1. Thumbs down

My Sennheiser HD555 crack :(

Hi guys

I bought a pair of Sennheiser HD555 From iFocus. There under a year old, But after about 4 months of owning them they started developing cracks on both sides of the head band just above the ear cups. After looking on numerous forums I found out its quite a common problem, some people said that the cracks of theirs hadn't grown so I didn't worry about it for a while, but mine now have continued to grow . Just when I started to love the sound of them.

I've contacted both iFocus.co.nz and Sennheiser and both companies havn't replied back to me, pretty darn piss poor

Attached Images

2. Post
    i guess you could duct tape them up as a stop gap?

3. Post
    Pretty sure this happens to every single pair. Mine have this crack and i've dropped them plenty of times too, the size of the crack is still not concerning even after this.
    I got mine 2nd hand though.

4. Post
    Common issue with those Sennheisers I heard.

5. Post
    Can you superglue the outside of the crack, try and stop it spreading?

6. Post
    Why does it matter if it has cracks? Its not like its broken or anyting

7. Post
    I was just about to buy a pair of these today, no shit.... lol much for making this thread. Any idea if this is common witht he 595s as well?

8. Post
    It doesn't affect them at all, mine are still perfectly fine.
    And you can pretty much turn HD555's into HD595's by opening them up and removing a bit of foam. The drivers inside are 100% identical, its just the foam was put in to make the HD555's worse.

9. Post
    eXDee wrote:
    And you can pretty much turn HD555's into HD595's by opening them up and removing a bit of foam. The drivers inside are 100% identical, its just the foam was put in to make the HD555's worse.
    Yeah I know about that mod (infact I started a thread about it on geekzone some time ago) There are mixed opinions about it, some people think is awesome, some hate it - it's about a 50/50 split the more I read up on it. The crack is still unacceptable to me even if it is purely superficial, its not like there is a lack of choice in headphone options.

Edit: lol eXdee, just noticed you actually posted in that thread

10. Post
    eXDee wrote:
    I'd say clsoe to HD595's but not exactly HD595's. The frame is different and thus affects the sound.

11. Post
    Yup, hence why i said pretty much. If you modify the metal grill the HD555's you get even closer apparently, but in terms of the price difference, HD595s are rather expensive tbh, i'd be going Audio Technica or Grados or similar at that price point.

12. Post
    I have the exact same issue on mine, thanks for calling it to my attention. Going to super glue this mofo

13. Post
    That must have hurt.. WTB faster warrenty response time

14. Post
    nvm