Results 126 to 150 of 3815

  1. Post
    Combat!!

    http://www.gameinformer.com/b/featur...er-combat.aspx

    No mention of hand to hand. - oh there is a of passing mention of it but not explained or a perk example. Bethesda PR's twitter implies its back, no confimartion of it's usefulness compared to weapons.

  2. Post
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    New screenshot, courtesy of RPS.

    facebook support? huur durr :P
    Winner: Ass Clown Award 2002!!! NEWS FLASH 2003 clown as well!!!

  3. Post
    They've been more updates on the GI Skyrim hub(http://www.gameinformer.com/p/esv.aspx) in the last few days.

    Use Interface(for controls it only mentions consoles, boo) - http://www.gameinformer.com/games/th...-overhaul.aspx
    Art - http://www.gameinformer.com/b/news/a...of-skyrim.aspx
    Podcast with Todd Howard - http://www.gameinformer.com/b/podcas...dhowardse.aspx

    Podcast confirms races are still getting different spells/abilites and skills boosts.

  4. Post
    Nice, cheers^

    Podcast was interesting, I like that they're trying different things. All this doomsday talk of Bethesda dumbing games down is ridiculous, they're striving for alot of complexity in all their systems/mechanics.

  5. Post
    Sweet! Can't wait for this game ,was a huge fan of oblivion.

  6. Post
    Check out Two Worlds 2 if you like these types of games. Have put about five hours into it and it's good fun.

  7. Post
    Some non-scanned versions of several of the images from the Game Informer article, as posted on Game Reactor.














  8. Post
    Droooooolllllll

  9. Post
    Shadowraith wrote:
    Some non-scanned versions of several of the images from the Game Informer article, as posted on Game Reactor.
    *pics*
    I can see the fanbois now getting all hard over this. Shame its nothing but an airbrushed lie. Well at least for the console straddlers it is. This will look like shit on either of the consoles. Games of this nature always do. Be prepared for disappointment ladies. Half decade old harware that was underpowered to begin with. The engine may be considerably better than Gamebryo but look even that old tech still taxed those machines to their limit. The increased texture size will mean cuts in other areas. I expect ratshit draw distance, low frames, and areas with appalingly low res textures combined with some higher res ones. It may look slightly better, but it wont play any better. I am sure the design ethic at Beth hasnt changed or evolved in any way.

    By looks of things the yokels at Beth are going to lay another golden turd this year which will be lovingly fondled and consumed by the slackjawed and the easily impressed. The popularity of Oblivion and Fable (and by extension thier sequels) just goes to demonstrate the damage this console generation has had on intelligent and innovative game design. I know a whole bunch of people will love this, but in the end you'll still end up swallowing shit.

    You would think RPG games coming out over a decade after classics like Baldurs Gate or Planescape or Final Fantasy 7, or almost 2 decades after Ultima VII would actually be deeper, richer, compelling and more complex. Instead we get prettier but much weaker/shallower games.

    I guess I shouldnt be surprised though. I mean this is the generation that makes vapid skanks stars and promotes idiocy as entertainment. So kids go back to The Hills, spend some time in The OC, or hang out at Jersey Shore. It fairly obvious why game like this are so popular... it seems people are no longer intellectually capable of a game that requires any real thought.

    ***Not a troll, but seeing bt "drool" over this just makes me roll my eyes***

  10. Post
    Those pics don't look any different to Oblivion tbh.

  11. Post
    What can you expect from someone who enjoyed Fallout 3 but thought Fallout 1 and 2 were bland?

    Someone who played Planescape and Baldur's Gate and couldn't stop yawning but thoroughly enjoyed Oblivion and Morrowind?

    I'm sorry that games are changing to your detriment but i'm not going to stop enjoying them because of your perceptions of what they've become. Personally I believe they have struck a balance between action, accessibility and rpg these days instead of pure rpg.

    I think the only way you're going to get the same experience you crave so much in this day and age is if you break out the d20 and have a really sweet GM.


    PS: Consoles suck. PC all the way. I'm allowed to drool at the graphics! It's clear that you have no problem immersing yourself into games that are about as attractive as the back end of a pitbull but for some of us, we'd prefer a balance between gameplay and visuals.

  12. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    Those pics don't look any different to Oblivion tbh.
    the characters look a lot better to me.

  13. Post
    keelhaul wrote:
    the characters look a lot better to me.
    They do look tidier but still nothing special. And the Forest / Water pic was so 2006. It's too bad that Fony and Microfail want to drag this generation out for four more years with their Wii ripoff technology.

    Then again, i've always placed graphics at a distant last for gameplay requirements, let's see if beth can shock me.

  14. Post
    cryocore wrote:
    LEAVE BRITNEY ALONE!!!
    Christ, anymore dramatic and the god of over acting would strike you down.

    "By looks of things the yokels at Beth are going to lay another golden turd this year which will be lovingly fondled and consumed by the slackjawed and the easily impressed. "

    Don't like it? move on, you don't like Beths design style/attitude, everyone is well bloody aware of it, so why do you even look, F*** my life.

    That's completely ignoring that you have nothing but a few screenies to base your rant upon, which amusingly I bet will turn out to be correct, altho "Devs make shallow game" won't be winning my psychic of the year award any time soon.

  15. Post
    Remember that the game is still 8 months from release, and these screens, having been released a month or so ago as part of a printed publication are at the very least a month (likely more) old.

    These images do highlight a few graphical flaws, but I'm more interested to see how it all moves and plays before pronouncing any sort of judgement.

    At least some people are excited:


  16. Post
    I laugh at people who cry about graphics and that consoles are holding graphics etc. But wait, I thought it was the gameplay that mattered?

    That being said good games are harder to come by. Although its expected tbh. When it first started, not so much money involved etc. Now companies can make alot of money eg BlOps. Theres still lotsa good games coming out though. Dragon age 2, ME3, BF3, TE5, The Witcher 2, and Portal 2 with lots more to come. Don't see why people cry so much.

  17. Post
    Maybe because every single title you just listed is a sequel.

    In saying that, the only title i will be buying on Day One is Final Fantasy Versus XIII and possibly Tales of Graces F.

  18. Post
    Bt wrote:
    What can you expect from someone who enjoyed Fallout 3 but thought Fallout 1 and 2 were bland?

    Someone who played Planescape and Baldur's Gate and couldn't stop yawning but thoroughly enjoyed Oblivion and Morrowind?
    So then you're just stupid then. I would say its a personal preference, but you're either trolling or are actually so devoid of any actual intelligence that I no longer actually care about anything you have to say.

    Thats all I needed to know.

    You're basically the human equivalent of a kitten trying to catch a laser pointer, so run along and play with something shiny as that seems to be all you're capable of.

  19. Post
    Ramza wrote:
    Maybe because every single title you just listed is a sequel.

    In saying that, the only title i will be buying on Day One is Final Fantasy Versus XIII and possibly Tales of Graces F.
    Point being?

    I never pick up games on day one anymore unless its for the xbox which is barely ever. Depending how GoW shapes up, that might be one.

  20. Post
    cryocore wrote:
    So then you're just stupid then. I would say its a personal preference, but you're either trolling or are actually so devoid of any actual intelligence that I no longer actually care about anything you have to say.

    Thats all I needed to know.

    You're basically the human equivalent of a kitten trying to catch a laser pointer, so run along and play with something shiny as that seems to be all you're capable of.
    Uh huh.

    So because I preferred the more action orientated play of the games I mentioned over the combat snoozefest of your preferred games, I am stupid.

    I didn't stop playing them because they were overcomplicated or difficult to understand. I stopped playing them because they were boring.

    You are definitely good with the pen but I don't think you're entirely there up top to be honest.

  21. Post
    Bt wrote:
    Uh huh. I am stupid
    Well among other things I hold a Masters Degree in Linguistic Anthropology, so while my spelling maybe average at best, and my typing skills somewhat lacking I certainly wouldn't consider myself "not entirely up there" as you so adroitly put it. It does however allow me to express myself in a manner I find entertaining. Besides it allows me to condescend with greater ease. I may be a supercilious prick, but I dont pretend to be anything i'm not.

    anyway

    My "preferred games" as you call them are only the most respected, critically acclaimed and internationally reknowned cRPGs ever made, but we'll let that little comment slide for now.

    That fact that the only thing you ever seem to comment on is the combat essentially makes all my points for me. Rather than a rich tapestry of intertwining stories, character arcs and a narrative drive that mark the games mention, you prefer to hit shit in real time. More importantly though the games you like lack any of the depth of the ones I mentioned. If the only difference was the combat then I would have no issue. I like action RPGs too. I just like mine to be made for grown ups not some watered down swill (oh sorry streamlined) mede to accommodate the lowest common denominator (that in this case seems to be you).

    Lowest common denominator is by definition the most basic or least sophisticated. Meaning simple, or stupid.

  22. Post
    Shadowraith wrote:
    Some non-scanned versions of several of the images from the Game Informer article, as posted on Game Reactor.

    Gee I wonder what one of the first mods will be.

  23. Post
    cryocore wrote:
    Well among other things I hold a Masters Degree in Linguistic Anthropology, so while my spelling maybe average at best, and my typing skills somewhat lacking I certainly wouldn't consider myself "not entirely up there" as you so adroitly put it. It does however allow me to express myself in a manner I find entertaining. Besides it allows me to condescend with greater ease. I may be a supercilious prick, but I dont pretend to be anything i'm not.

    anyway

    My "preferred games" as you call them are only the most respected, critically acclaimed and internationally reknowned cRPGs ever made, but we'll let that little comment slide for now.

    That fact that the only thing you ever seem to comment on is the combat essentially makes all my points for me. Rather than a rich tapestry of intertwining stories, character arcs and a narrative drive that mark the games mention, you prefer to hit shit in real time. More importantly though the games you like lack any of the depth of the ones I mentioned. If the only difference was the combat then I would have no issue. I like action RPGs too. I just like mine to be made for grown ups not some watered down swill (oh sorry streamlined) mede to accommodate the lowest common denominator (that in this case seems to be you).

    Lowest common denominator is by definition the most basic or least sophisticated. Meaning simple, or stupid.
    So skipping over the first sentence which serves no purpose but to blow your own horn which we're all very used to by now, you mention the games we talked about before being critically acclaimed. If we're talking about reviewers or critics from game sites, you'll find that Fallout 3 and Oblivion are also "critically acclaimed" so i'm not so sure what your point is here. We could go back and forth all day claiming one game is more "critically acclaimed" than the other but that isn't going to get us anywhere because all the critics have different opinions.

    I read fantasy books. I'm a big fan of The Wheel of Time series and the Sword of Truth, you don't need to lecture me on storytelling. I couldn't really care less how good the story was, if the game itself is bland and lacking then i'm going to stop playing it if I don't enjoy it. If the game feels overcomplicated just for the sake of being overcomplicated and has a clunky playstyle, then i'm not going to play it. Why you have trouble understanding this is beyond me, its as if you've never ever entertained the idea that people may not like the game because of the game it is and that if you have the mental capacity you simply must enjoy it and if you don't you're a neanderthal.

    After writing all this I feel like i've wasted my time for nothing. You will no doubt fire back with a retort along the lines of the tired old "you just don't get it because you're dumb, lol" game/movie elitist bullshit that everyone on this forum has seen you do time and time again. We get the picture, you think you're smarter than everyone else and you constantly have to shit on others and "get stuff" that the "stupider" of us don't.

    Write me back when you finally realize that games aren't being made for the lowest common denominator these days, instead they simply aren't being made for patronizing dickheads like you.

    Go back to your pretentious arthouse film bullshit so you can tell people how moronic they are because they don't understand the "point" of the film and leave the real gamers in peace.

  24. Post
    Bt wrote:
    So skipping over the first sentence which serves no purpose but to blow your own horn which we're all very used to by now, you mention the games we talked about before being critically acclaimed. If we're talking about reviewers or critics from game sites, you'll find that Fallout 3 and Oblivion are also "critically acclaimed" so i'm not so sure what your point is here. We could go back and forth all day claiming one game is more "critically acclaimed" than the other but that isn't going to get us anywhere because all the critics have different opinions.

    I read fantasy books. I'm a big fan of The Wheel of Time series and the Sword of Truth, you don't need to lecture me on storytelling. I couldn't really care less how good the story was, if the game itself is bland and lacking then i'm going to stop playing it if I don't enjoy it. If the game feels overcomplicated just for the sake of being overcomplicated and has a clunky playstyle, then i'm not going to play it. Why you have trouble understanding this is beyond me, its as if you've never ever entertained the idea that people may not like the game because of the game it is and that if you have the mental capacity you simply must enjoy it and if you don't you're a neanderthal.

    After writing all this I feel like i've wasted my time for nothing. You will no doubt fire back with a retort along the lines of the tired old "you just don't get it because you're dumb, lol" game/movie elitist bullshit that everyone on this forum has seen you do time and time again. We get the picture, you think you're smarter than everyone else and you constantly have to shit on others and "get stuff" that the "stupider" of us don't.

    Write me back when you finally realize that games aren't being made for the lowest common denominator these days, instead they simply aren't being made for patronizing dickheads like you.

    Go back to your pretentious arthouse film bullshit so you can tell people how moronic they are because they don't understand the "point" of the film and leave the real gamers in peace.
    Bwahahaha. Chill little one. Why you so mad?

    As for me mentioning my degree it was actually to retort your statement about my intellect. If I wanted to blow my own horn I would mention the other two... see what I did there?

    So arthouse films are bullshit? Why? Dont you understand them and therefore dislike them.... gee I wonder what other entertainment medium has that effect on you?

    btw my favourite genre is actually Horror, but your bigotry is noted. The hostility towards intellectualism is concerning though.

    Real gamers? Piss off child Ive been playing games since 1981.

    Games ARE being made for the lowest common denominator. You see games are make by big businesses. Can you say businesses? They are run my men you like to wear expensive suits and make lots on money. The way they make money is by selling as many games as possible. To do this they want to appeal to as many people as possible. So they lower the complexity, and thus the entrance threshold (I can explain this to you later if you like). Now far more people might be interested in buying their game. You see "hardcore" gamers are actually the minority, so our opinions hold very little sway. Before gaming was such a huge money spinner the hardcore demographic was far more representative of the market and thus we were more catered for.

    If you dont think LCD economics are at play here then you arent paying attention OR just dont understand. Whats the top selling gaming platform? (I'll give you a hint it the one aimed at casual/non gamers) Casual games dominate the market, and have done so for years now. As a result niche or typically hardcore genres are getting "streamlined" or dumbed down to cater to this crowd. Oblivion is a perfect example of this in action.

    Let me explain something to you. Everyone is entitled to an opinion. Everyone is free to express it. If you cant defend your opinion intelligently (opinion -> justification -> evidence) then I will use condescension as a tool to illicit an emotive response, as an upset person in most cases feel more inclined to defend a point and offer a more heartfelt justification where previous attempts have been lacking. Sure its a little Machiavellian, but it works for the most part.

    If I didnt think you had anything interesting to say, or I just didnt care I wouldnt even respond to you. My online persona is part unfettered id and part social observation. 100% me only without some of the social bindings we voluntarily shackle ourselves with.
    For me its serves as 1 part entertainment. 1 part education.

  25. Post
    Frankly your patronising, put-down posts as of late have gotten boring. Your No Mutants Allowed/RPGcodex-esque sensibilities make for interesting reading, but when it comes to constantly putting-down people simply for having different tastes to own, it gets old quickly.

    Also have you played Skyrim? You're in no position to credibly judge a game unless you've actually played it - there are absolutely no compromises, end of story. One of reasons why I hold BBC film reviewer, Mark Kermode, in such high regard is because he refuses to review a film without seeing it, which is the only proper way to review anything really. He refuses to compromise upon his journalistic integrity. Why do think the opinions of 'Dex regulars generally aren't taken with a grain of salt in the larger PC gamer internet community? Irrational, foaming at the mouth and honestly gormless bullshit like this.

    Also I don't have double standards, my attitude would be no different if you were some old hand PC FPS clanner berating people for enjoying say Call of Duty or Halo. Muppets like Refused and Cencsor immediately come to mind.

    EDIT:- Actually, everything in this post applies to Bt as well. I don't know why I'm defending him. He's proven to himself to be just as tactless and foaming at mouth on many occasions. Arguing with broad, absolute generalisations is utterly boneheaded and lacking in credibility, Tyler my boy.