1. Arrow

Editorial: Guitar Hero's demise highlights danger for Activision

Editorial by Dan Cheer;

WATCHING ROW AFTER ROW of vertically scrolling notes in Guitar Hero can, for the uninitiated, cause a disorientating illusion that the world is sliding into the ground in front of your eyes.

Activision has presumably grown weary of watching the sales from its formerly billion-dollar franchise perform the same disappearing trick, and finally pulled the plug. Guitar Hero—surely the most successful game-and-hardware-peripheral title of all time—is no more.

Yet the cries of a million disgruntled gamers were wholly absent when this news dropped. The series that was once popular enough to have an entire South Park episode dedicated to it has faded from public consciousness without so much as a eulogy.
    Read more

2. Post
    Well spoken. I just hope activision dies tbh

3. Post
    I dream of a world without Activision

4. Post
    Good read, nail on the head

5. Post
    I will miss the GH series, at least 1, 2 and 3. After that it turned rubbish.

6. Post
    The arrogant Empire always crashes and burns. I hope this is painful for Kotick and friends.

7. Post
    Activision needs to die and i hate GH anyway games without innovation would never survive

8. Post
    I've been thinking this since the Tony Hawk/GH announcement.

9. Post
    Activision is f'n nothing without Call of Duty. CoD's gamer community has done so much for Activision, the money, the following, and if they destroy this franchise then f**k you Activision!
    Kind regards.

10. Post
    Good read

Another thing that Activision have done to win no friends down in NZ/Aus is the regional pricing on Steam. I mean, $90USD for Black Ops... which was average at best. Or $90NZD from mightyape... not a hard choice really. Though in my case: neither, not wasting my money on that festering turd.

11. Post
    This will be COD in two or three years aye.

12. Post
    Xev wrote:
    Well spoken. I just hope activision dies tbh
    ExterminatorJef wrote:
    I dream of a world without Activision
    Ramza wrote:
    I hope this is painful for Kotick and friends.
    Etern4l_Kaze wrote:
    Activision needs to die games without innovation would never survive