Slingshot ALL YOU CAN EAT PLAN

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)

1. Post
    zippy wrote:
    have you tried converting the URL's to ip?

wat difference wud that make?

2. Post
    With regards to rapidshare for example, ISPs only tend to throttle a download if the url has rapidshare.com in it. By converting the link to an ip the ISP won't know its a rapidshare link and (hopefully) won't know that they should be throttling you downloading the file. So you'll get it coming down at full speed.

It worked perfectly on Big Time, not sure if it will work for you guys on Slingshot though

3. Post
    Aim 4 My Head wrote:
    With regards to rapidshare for example, ISPs only tend to throttle a download if the url has rapidshare.com in it. By converting the link to an ip the ISP won't know its a rapidshare link and (hopefully) won't know that they should be throttling you downloading the file. So you'll get it coming down at full speed.

It worked perfectly on Big Time, not sure if it will work for you guys on Slingshot though

oh that would be awesome!!! has anyone tried that? i will be connected to AYCE tomorrrow.

4. Post
    Surely someone would've tried that by now if it did work.

As Bites has said, Slingshot have a decent DPI system and they do make use of it for their prioritisation and it'll be more sophisticated than looking at HTTP headers.

It only worked for Big Time because that's how Telecom implemented their traffic management for the plan - you don't even need DPI to look into HTTP headers, all ISPs have switches that can forward data based on layer 7 headers.

5. Post
    It does make an improvement, but by so little that it's often not worth the hassle.

6. Post
    been on slingshot AYCE for over a week now and done 300gig+ worth of traffic

cheers

awesome plan
    Chaos, Disorder, Mayhem .... My work here is done

7. Post
    99% chance ill be signing up with them.

Whats gaming pings like vs telecom ?

Any increase or are they the same ?

8. Post
    -PH33R- wrote:

cheers

awesome plan
    Awesome plan cause you know how to get round it

while everyone else is downloading at crappy speeds..

maybe show some screenshots of your data usage to prove you have done 300GB this time?

Jeez to be honest even after Big Time ended i thought you would of finished downloading the internet, i only managed to do 1.6TB myself over a year period, and after 1TB i pretty much ran out of stuff to download.

9. Post
    russianguy192 wrote:
    Awesome plan cause you know how to get round it

while everyone else is downloading at crappy speeds..

maybe show some screenshots of your data usage to prove you have done 300GB this time?

Jeez to be honest even after Big Time ended i thought you would of finished downloading the internet, i only managed to do 1.6TB myself over a year period, and after 1TB i pretty much ran out of stuff to download.

why does he have to prove it?!!!! this plan is made for this much download!!!! The whole Purpose of AYCE is to download as much as you want.

10. Post
    mahdibassam wrote:
    why does he have to prove it?!!!! this plan is made for this much download!!!! The whole Purpose of AYCE is to download as much as you want.

Wow you sir are an idiot, i was asking him if he could kindly show us a screenshot of his usage, other than just talking bollocks out of his arse.

I wasn't asking him to rightly justify why hes downloading 300GB a week did I?

11. Post
    -PH33R- wrote:

cheers

awesome plan

is this mainly all national traffic ? can download at line speed as its not throttled nationally

12. Post
    russianguy192 wrote:

Wow you sir are an idiot, i was asking him if he could kindly show us a screenshot of his usage, other than just talking bollocks out of his arse.

I wasn't asking him to rightly justify why hes downloading 300GB a week did I?

"maybe show some screenshots of your data usage TO PROVE YOU HAVE DONE 300GB this time?" um even tho english is my second language i dont think you where asking him to KINDLY show us a screenshot!!!

and why dont you calm the fu** down mate? take it easy .

13. Post
    mahdibassam wrote:
    "maybe show some screenshots of your data usage TO PROVE YOU HAVE DONE 300GB this time?" um even tho english is my second language i dont think you where asking him to KINDLY show us a screenshot!!!

and why dont you calm the fu** down mate? take it easy .
    I am calm , and yes english is my second as well, maybe if you actually took the time to read what i actually said other than quickly coming onto assumptions that you believe as if I was demanding him to show me a screenshot, I really wasn't, but its always nice to prove yourself to others that you aren't just talking bollocks for the sake of it.

I think you are the one who needs a chill pill, you didn't understand my post, read it again.

14. Post
    Settle ladies.

15. Post
    crusader142 wrote:

Pings are really bad! and slow! For the majority of all slingshot plan users right now.

16. Post
    crusader142 wrote:

I averaged 50-70 ping to NZ servers on BigTime.
    Get < 50 ping on slingshot.

Been having a bit of problems launching Steam recently, though. Comes up and says I can't connect to the Steam network. Usually a reconnect will fix it.

17. Post
    -PH33R- wrote:

cheers

awesome plan
    Is that all? I thought you would've done more than that by now. Rattle ya dags son!

18. Post
    I'd be more interested to see PHEER's storage units, that would be a real eye opener for me.

I expect something like

19. Post
    DO NOT SIGN UP TO THIS PLAN!!!!

Can't even download, the max speed ive got to rapidshare was 19kb, 25 for hotfile. Torrents sit around 5kb. Between 6pm and 11pm you cannot watch youtube or surf any local websites. This page has taken a min to load.

I'm not alone too http://forums.slingshot.co.nz/viewforum.php?f=15

I highly doubt the claims of people downloading gigs of data in a day. You'll be lucky if you can watch youtube.

Gaming spikes sometimes but 90% of the time it is playable. I've complained a week ago but they still have not got back to me. This will make for a good case at the commerce commission.

20. Post
    I would actually enjoy helping someone leave Slingshot without a disconnection fee for lols and to prove that it can be done. If you're set on bailing on them then send me a PM.

Abridged credentials:
    Worked for an ISP for 2.5 years for an ISP in high level technical support position and was an escalation point for the generally unreasonable people to talk to. I spent quite a bit of time dealing with our TDR cases and know the CGA and FTA quite well.

21. Post
    -PH33R- wrote:

cheers

awesome plan
    Sounds about right. Squeezing out almost 400KB/s purely on international bandwidth is doable, but a PITA and very time consuming for me.
    There's probably other methods to attain higher than 400KB/s I haven't tried yet. At the moment I'm OK with my off-peak speed, but it'd be better if Slingshot get their issues fixed (started 3 weeks ago, coincides with AYCE plan...), then I can back down my effort and go back to normal downloading again.

22. Post
    wuzy wrote:
    Sounds about right. Squeezing out almost 400KB/s purely on international bandwidth is doable, but a PITA and very time consuming for me.
    There's probably other methods to attain higher than 400KB/s I haven't tried yet. At the moment I'm OK with my off-peak speed, but it'd be better if Slingshot get their issues fixed (started 3 weeks ago, coincides with AYCE plan...), then I can back down my effort and go back to normal downloading again.

i just got connected today and until now, Browsing is great, Youtube is Great , but dl from Hotfile and MU and co is Terrible, 40kbps.

OK people! I have a qestion for you!

Is there ANY way to increase download speeds from Hotfile and Megaupload and ... ?????????????/

23. Post
    wuzy wrote:
    how is squeezing 400KBPS Doable?! Let us know as well mate!

and what are these issues that slingshot are getting fixed?

btw, would using a VPN be any help for dl speeds?

24. Post
    mahdibassam wrote:
    Is there ANY way to increase download speeds from Hotfile and Megaupload and ... ?????????????/
    Get premium account.

25. Post
    Eclectic Gamester wrote:
    Get premium account.

Oh thanks very much Mate didnt think of that

already have 2year membership both.

downloading at 25kbps from hotfile.