Slingshot ALL YOU CAN EAT PLAN

Thread Rating: 2 votes, 5.00 average.
(2 votes)

1. Post
    wuzy wrote:
    PM'ing some people now to for interest and see what's the current topology of our national P2P groups are like. Remember we can't discuss those things in public as it would be highly against forum rules.

While my collection is nowhere as big as PH33R who's already into the 30TiB+ range I believe, it's still a very sizable one compared to the rest of you and I'm more than willing to share it, given the right channel is available.
    easy way is for a dc++ hub , back when xnet had free national there were a few around , theres sum still going .....

2. Post
    cokeman wrote:
    easy way is for a dc++ hub
    Waste of time to be honest.

3. Post
    cencsor wrote:
    Waste of time to be honest.

yeah maybe , or a national torrent site be better .......i am getting around 8 to 10gb a day on international not too bad really for me

4. Post
    thudb wrote:
    I signed up to AYCE a few weeks ago now and complained within the first few days about the lack of speed around Rapidshare downloads.

Yesterday I had a voice mail on my phone from a manager at Slingshot wishing to discuss my issue. He said that he did not think the poor Rapidshare speeds would get any better and would probably get worse. He said that Slingshot may not have made this clear from the start and so were looking to get me off the plan without me having to pay the early termination fee.

I tried ringing back to discuss but gave up waiting. While I was doing this I fired up some Rapidshare downloads and to my surprise was getting around 300kb/sec (much better than the 30kb/sec I was used to). This lasted for a few hours before going back to "normal".

Not sure what to do now. I thought the Pro plan might provide some good speeds during certain hours but it sounds like that has dies a death too. Any suggestions?

the negative side is that RS and MU and HF and... hace slow speeds most times, (although i get 200+ in the morning) but look at the positive side too.

i downloaded a 1.5 GB game Demo on my PS3 in 25 minutes. thats exactly 1000kbps.

Browsing is awesome and snappy every hour of the day. even in peak hours.

Youtube is awesome most of the times, and even in peak hours if you give it a few seconds head start theres no problem.

So far i have really liked it.

5. Post
    I should buy games that I like to support the developers.

6. Post
    Guys let me remind you:

defiant wrote:

There will be absolutely no talk of downloading illegal files at all. That means posting "I'm downloading Linux ISO's", there's a Linux forum to discuss which distro you happen to be downloading. No linking to trackers, no mention of whether or not you use public/private trackers.

7. Post
    JiveTonto wrote:
    I should buy games that I like to support the developers.

lol jokes

and just for the nice little mod post above i was just trying to talk about a means of downloading compared to another was not trying to perficaly say i download illegal stuffs,its like talking about transport and comparing a bike to a car =D

8. Post
    Ok I am getting conflicting reports of download speeds. Ideally what are you guys getting on average on torrents?

9. Post
    Huyi wrote:
    Ok I am getting conflicting reports of download speeds. Ideally what are you guys getting on average on torrents?
    i get 800kbps average (on good torrents with lots of seeders, mainly the popular ones) . and im adsl 1.

10. Post
    becarefull "Therk Forum Whore Super Supreme" will chase ya for talking about torrents i even got 2 pms!

slingshot are a bit slow on this,i have a set of 6 ports that i rotate my utorrent through every 2-3 days and disable leguacy connections and force encryption and enable dht. i normaly get line speed or a little bit less even during peek hours and on torrents they havnt cached.but megaupload and rapidshare is a differant story, cruddy speed from them 24/7 even with permuim accounts

11. Post
    JiveTonto wrote:
    becarefull "Therk Forum Whore Super Supreme" will chase ya for talking about torrents i even got 2 pms!
    Pretty sure that was over your "getting my 360 games from MU" comment.

12. Post
    well ive gota store my backups somewhere!

13. Post
    why would you download a "backup" of your "original" game when you can make a "backup" of your "original" yourself

no one's fooled!

14. Post
    no its i store them as i do have a premum account,saves me having to keep copies localy

15. Post
    slingshot cache in full action,now its sitting at 1200kbs steady and i just took this minites ago,pek hours you gota love it.

i hope this is not breaking the rules as it is part of the service the isp offers

Attached Images

16. Post
    How do you know what is cached and what isn't? Is there anyway for non slingshot users to use the cache?

17. Post
    how do you know if a torrent is cached? how can find chached torrents?

18. Post
    its more to know what to look for,and me and a few friends worked out ( by creating a torrent of our own) it takes 34 adds on average befor we noticed the slingshot cache jumping in there and trying to load it up to store it and fark! ive had like 4 or 5 pms on how to get good speeds outa utorrent lol

19. Post
    JiveTonto wrote:
    its more to know what to look for,and me and a few friends worked out ( by creating a torrent of our own) it takes 34 adds on average befor we noticed the slingshot cache jumping in there and trying to load it up to store it and fark! ive had like 4 or 5 pms on how to get good speeds outa utorrent lol
    That's farking awesome! Group effort FTW!

20. Post
    Amazing utorrent speeds

21. Post
    sitting around 900-100kbs atm,its just about configuration,i limit upload to 10kbs set a maxum number of peers to 15000,2000 per torrent,no more than 2 upload slots per torrent

looking at setting up a local tracker now,am talking to friends to see what we can orginise.mite have to make it a seed to torrent one tho so all the bandwith doesnt disapear to leachers

22. Post
    Hi. I have just joined the AYCE Plan. I am getting awful speeds on everything. I have tried downloading from HTTP sources like games.on.net ..and the max speed I can achieve is 100kbps mostly under that. Is everything actually shaped down including sites or due to it being the weekend? also utorrent I haven't been able to get over 50kbps on a private tracker. How come some of you on this can download at those fast speeds?

23. Post
    your router all fwd'd corectly?

24. Post
    just checked mine,still goping strong and im with ayce

Attached Images

25. Post
    I remember when I signed up to slingshots big plan and it was amazing fast torrent speeds of around 1MBs average now over a year its gone downhill, slow downloading, streaming, browsing etc