Mountain Biking

Thread Rating: 3 votes, 5.00 average.
(3 votes)
Results 2,351 to 2,371 of 2371

1. Post
    I used this stuff, in matte finish. Same guy https://trademe.co.nz/1375495125

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	received_10211724930700073.jpeg 
Views:	60 
Size:	47.0 KB 
ID:	218385

2. Post
    Sweet will see if i can find some locally today. Ideally i want it done before i ride
    Last edited by ilikepie2; 22nd July 2017 at 9:43 am.

3. Post
    Bikes are meant to have scratches

4. Post
    Get an anodized frame which are much better for scuffs.

5. Post
    AgrAde wrote:
    Bikes are meant to have scratches

This is true but ill help it along. Ended up buying 2 helmets, 2 knee pads and a whole lot of other shit will put some pics up when i get home
    Last edited by ilikepie2; 22nd July 2017 at 2:45 pm.

6. Post
    You're a salesman's wet dream!

7. Post
    capriv8 wrote:
    You're a salesman's wet dream!
    Lol yeah no more spending tho. Gloves,bike stand and decals are all ordered but thats it for a long while

Working on bike atm

8. Post
    Those goggles

9. Post
    capriv8 wrote:
    Those goggles
    I was shocked at how much decent helmets,googles etc cost

Decided not to put scuff tape on its gloss and will look terrible
    Last edited by ilikepie2; 22nd July 2017 at 4:46 pm.

10. Post
    So I took a remedy for a hoon today, which felt better to me than the trance, fork felt miles better, and it seemed more comfortable to hop, easier to manual etc so I'm fairly sure I'll get that tomorrow and go splash around in the mud.

Probably due a new helmet etc, the boss is likely to get a liv pique and some gear.

RIP bank account.

11. Post
    TLD A2? i have the same helmet and colour xD

12. Post
    JstaR wrote:
    TLD A2? i have the same helmet and colour xD
    That it is :P matches the yellow on my bike xD

13. Post
    Home sweet home after her first outing.

Holy **** i dont remeber pedalling uphill being so hard oh well the fitness will come back.

Came off once in the mud on an off camber section was funny as hell but glad to be back out riding even tho i feel like ive been hit by a truck

14. Post
    Lol feeling that too. Still....new bike

15. Post
    Does anyone have anything bad to say about a new Kona percept for trail riding ?

16. Post
    ^ Lots of different spec levels through the range. Post the bike up if you can.

I had a huge weekend on the bike! I ticked off the last race in the Winter DH/Top of the South DH series. With all the rain we'd been having it was always going to be wet, but after being treated to a bluebird day on Saturday, things were looking up. Until Sunday... race day, when heavy cloud rolled across the starting gate and heavy rain began just before seeding runs. It was an absolute mudbath. I managed 6th place in Masters 1 and had a spectacular slide on my backside just before the finish line resulting in a full scramble to run the bike across. It was like ice It looks like I've placed 5th in the series for M1 so pretty happy with that!

Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20247849_10213321650423041_7262414703716031153_o.jpg 
Views:	12 
Size:	506.1 KB 
ID:	218420Click image for larger version. 

Name:	20347150_1715370425433701_3369125767509180416_n.jpg 
Views:	6 
Size:	124.2 KB 
ID:	218421

17. Post
    capriv8 wrote:
    ^ Lots of different spec levels through the range. Post the bike up if you can.

Woops, meant to say the Precept 130. https://www.evolutioncycles.co.nz/in...oduct_id=56111

Currently riding a 2017 rockhopper Sport with a Suntour Raidon upfront.
    Last edited by fatesjester; 24th July 2017 at 3:15 pm.

18. Post
    fatesjester wrote:
    Woops, meant to say the Precept 130. Currently riding a 2017 rockhopper with a Suntour Raidon upfront.
    It's a good entry level trail bike. You should be pretty happy banging around most trails on it. The rear shock is decent, the tyres are good too. Deore Shadow+ should be trouble free! I don't know a thing about the Shimano Acera brakes - but they are possibly the first thing you would feel like upgrading. The fork too, don't know much about Sektors.

*edit: Missed the link the first time. $1800 is a good price. Seems like they've specced a lower quality drivetrain compared to the international version I looked into. Acera is probably OK to get by with, but it will break or show it's cheapness at some point.

Modeled around the Process 134, the Precept 130 (formerly the Precept DL) flourishes on everything from technical descents to flowy climbs.
    once you buy it, show me where to find these "flowy climbs"
    Last edited by capriv8; 24th July 2017 at 3:17 pm.

19. Post
    capriv8 wrote:
    It's a good entry level trail bike. You should be pretty happy banging around most trails on it. The rear shock is decent, the tyres are good too. Deore Shadow+ should be trouble free! I don't know a thing about the Shimano Acera brakes - but they are possibly the first thing you would feel like upgrading. The fork too, don't know much about Sektors.

How much is it?
    1800 at Evolutioncycles at the moment.
    Last edited by fatesjester; 25th July 2017 at 11:09 pm.

20. Post
    Any reccomendations on a tow bar bike rack? Sick of taking the front tyre on n off to fit under the canopy

21. Post
    http://www.trademe.co.nz/sports/cycl...1378717750.htm

I've only heard good things about Glen and Narley racks.

http://www.narley.co.nz/