Results 3,426 to 3,450 of 3489

1. Post
    Usually she can take the shots, she even took most of Holm's but Nunes is on a different level as a puncher, great torque, great hip pivots, straight down the line. That really ****ed her up because she panicked, and instead of using level changes, head movement and feints, she just stayed bolt upright and ate every shot.

2. Post
    https://streamable.com/vcdm6

Ronda audio

Movement!

Clinch!

No no no!

3. Post
    Fella wrote:
    That's what you call getting merked.

Ronda isn't a shell of her former self, WMMA has just progressed massively since she was dominant, you've now got solid strikers who aren't susceptible to her weak ass standup and don't just fall into her clinch.

This if nothing else showed how overhyped Rousey was.

Cruz vs Garbrandt, what a ****ing fight, Garbrandt is legitimately scary although it'll be interesting to see Dillashaw vs Garbrandt.

- - - Updated - - -

You losing all your bets again... surprising. [sarcasmface]
    LOL. Do we wanna get into this again.

You post an essay on how diaz would not win in the first fight. Yet surprisingly don't bet against him.

Post. Just. One. Of. Your. Bets with. Proof.

I won remember

4. Post
    Let's see, you lose every single time you post your bets here, and you win?

Sure pal.

5. Post
    stacrafty wrote:
    https://streamable.com/vcdm6

Ronda audio

Movement!

Clinch!

No no no!
    That was brutal to listen too

At the same time you can see Rousey can't hold a candle to Nunes in terms of all around ability, its like Ronda forgot all her training and decided to wing it after that first hit landed.

6. Post
    Ahahaha. Waaaay to overhyped by media

Too bad she didn't live up to it

7. Post
    Fella wrote:
    "Ronda hasn't been the same" - she hasn't fought.
    Pretty much this. She's spent what like 7 minutes total in the octagon. She was overrated. Agree on the WWE appearance.

8. Post
    I watched this at a packed pub in Queensland. The place was deafening after the first tag on RR.

9. Post
    Wow she got starched. I really enjoyed Rondas fights. Her scraps with Meisha were great and she displayed some amazing grappling. Her rolling armbar from the back has become one of my favourite techniques.

People don't fall for her game anymore and her camp sucks and her coach is a psycho. I think she would have done better at a different camp as she clearly has the work ethic being a former olympian.

10. Post
    Rousey v Nunes was so disappointing. I really had hoped that Rousey would have spent her time working on her foot work and head movement, so she could effectively manoeuvre into the clinch.

Also like alot of people have said rousey should have had a tune up fight.

Although after last night I really wanna see dillashaw vs garbrandt

11. Post
    rousey is done, wants to act tough like mcgregor but cant back it up

12. Post
    Go spend that year literally at any other camp and we would have seen a different rousey. Shes too brainwashed by edmond though.

13. Post
    The local gym could do with a new punching bag.

14. Post
    Just watched this today. Had seen the result already in news headlines, but man that was an absolute pasting! That first flush shot looked like it just brought back some Holly Holm PTSD and she went completely zombie mode. I'm on the Edmond as coach is crap bandwagon as well, it's pretty clear it's been her weakness and he probably tries to convince her to stand and trade when she just needs good defense and opportunities to shoot for the TD and get that arm bar working.

Cruz fight was epic. Thought he would smash Cody, but damn what a performance. he just let Cruz act first and either counter punched or slid/bobbed out of the way. That showboating was crackup as well.

15. Post
    Meh, at least she learned how to humble herself. I really hated her at the time when she boasted and wanted to fight against a male boxer (Floyd Mayweather, Jr)

Got to give her respects though for making way for female fighters

Ronda Rousey wrote:
    I want to say thank you to all of my fans who have been there for me in not only the greatest moments but in the most difficult ones. Words cannot convey how much your love and support means to me.

Returning to not just fighting, but winning, was my entire focus this past year. However, sometimes — even when you prepare and give everything you have and want something so badly — it doesn’t work how you planned. I take pride in seeing how far the women’s division has come in the UFC and commend all the other women who have been part of making this possible, including Amanda.

I need to take some time to reflect and think about the future. Thank you for believing in me and understanding.
    http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ronda-r...002927597.html

16. Post
    iNx wrote:
    Meh, at least she learned how to humble herself. I really hated her at the time when she boasted and wanted to fight against a male boxer (Floyd Mayweather, Jr)

Got to give her respects though for making way for female fighters

http://sports.yahoo.com/news/ronda-r...002927597.html
    99% sure she didn't personally write that.

17. Post
    LiQuid.Ace wrote:
    Go spend that year literally at any other camp and we would have seen a different rousey. Shes too brainwashed by edmond though.
    This. Also as soon as that first cross landed she was rattled. Not used to being in wars.

18. Post
    cwm wrote:
    Nunes will beat rousey.
    Called it.

And for once I agree with Fella. Rousey was dominant because her division was weak. With good all round fighters coming to the surface now she just can't compete. Her one trick judo pony has been put out to pasture.

19. Post
    I think she'd be fine if she just ****ing woke up to the fact that her coach is a complete ****ing fraud.

Nunes was absolutely shit as a fighter but has spent her entire time with American Top Team progressively ironing out her flaws, having some heavy grappling with some of the guys there and more importantly, sparring as much as she can. Ronda doesn't spar at all.

In the same token, Holly Holm came in raw as **** but immediately went to Mike Winklejohn, CM Punk (still useless as ****) had the brains to go to Duke Roufus. She's the only arrogant ignorant **** who kept training like she always has, as everyone else advanced the game.

The level MMA is at now is lightyears ahead of where it was even five years ago, mostly due to the fact that you're seeing people put it all together, but Cody Garbrandt is next level scary.

Boxing since a kid, so he's got all of the head movement, elusiveness and quick feet that proper boxing teaches, as well as wrestling since a kid so his take down defense and clinch game is on point. BJJ is only useful if you can get someone down, Cruz tried his best and couldn't really keep Garbrandt there.

20. Post
    His JJ is probably really good at a guess anyway.

21. Post
    cwm wrote:
    Called it.

And for once I agree with Fella. Rousey was dominant because her division was weak. With good all round fighters coming to the surface now she just can't compete. Her one trick judo pony has been put out to pasture.
    I'm sorry but her corner is absolutely terrible. Once again her corner has told her to advance and stay in the pocket with a BOXER. First Holly Holms, now Nunes. Credit to both these females they are both great fighters, but her corner is terrible.

22. Post
    I think what is disappointing about the Rousey thing is that I feel that fight should have been so much better.

Its unfair to say Rouseys division was weak, as if there was better talented fighters elsewhere. She was arguably the best pound for pound female fighter in the world at the time she was dominant. However, the MMA world and women's MMA specifically has got so much better since she started.

Nune's said it best she has been preparing to fight ronda from day one in the UFC till now. Ronda hasnt done shit except learn to hit mits

With her aggressiveness and strength she should have been working on her wrestling this whole time not her striking.

23. Post
    Hunto filed his lawsuit against UFC/Dana/Lesnar today

http://www.espn.com/mma/story/_/id/1...-ufc-200-fight

24. Post
    reubi-one wrote:
    I think what is disappointing about the Rousey thing is that I feel that fight should have been so much better.

Its unfair to say Rouseys division was weak, as if there was better talented fighters elsewhere. She was arguably the best pound for pound female fighter in the world at the time she was dominant. However, the MMA world and women's MMA specifically has got so much better since she started.

Nune's said it best she has been preparing to fight ronda from day one in the UFC till now. Ronda hasnt done shit except learn to hit mits

With her aggressiveness and strength she should have been working on her wrestling this whole time not her striking.
    What you're comparing is say the era of Ken Shamrock/Dan Severn/Royce Gracie versus the era of Jon Jones/Daniel Cormier/McGregor - the athletes have gotten way better, they mix the different disciplines instinctively and they're just much better fighters.

Same thing has happened in the womans game, once it became a UFC thing and Ronda paved the way for female fighters to actually get decent pay cheques, teams like American Top Team and Winklejohn started taking females in, and training them, getting them to spar with males and ultimately improving the skills bigtime in the game.

Ronda stayed static, and probably regressed because she started thinking she was the best striker in the world; in fights against one dimensional people like Bethe Correira, Alexis Davis, etc... she also got lucky in certain matchups - i.e Cat Zingano trying that stupid flying knee and getting caught in a clinch.

Miesha Tate was the first person to show that the mix of skills would trouble Rousey, problem is for how technical Miesha was, she was a 115-125lb fighter trying to fight at 135lb and just didn't have the snap to her punches.

Now people like Nunes are meshing boxing, BJJ, clinch control and wrestling together and Ronda is left with amazing judoka skills, a few holds (mostly the armbar and kneebar) and while she's got decent power, her striking is sloppy and she leaves herself way open, she's been stale while the game progressed.

She could still be useful in the division, but the prototype for beating her has been shown already... you won't see anyone rush her and rush into her clinch ever again.

25. Post
    The big difference, as I stated probably four years ago, is that you're now seeing every top level fighter incorporate a high level boxing coach into their work, and they're throwing much better shots, using head movement more and have learnt to read the fight better.

Guys like Duke Roufus and Duane Ludwig have been superb at getting that half-half stance that allows them to snap the jab, and pivot when throwing hooks and the right straight, without putting them in a weaker position for the head kick or take down.

But I feel Garbrandt is the next prototype; I don't know what his ground defense skills are like, but he's got superb take down defense and clinch protection, his head movement is next level and he throws proper boxing shots.