Good deal thread

Thread Rating: 21 votes, 5.00 average.
(21 votes)
Page 1 of 277 12341151101 ... Last

1. Thumbs up

Good deal thread

Hopefully we can keep a constant thread up and running for when game sales come along or you have found a good deal just to let fellow GP members know. Feel free to add console specials too.

A few sites are:
    • PC Sales - It lists the sales on Steam, Gamersgate, Direct2drive and Impulse.
    • Pricespy New Zealand site that has a large database of retailers (can filter by price etc.)

My input:

Men of War: Red Tide - 76% off Link $6.00 USD

Men of War is a really interesting RTS. It has major micromanagement and is very strategy based. There are plenty of mods for it and Red Tide is the newest out (released earlier this year I believe)

Just Cause 2 - 76% off Link (Courtesy of Radnom) 6.49

2. Post
    How to make Amazon Digital Purchases
    http://www.gpforums.co.nz/threads/48...gital-Purchase

DiRT 2 on Direct2Drive Save 85%
    Last edited by DumKopf; 22nd June 2014 at 8:03 pm.
    cronik

3. Post
    Monkey Island Special Edition Steam 50% - $7.50USD

4. Post
    Brothers In Arms: Hell's HighwayEbay $18.00 NZD+Shipping
    Brothers In Arms: Hell's HighwayEbay $20.00 NZD+Shipping

Mafia IIZest $22.36 NZD
    (Your Visa card needs to be verified to buy from here, or have a Mastercard)

5. Post
    Champions Online Steam 70% - $9.00USD

Not sure if its any good but worth the purchase if you have been wanting to try it. I believe it comes with a free months sub too

6. Post
    Stay away from CO!, Cryptic have no idea how to make an MMO worth paying for.

7. Post
    MA Daily Deals

Fallout 3 GOTY $39

8. Post
    Zest looks sort of dodgy.

9. Post
    zest is all good, and cheap

10. Post
    If I bought BFBC2 would it work on Steam?

11. Post
    i don't think you can register the key on steam, not sure. i bought my bfbc2 from zest and it works just fine as a standalone.

12. Post
    Battlefield 2 Bad Company PC - $37.99 + Free Shipping

http://www.cdwow.co.nz/games/battlef...45437/32064177

13. Post
    Murakami wrote:
    If I bought BFBC2 would it work on Steam?
    No, but you can register your key with the EA Download Manager and get digital delivery backups if you really wanted to.

You can still run most DX/OGL games through Steam and have access to the Steam overlay, your friends list, IM'ing, VoIP, etc. Steam's Games menu -> Add a Non-Steam Game to My Library.

14. Post
    Fable 2 GOTY Edition Firstgames $35

15. Post
    so what are the odds of mightyape doing a pricematch for BC2

16. Post
    What are the odds of mightyape/gp putting the kybosh on this thread?

17. Post
    ^ don't see why GP should since "GP and Mightyape are completely unrelated and separate companies"

btw got a reply for the price match, $50 is MA's best price...

18. Post
    I thought they only done price matches on games from new zealand sites?

19. Post
    Insai wrote:
    ^ don't see why GP should since "GP and Mightyape are completely unrelated and separate companies"
    On the other hand they "have a relationship" and often HOS threads about the competition...

20. Post
    ^ they would HOS threads that are blatant advertising, but this is just a good deals thread. there shouldn't be any issues

21. Post
    Can you guys state which platform the games are for when you link them please

22. Post
    You can assume they're all for PC

23. Post
    russianguy192 wrote:
    Battlefield 2 Bad Company PC - $37.99 + Free Shipping

http://www.cdwow.co.nz/games/battlef...45437/32064177
    Cheers for bringing CDWow to my attention, they look like hey have the best deal on Civ5 I can find.

24. Post
    Feliz wrote:
    Cheers for bringing CDWow to my attention, they look like hey have the best deal on Civ5 I can find.
    Beware that they have a reputation for poor service and late deliveries, which can delay shipments for several weeks for new games.

25. Post
    exis wrote:
    Beware that they have a reputation for poor service and late deliveries, which can delay shipments for several weeks for new games.
    Yeah just found out they ship out of the UK and take 1-2 weeks to get here - haven't checked JB's price yet, which is can be up to $10 cheaper than MA

Page 1 of 277 12341151101 ... Last