Page 1 of 2 12 Last

1. Post
    Cryptic are “do”ing a new Neverwinter game. Specifically, called “Neverwinter”. From the details in its press release and about page, it’s a persistent world Neverwinter Nights (Including content creation tools) based around co-operative groups of five (with the computer controlling the NPCs if you haven’t got the right number) plus fourth edition D&D rules (which is a definite plus for Co-op groups, I suspect) and all the character customisation that Cryptic excel at (though you are kind wonder how much variety can you get out of dudes wearing leather). Interestingly, it’s also a “multi-platform event”. Except it doesn’t mean consoles. It means a trilogy of novels and a tabletop roleplaying game. Man, I hope we don’t have to dumb the game down for those readers. It’s planned before the end of next year and I find myself tentatively excited. Yay? Yes, yay.

source
    A co-op game in an online persistent world. There will be mod tools and it will use 4th Edition DnD rules. It's due in 2011.

Also it being developed by Cryptic, who've had two very large scale flops in recent times, Champions Online and Star Trek Online.

2. Post
    I thought most people hated D&D 4th edition rules.

3. Post
    D&D rules certainly add a LOT more to a RPG game than say dragon age has managed.

4. Post
    Adyiss wrote:
    I thought most people hated D&D 4th edition rules.
    With the D&D license you only have so much flexibility in terms of which ruleset or setting that can be used. If a certain ruleset is outdated or a certain setting has been retired, then it can't be adapted. Hence why we've had no official games set in the Planescape setting since Torment.

5. Post
    "new Neverwinter game!"

:D

"By Cryptic"

OH COME ON

6. Post
    star trek online they better alow free roam! and hopfully i can go into fps mode and land on planets and ****

7. Post
    (Ne)niaz wrote:
    star trek online they better alow free roam! and hopfully i can go into fps mode and land on planets and ****
    You understand that post makes no sense to this Neverwinter thread.

4th Edition DnD rules me not likely!

8. Post
    LOL at anyone wanting to buy a product from Cryptic after the absolute shambles that is STO. I can't believe at the time I chose STO over DoW2, considering I've played DoW2 at least 3x more than I've played STO.

9. Post
    Yuk, Cryptic.

Why aren't they dissolved yet?

10. Post
    http://au.pc.ign.com/articles/119/1198498p1.html

Neverwinter has been delayed to late 2012. Perfect World is having Cryptic restructure Neverwinter from being a co-op RPG into a F2P action MMO, akin to Dark Alliance. The original vision for the game likely would've sucked regardless since it was being made by Cryptic, but still f*ck you Perfect World and f*ck you China!
    The developer says Neverwinter will be closer to a game like Nexon's Vindictus, where combat is controlled by mouse clicks, and where pattern recognition and reflexes are the keys to successfully murdering hordes of monsters.

11. Post
    At least it isn't going to be a FPS....

........it isn't right?

12. Post
    Probably. I expect nothing more than awful anyway, they may as well add a couple of M16's in the process.

13. Post
    I was kinda interested in this until 4th ed rules. 4th ed feels like they tried to translate wows pacing into d&d.

14. Post
    Xev wrote:
    Probably. I expect nothing more than awful anyway, they may as well add a couple of M16's in the process.
    and jets... they should get DICE to do the multiplayer

15. Post
    Analgia wrote:
    and jets... they should get DICE to do the multiplayer
    Don't forget dinosaurs. No game can go without dinosaurs.

16. Post
    They seem to be taking cues from Guild Wars 2 (and maybe MOBAs too). I.e. not having a hotbar filled with 10,000 skills like most WoW clones.

17. Post
    They should turn this into an RTS

18. Post
    sigh

another action rpg.. maybe the world ending cannot come soon enough

19. Post
    reminds me of guildwars2 Thief..

20. Post
    Whinge.

From that short clip, I can already see an appeal that all other recent mmo's and arpg's haven't given me.

21. Post
    Could be interesting but IP may not be powerful enough to hold my interest, also without evolving skills and instead having static skills you have for a long time (ie GW2) it'll probably not tickle my fancy

22. Post
    looks kinda cool.

nothing tickles your fancy anymore BT, unless its a dog licking your balls

23. Post
    Bt wrote:
    Could be interesting but IP may not be powerful enough to hold my interest, also without evolving skills and instead having static skills you have for a long time (ie GW2) it'll probably not tickle my fancy
    +1 to this.

24. Post
    Oh yeah, definitely getting a lot of Guild Wars 2 vibes from this one's combat. I wonder if they'll have character classes dedicated to specific weapon types or will a class' movelist completely change depending on the weapon type equipped (a la GW2)?

25. Post
    ermm *yawn*

can they not think of something alittle more interesting other than Whirlwind, Charge etc.

Page 1 of 2 12 Last