have their own Akamai server deployment unlike WorldNet

Slingshot have stated national sources are first priority and may not be managed, WorldNet appear to manage all sources of traffic?. Akamai have multiple public clusters at the APE: CallPlus and Vocus so they should be accessible.

10. Post
    Yeah Slingshot only seem to traffic manage content that is international or on networks they don't peer to. It's common to see the cache in your peer list providing near your max line speed, when downloading popular torrents, even in peak times.

11. Post
    Hopefully they are using prioritization for rapidshare and don't just have a set XXX mbps cap on http downloads, otherwise it will be super fast until a point, then it will just turn to crap.

I think this is going to get VERY interesting, given what a hard job Telecom had managing traffic. Here's to hoping that SS have the necessary kit to manage this properly.

12. Post
    Well at least they aren't going to lump all HTTP into one category (web browsing would time out) like what was done with Go Large/Big Time before the change on October 2009 (I still maintain GL/BT were never two different plans at any point in time in terms of int'l traffic management i.e. no new kit, they just re-configured it )

I think they are prepared in terms of traffic management kit, but good luck to them once they bear the brunt of all 10,000 leechers

13. Post
    if you guys can post up some gaming latency results and if you can get interleaving turned off successfully i might just be interested in joining.

14. Post
    I have a vps in germany, pm me if you want to test it out(private tracker)

15. Post
    Someone should graph this plan to see how far it goes down the drain. Perhaps that speedtest program someone on here made could be modded with a slingshot specific version or something.

Every week, take two speedtests, one at peak time and one during a non peak time (by this i dont mean during their 1-7am leech period, i mean when less people are using the internet).
    Test perhaps national, australia and USA connections, and latency too. Will be interesting to see how long it takes before its unusable.

16. Post
    well of course you'll be getting speeds like that as your the first few customers who have been connected.
    need to wait a while as more people join too see how this will go.

like the idea of a graph to show how the performance degrades or improves over time as more people join.

17. Post
    damn_u wrote:
    well of course you'll be getting speeds like that as your the first few customers who have been connected.
    need to wait a while as more people join too see how this will go.

like the idea of a graph to show how the performance degrades or improves over time as more people join.

18. Post
    eXDee wrote:
    Someone should graph this plan to see how far it goes down the drain. Perhaps that speedtest program someone on here made could be modded with a slingshot specific version or something.

Every week, take two speedtests, one at peak time and one during a non peak time (by this i dont mean during their 1-7am leech period, i mean when less people are using the internet).
    Test perhaps national, australia and USA connections, and latency too. Will be interesting to see how long it takes before its unusable.
    Nice in theory, cept I used to bodge those things to look good ... same as pings ... and cake... its a lie

19. Post
    lol. love you bites.
    lets wait a month and see how the plans going.

20. Post
    Malks wrote:
    lol. love you bites.
    lets wait a month and see how the plans going.
    :P My fav was when someone would report one going slow/test ****.

/tweak.

"Try now?"
    Omg you fixed it AMAZING! ... lol

Liiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiiies for idjits who need numbers to make themselves feel ok ...
    Unfortunately this is a cause and effect situation, this forum is a perfect example:
    Can you post BLAH BLAH speed test ... on your BLAH BLAH line.
    "OMG THATS AWESOME"
    Signs up .... posts here shortly after.
    Marketting/Management say "MAKE IT LOOK GUUD" ..

Real downloaders know the digits are in the uncached data .. speed tests are just useless reports.

21. Post
    indeed, all that matters is that I max my line speed to linux iso's on my ovh box

22. Post
    lawl on slingshot forum

http://forum.slingshot.co.nz/viewtop...2a0dc&start=15

All You Can Eat Review

--

Now I'm getting 2kBps from that site...

--

This was at 10.20pm at night? an already slow speeds.....

all you can eat = big time

23. Post
    10:16PM

Was over 10x faster at 10:30PM

24. Post
    lol, all you can eat*

*through a cocktail straw

25. Post
    raab wrote:
    lol, all you can eat*

*through a cocktail straw
    ahahaha