1. Post

Rumour - Activision to buy Take 2?

http://www.mcvuk.com/news/43003/Acti...Take-Two-swoop

An eventful week for Activision rolls on: rumours are circulating at the highest level that the company is eyeing a shock acquisition of rival Take-Two.
    If true, and if successful, the bid would bring blockbuster brands and hit studios under one roof Call of Duty and Grand Theft Auto, BioShock and World at Warcraft, all living together.
    In 2010 it was rumoured that Icahn, who is a former chairman and now a major shareholder of rental chain Blockbuster, was prepping Take-Two for acquisition.
    THIS IS JUST A RUMOUR but isn't actually completely unreasonable. Given that Activision have dropped or molested to death their less profitable franchises, they could very well be on the look-out for some valuable acquisitions. They certainly have the funds for it.

2. Post
    Even if they did the buyout, I doubt they would have much luck ruining GTA (because of the high quality control Take 2 demands internally).

3. Post
    +bobby kotick would try and make you pay with real money for weapons and food in game.

4. Post
    Chunky wrote:
    Even if they did the buyout, I doubt they would have much luck ruining GTA (because of the high quality control Take 2 demands internally).
    If they owned Take 2, they could demand whatever they wanted. Blizzard gets away with what it does because Activision doesn't want to **** with the goose that lays the golden egg. Take 2 doesn't have that pedigree.

I mean, look at Infinity Ward. Those that don't play ball get fired.

5. Post
    Everyone forgetting the attempted hostile takeover by EA in 2008?

6. Post
    ChineseKiwi wrote:
    Everyone forgetting the attempted hostile takeover by EA in 2008?
    Things change.
    In 2008 EA attempted a hostile takeover of the publisher valued at around $2bn an amount that represented a hefty premium over the company's actual share value.
    Take-Two though remained resolute in its defiance of the move, ignoring several extended deadlines and public statements of intent from EA boss John Riccitiello. Take-Two's then executive chairman Strauss Zelnick branded the bid as "inadequate".
    Of course, that was 2008. In the time that has followed there have been changes at Take-Two, most notably the increased stake of media magnate and billionaire Carl Icahn. In 2010 it was rumoured that Icahn, who is a former chairman and now a major shareholder of rental chain Blockbuster, was prepping Take-Two for acquisition.

7. Post
    goodbye gta

8. Post
    I hate corporations so much...

9. Post
    Tony Hawk skating through Liberty City. Come on, you know you want it!

10. Post
    sif take 2 will do it.

11. Post
    I would think that Take 2 were doing fine for themselves?

12. Post
    Jopsy wrote:
    I would think that Take 2 were doing fine for themselves?
    Pretty much this.

13. Post
    What would that have to do with anything? Companies don't just get sold when they're failing.