Slingshot ALL YOU CAN EAT PLAN

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)

1. Post
    although the Download speed from International servers like MU and HF is utter Crap ( 25kbps right now, Middle finger pointed at Slingshot's Face for that), other than that, Gaming is Great (PS3), Youtube is aweosme all day long, and browsing is always snappy.

2. Post
    WHY ARE PEOPLE DOWNLOADING INTERNATIONALLY .. ESPICALLY FROM ****TY P2P HTTP SITES, THEY WILL NEVER BE FULL SPEED, FIND OTHER MEANS ;D
    Chaos, Disorder, Mayhem .... My work here is done

3. Post
    -PH33R- wrote:
    WHY ARE PEOPLE DOWNLOADING INTERNATIONALLY .. ESPICALLY FROM ****TY P2P HTTP SITES, THEY WILL NEVER BE FULL SPEED, FIND OTHER MEANS ;D
    While I wholeheartedly agree, problem is 800K-1Mbit/s upload speed per user on ADSL2+ (Annex A) which typically has to be spread out to over 10 upload streams.
    Sitting up an IRC channel purely dedicated to AYCE users to encourage them to lay off international sources and help them to contribute to national P2P would be a good start. And using things like upload-to-download ratio monitoring to kick off any leechers.

What NZ P2P users (and groups) need is unity. Our population is small enough already, don't make it even smaller.

4. Post
    Where are the NZ torrent groups ?

Google shows nothing.

5. Post
    -PH33R- wrote:
    90% of thhe files on the internet are on internatuionakl sources like RS HF and MU. i dont understand How you want us not to download them. ?

6. Post
    National traffic will be faster. Wouldn't you prefer line speed downloads instead of sub 100K or whatever Slingshot is throttling international downloads to?

7. Post
    Lorenceo wrote:
    National traffic will be faster. Wouldn't you prefer line speed downloads instead of sub 100K or whatever Slingshot is throttling international downloads to?

i understand what you are saying mate , 100% true, But the files that i wanna download are on international servers how can i download them from national ?! how can i transfer hotfile and megaupload and rapidshare and ETC files to national? its not like we have a choice and choose international downloads. correct me if im wrong.

8. Post
    That'd be the reason the people above want to start national torrent trackers, etc. However the files would need to be originally sourced from somewhere. I'd say Pheer could fulfil that role. It seems he's download half of the entire internet already anyway.

9. Post
    by the way, there seems to be a shift in interntiional speeds today, downloadin at 170kbps now from hf. or is it always like this in the morning?

10. Post
    I'm also noticing an increase in speed. I'm getting the same speed as you on megashares though.

11. Post
    PM'ing some people now to for interest and see what's the current topology of our national P2P groups are like. Remember we can't discuss those things in public as it would be highly against forum rules.

While my collection is nowhere as big as PH33R who's already into the 30TiB+ range I believe, it's still a very sizable one compared to the rest of you and I'm more than willing to share it, given the right channel is available.

12. Post
    Are likely to see ok p2p speeds off peak if it's national data?

edit: oh and what the hell with RS! it's usually line speed at this time of day, now its down to 500 Kbyte/s nooo

13. Post
    im getting 225kbps from HF right now.pretty good considering i wasn getting 25 last night.

I just got connected to AYCE just yesterday, but i am willing to take part in this sharing thing too.

14. Post
    well if it does happen, can someone flick some PM's around?

15. Post
    mahdibassam wrote:
    already have 2year membership both.
    Oh, so you have a premium account, you should have mentioned that. Anyway, I wouldn't get a 2 year membership with Hotfile especially since it could easily go down.

16. Post
    Eclectic Gamester wrote:
    Oh, so you have a premium account, you should have mentioned that. Anyway, I wouldn't get a 2 year membership with Hotfile especially since it could easily go down.
    ha;f of it is already gone, and it has been really awesome. why would it go down?!

17. Post
    Im getting 3mb download and 1mb upload was 11mb down n 1mb up this morning but now youtube is unwatchable.

18. Post
    [REPLY=eKs-M94-x] Im getting 3mb download and 1mb upload was 11mb down n 1mb up this morning but now youtube is unwatchable. [/REPLY

yes i was 7/1 this morning but now its not good. it was really good last night tho.

19. Post
    Been following this thread on and off. Seems like slingshot are starting to pick up their game a bit?

Would you recommend this plan for a 50gb a month downloader + heavy gamer?

20. Post
    Huyi wrote:
    Been following this thread on and off. Seems like slingshot are starting to pick up their game a bit?

Hi mate, thats exactly whats happening.

It is getting better as time passes.

im a 100Gb+ downloader and a heavy gamer, and it is all good so far.

21. Post
    Huyi wrote:

No ...

Reason being this is exactly as I said at the start of the plan, they won't buy any BW till users complain like **** then it takes time to purchase which is how long this bollocks has been going on for. Give it say 1-2 weeks, same **** again, bet on it

22. Post
    ^BITES^ wrote:
    No ...

Reason being this is exactly as I said at the start of the plan, they won't buy any BW till users complain like **** then it takes time to purchase which is how long this bollocks has been going on for. Give it say 1-2 weeks, same **** again, bet on it
    So not worth it at the moment then?

23. Post
    Not worth it ever.

Well, maybe it is if you're pulling loads of national traffic...

24. Post
    ^BITES^ wrote:
    No ...

Yeah, seen this before from them.

25. Post
    I signed up to AYCE a few weeks ago now and complained within the first few days about the lack of speed around Rapidshare downloads.

Yesterday I had a voice mail on my phone from a manager at Slingshot wishing to discuss my issue. He said that he did not think the poor Rapidshare speeds would get any better and would probably get worse. He said that Slingshot may not have made this clear from the start and so were looking to get me off the plan without me having to pay the early termination fee.

I tried ringing back to discuss but gave up waiting. While I was doing this I fired up some Rapidshare downloads and to my surprise was getting around 300kb/sec (much better than the 30kb/sec I was used to). This lasted for a few hours before going back to "normal".

Not sure what to do now. I thought the Pro plan might provide some good speeds during certain hours but it sounds like that has dies a death too. Any suggestions?