Mountain Biking

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)
Page 1 of 87 12341151 ... Last

1. Post

Mountain Biking

Who here is into it?
    Lately I've been getting into it more since my bro in laws side of the family is into it, so now I've got a new past time with a good lot of guys to ride with.
    What bike you got also?

2. Post
    yeah I am into it

commencal full suspension bike I got in 2007

theres a pic somehwere on these forums

3. Post
    Oh true! what riding are you into? and what trails do you ride?

4. Post
    Have been up through Woodhill a bit. Was going to get into it properly this year with the Mrs, then she got a job working weekends

5. Post
    Yeah i ride quite frequently. Ride burrwood forest/bottle lake in chch and ropaki/port hills a bit (no so much at the moment)

currently ride a 1st series Giant Anthem

also there is a pic of my bike somewhere on these forums i think

6. Post
    True, nice bike. My bro just sold his Giant Anthem to get a bike with a more relaxed front fork angle. I just bought GT sanction 1.0 2010 frame to chuck my other components on it. Looks siieeeckkk

7. Post
    MAE wrote:
    Oh true! what riding are you into? and what trails do you ride?
    x country with a bit of jumps, downhill and stuff. Was really into it in 2007 til I mangled myself in a crash. Usually just go out to woodhill and stuff.

Haven't been out in ages though, I should really do it one weekend. Just hard to get into again with current fitness regime and jiu jitsu. the weekend comes round and I just wanna chill usually.

8. Post
    I also get out to bottle lake forest when I can, I have a 2009 Bauer Bravo. Use it to bike to work too

9. Post
    MAE wrote:
    True, nice bike. My bro just sold his Giant Anthem to get a bike with a more relaxed front fork angle. I just bought GT sanction 1.0 2010 frame to chuck my other components on it. Looks siieeeckkk
    yeah its one of the first gen ones with all the flashy gear.

10. Post
    oh sweet.
    Does anyone ride in rotorua?

11. Post
    I used to ride the redwoods 6 days a week but haven't been up in ages even though it's 5 minutes ride from home.
    Ride a Giant Glory so it's really hard to get back into it when you have a 9 speed +20kg bike.

12. Post
    Went down the downhill tracks up Bathunes Gully in Dunedin last weekend and it was great fun, only fell off twice!

13. Post
    Trying to get more into it. I was hardout into it back up in the Naki but only been once since living in Welly. I own a 2010 UMF Hardy 3. Its pretty sweet and suits me ( beginner - medium ) rider. I am just waiting on a new bash ring as i need to remove my front derailer bcause i have HEARTY SIZED tyres haha and that stupid derailer rubs on it hard.

14. Post
    MikeOkislong wrote:
    Trying to get more into it. I was hardout into it back up in the Naki but only been once since living in Welly. I own a 2010 UMF Hardy 3. Its pretty sweet and suits me ( beginner - medium ) rider. I am just waiting on a new bash ring as i need to remove my front derailer bcause i have HEARTY SIZED tyres haha and that stupid derailer rubs on it hard.
    Isn't that a DJ bike?
    And lol I'm riding around without a front derailleur at the moment also. I've got one that should be coming from overseas along with some other parts before friday I hope.
    You should check out www.chainreactioncycles.com You can sort the items by New Zealand pricing etc so its handy.

15. Post
    MAE wrote:
    Isn't that a DJ bike?
    And lol I'm riding around without a front derailleur at the moment also. I've got one that should be coming from overseas along with some other parts before friday I hope.
    You should check out www.chainreactioncycles.com You can sort the items by New Zealand pricing etc so its handy.
    Its a hardtail downhill. But yeh could easily be classed as a DJ bike. its minta i love it. do you ride in welly a bit?

16. Post
    MikeOkislong wrote:
    Its a hardtail downhill. But yeh could easily be classed as a DJ bike. its minta i love it. do you ride in welly a bit?
    Ah k I see. Yeah I've been hitting Makara with a group of people on friday afternoons. Last decent ride was 3 weeks ago in Rotorua, but I got a concussion riding without a helmet in the paddock the day I got back from there. So ended up in hospital and I've had to take time off to recover as things aren't quite right. But I'm getting better slowly
    I'm going to get a full face helmet next week also for going harder downhill. I've recently just started getting into it hard out now.

17. Post
    MAE wrote:
    Ah k I see. Yeah I've been hitting Makara with a group of people on friday afternoons. Last decent ride was 3 weeks ago in Rotorua, but I got a concussion riding without a helmet in the paddock the day I got back from there. So ended up in hospital and I've had to take time off to recover as things aren't quite right. But I'm getting better slowly
    I'm going to get a full face helmet next week also for going harder downhill. I've recently just started getting into it hard out now.
    I went full face helmet once. it was toooooo hot to handle.

18. Post
    MAE wrote:
    Is Makara acutally hardout? I have seen a few photos and it look beginner as

19. Post
    Nah not hard out, more flowey on the downhill. I wouldn't take a full face for that, but for when I got to rotorua and the downhills around welly.
    I love makara though, decent ride up to the top then all the way down to the bottom

20. Post
    My old frame I recently replaced.

Attached Images

21. Post
    http://img37.imageshack.us/img37/7830/hardy3.jpg

My bike quite new. Looks a tad different now.

22. Post
    This is about the only pic I have of my bike.
    the exit trail

23. Post
    Pandaemonaeon wrote:
    This is about the only pic I have of my bike.
    the exit trail
    is that in rotorua? redwoods?

24. Post
    Yeah. If you go in from the other entrance (down by the visitor centre) this is the trail that runs down beside the road out.

25. Post
    Pandaemonaeon wrote:
    Yeah. If you go in from the other entrance (down by the visitor centre) this is the trail that runs down beside the road out.
    Yeah I thought that was the drop I done also.