1. Post

Change of ownership

So... I'm selling my car tomorrow...

I was wondering whether I could do this as a part owner or whether the primary owner has to be there ( dad helped me buy the car a couple of years ago and gave to me on my birthday ). Never bothered changing ownership.

Basically I have managed to sell the car and am doing the change of ownership papers tomorrow... Is it enough that the new owner finishes their papers untill my dad returns from Australia? (for insurance purposes etc).

2. Post
    Do it online. Doesn't need signatures that way!

3. Post
    I think you need the owners drivers license number though so see if you can get your dad to send that to you.

4. Post
    Disinfo wrote:
    I think you need the owners drivers license number though so see if you can get your dad to send that to you.
    Yeah but that should be simple to get lol

5. Post
    cheers boys. On an unrelated subject...
    any known problems on FL S14s? 1998 Sr20de.
    fuel economy? reliability?
    Cheers :P

6. Post
    Juice_Box wrote:
    So... I'm selling my car tomorrow...

I was wondering whether I could do this as a part owner or whether the primary owner has to be there ( dad helped me buy the car a couple of years ago and gave to me on my birthday ). Never bothered changing ownership.

Basically I have managed to sell the car and am doing the change of ownership papers tomorrow... Is it enough that the new owner finishes their papers untill my dad returns from Australia? (for insurance purposes etc).
    its enough once the new owner fills in the MR13B form.

for your safety, you might wanna do the MR13A form, which notifies NZTA that you are selling/disposing your vehicle

7. Post
    Juice_Box wrote:
    The turbo ones eat coils but I think the n/a ones are okay. Everything else should be pretty good but if possible have a look under the rocker cover and see how gunked up it looks (these engines don't cope well with neglect).

Fuel economy is decidedly average.

Aside from that look out for rust, especially in the spare tyre well and inside the rear quarters (accessible from in the boot)

8. Post
    Juice_Box wrote:
    Get insurance, and then have a good alarm fitted before you do anything else.

If it's rear wheel drive and has an "N" badge, a lot of scumbags will be interested in stealing it off you.

9. Post
    Disinfo wrote:
    Not at all, either online or on the form.

All it needs is the new owners details. Kinda scary how easy it is to change ownership... dont need current owner at all.

10. Post
    Well this form https://transact.nzta.govt.nz/transa...ler/entry.aspx asks for you license number.

Whiles it sounds like that part is optional I'd fill it out anyway.

11. Post
    In all my 28 cars I have purchased, I have not once needed the current owners details. Nor has it asked for it.

12. Post
    Well you wouldn't need the previous owners details because they are supposed to complete that form themselves (either online with license number, or on the form with a signature)