Page 1 of 3 123 Last

1. Post

M & B Warband online mod CRPG

Giving a heads up to anyone who plays Warband about the CRPG mod. It's a mod that allows you to play multiplayer warband with some RPG features.

The mod allows you to have a persistant character with levels, gold, equipment and stats that are earnt through participation in online battles.

I am a total noob at the mod, having only downloaded it a couple of days ago, but it is really fun. I've been playing on an Australian server that has had at least 30 players on it most nights. Had some epic 20 v 20 castle seiges and field battles.

Anyway, the website for the mod is here:

http://78.46.65.211/crpgsite/new/index.php

and details of the Australian server here:

http://www.crpgaustralia.net/

Pings to the Aussie server seem to be ok.

2. Post
    I really enjoyed Mount & Blade but Warband just absolutely killed it.

3. Post
    How so?

4. Post
    I'm on cRPG mate, and I got warband for the multiplayer.

Generally I find it easier to level on the North American battle servers where 100+ people are killing one another.

For people who haven't played the MOD essentially makes you start as a level 1 peasant with a pitchfork and (if you're lucky) rocks to throw.

Even moving into a battle a stray arrow can defeat you so the smartest thing to generally do first is acquire a shield and hold it and pray.

You level up by being around enemy players who are killed - and by your team winning a round. You then spend your stat points online, and spend your gold, in a similar fashion to how you would in the single player.

It's very fun as all the items from the SP are available in MP. Some other cool features include the ability to carry and erect an archer barricade wherever you like and being able to drop siege ladders on ANYTHING (so if there's a building, it's climbable).

I'm loving it so far, but I'm going for a cavalry build and horses are very expensive.

5. Post
    Hey, thanks for the tip about the American servers Eldon. I might jump on them and try and get some gold. At the moment I'm a broke ass peasant, the only decent item I have is a Nordic Longsword which I spent all my gold on

6. Post

Just as a juxtaposition, you start as this:

7. Post
    No prob Stuger, what's your name on the servers? I play as Septlante.

Also, steam account name?

8. Post
    Satire wrote:
    How so?
    The last release I played had an option of 2 maps/zones and it was a 2-team frenzy. Latency was a major issue and also encountered people hiding in little areas in the zone preventing the scenario from finishing.

Going from a wonderfully rich single-player campaign to a free-for-all multiplayer mess was the last time I ran the game. I don't understand the need to launch a MP facet of the game when the single-player was far superior and would've been really amazing had they invested further time into that instead.

9. Post
    I also play this, I suggest that if your new to multiplayer you should probably play some native first then move to crpg, being able to manual block is pretty important especially at low levels since your shield wont last long.

Be careful with making your character, try and decide what kind of character you want to make before you start, and make sure you don't spread your points to thin eg if you want to be an archer using a 1h+shield is not a good idea since you have to spend extra points on agility and the shield skill that you would otherwise put into strength and power draw). Crossbows are however basically a free choice in that they are still useful with no points spent on weapon proficiency, and don't have a special skill requirement like bows with powerdraw or powerthrow with throwing weapons thus making them good backup weapons for melee users, it means that trying to go as a dedicated crossbowman is a bad idea however, especially since they are much less accurate and slower to reload then native.

There is also another element to crpg called Strategus, it is basically a multiplayer version of singleplayer style warband, however the ingame battles can only be fought so far on the euro or north american crpg servers so lag is a pretty big issue.

Limit0 wrote:
    The last release I played had an option of 2 maps/zones and it was a 2-team frenzy. Latency was a major issue and also encountered people hiding in little areas in the zone preventing the scenario from finishing.

Going from a wonderfully rich single-player campaign to a free-for-all multiplayer mess was the last time I ran the game. I don't understand the need to launch a MP facet of the game when the single-player was far superior and would've been really amazing had they invested further time into that instead.
    The MP in warband is awesome, the combat system has a lot of depth and is a lot of fun, the battle and siege gamemodes can also involve a great amount of teamwork and strategy. Latency is important but lucky there are populated Australian servers that have good ping to NZ, for native the servers are called Games_on_net_Battle etc and the crpg server is Crpg_Australia. Also even in early beta there were more then 2 maps, currently there is about 10 maps normal maps and 6 siege maps, as well as singleplayer style random maps, the games_on_netattle server also runs a lot of custom maps and the crpg server pretty much only runs custom maps other then ruins and port assault.

10. Post
    i was thinking of picking this up a while back but i didnt know how populatied the aussie servers are, i might pick it up now.

11. Post
    How much better SP is this than original M&B?
    I gots married so dont really post as much anymore

12. Post
    Can anyone who is playing this please give me their steam names.

Add eld0n to steam as well.

13. Post
    Limit0 wrote:
    You make it sound like there's no singleplayer in Warband, there is. I bought Warband for the updates to SP, haven't even tried MP. :confused:

14. Post
    So I am downloading the game now, people play late?

15. Post
    installing now.

16. Post
    The server host for the crpg server has gone out of business, the guy who was renting it is trying to get another host but it will probably be down for a few days. Will mean more people on the games on net servers though.

17. Post
    Ions wrote:
    You make it sound like there's no singleplayer in Warband, there is. I bought Warband for the updates to SP, haven't even tried MP. :confused:
    last I had heard Warband was entirely MP! yonks agooo

18. Post
    Probably because at the start of this year there was a closed and then open multiplayer beta, perhaps you should at least take a cursory glance at the steam store page or something before going on a big rant?

19. Post
    I've been playing the demo, been really fun
    I gots married so dont really post as much anymore

20. Post
    Play the NA CRPG server, the ping isnt that bad - 100+ players means more xp more gold and more chaos.

SO far I've got 2 other GPers on my list who play with me UrinaL_Cake and Lucias_Fox

Add eld0n to your steam if you want me to show you the ropes on CPRG (it's ridiculously addictive).

I'll post some screens later of the action.

I just found out if you have riding skill you can whistle for any nearby unoccupied horse and it'll race to you

21. Post
    Hey Eldon, I have added you on steam. My username is stugramnz.

22. Post
    Limit0 wrote:
    last I had heard Warband was entirely MP! yonks agooo
    Some of the SP changes;

- Better graphics
    - There is a new faction added to the single player campaign
    - Marriage and related political additions
    - Create your own kingdom, companions can then become vassals and lead their own armies.
    - Buying land in major cities and develop enterprises
    - New quests

+ more

23. Post

Whole team clustering out of arrow fire waiting for the enemy army to approach.

Team-mate shooting from behind a palisade, the nice thing is you can actually set these palisades up anywhere.

Here I got ambushed, but fortunately we had some cavalry on top of the cliff to take the archers.

24. Post
    ^ Holy shit that looks pretty gangster.

25. Post
    Australian cRPG server is back up.