Page 6 of 19 First ... 345678916 ... Last

1. Post
    technoguy wrote:
    how is the music being transfered? drag and drop via 'my computer' or some samsung software? how many GB's of music?
    Was doing D+D, about 18gb

2. Post
    Every time I try to update my firmware, Kies crashes

3. Post
    Mines just been shipped from unlocked-mobiles.com, fingers crossed hope I dont get taxed.

Does the phone come with a 8GB microSD card?
    I'm still deciding whether to get a reputable brand 32GB Class 4 or one of the lesser known brand Class 10.
    Class 4 should be fast enough for lossless music right?

4. Post
    so sensation or S2? S2 dominates on Paper though.

5. Post
    glock18 wrote:
    Mines just been shipped from unlocked-mobiles.com, fingers crossed hope I dont get taxed.

Does the phone come with a 8GB microSD card?
    I'm still deciding whether to get a reputable brand 32GB Class 4 or one of the lesser known brand Class 10.
    Class 4 should be fast enough for lossless music right?
    No it does not, oddly enough. And yes, class four is fine for lossless music.

6. Post
    booyah wrote:
    so sensation or S2? S2 dominates on Paper though.
    Not really, I would say it is very close, nowhere near "domination" though.

Sensation has higher resolution screen, Faster CPU (Benchmarks), Better/Stronger build quality and a greater default UI.

S2 has slightly more RAM, and a higher amount of "built in" storage. It is debated that its screen is better.

The pros and cons of both at the end of the day will come down to personal preference are a very small.

I have placed a pre order for the Sensation.
    recovered B|ind-Reaper*'s wife's photos like a boss

7. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Not really, I would say it is very close, nowhere near "domination" though.

Sensation has higher resolution screen, Faster CPU (Benchmarks), Better/Stronger build quality and a greater default UI.

S2 has slightly more RAM, and a higher amount of "built in" storage. It is debated that its screen is better.

The pros and cons of both at the end of the day will come down to personal preference are a very small.

I have placed a pre order for the Sensation.
    uhh where you been reading sensation cpu is SLOWER then S2

8. Post
    Go read benchmarks, not bad YouTube videos.

9. Post
    Care to share some of these benchmarks? I'm leaning towards the Sensation for its higher res screen and Sense 3, but there's a definite trade off with less ram and the locked bootloader.

Ultimately, I'm prob going to wait to see which SoC google go with on their next nexus.

10. Post
    miguelwrang wrote:
    Care to share some of these benchmarks? I'm leaning towards the Sensation for its higher res screen and Sense 3, but there's a definite trade off with less ram and the locked bootloader.

Ultimately, I'm prob going to wait to see which SoC google go with on their next nexus.
    Bootloaders are now all unlocked,
    source: http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/26/h...tlader-policy/

You would not notice any difference between 764 and 1024 of ram in a phone imo.

edit: Full Sensation review from engadget - worth a read/watch
    http://www.engadget.com/2011/05/27/h...sation-review/

Review from above on screen vs SGS2

In our review of the Galaxy S II, we opined that though its display was of superlative quality, its pixel density left a little something to be desired. The Sensation gives us that extra flourish with a 960 x 540 resolution (35 percent more pixels than on Samsung's 800 x 480 panel) on a Super LCD screen that fails to match the vivid output or viewing angles of its Super AMOLED Plus competitor, but at least maintains a similarly hyperbolic naming scheme. There are two significant advantages to moving up to qHD resolution. The first and most tangible is that you get more of everything: Gmail displays more missives, the browser fits more of your favorite blog's content at a time, the calendar includes more agenda items, and you get to see more of your contacts without having to scroll (11 on the Sensation versus 9 on the WVGA Incredible S screen). Additionally, though the user interface sticks to the standard 16 grid slots for your icons and widgets, having them all in higher resolution lends an extra layer of visual polish, if nothing else. The camera and gallery apps benefit from having more dots to display your compositions and resulting images.

11. Post
    i guess its a matter of preference, they concluded that

"Given the choice between the two, we'd opt for the Galaxy S II for its brilliant display and snappier performance, but that's just a matter of preference. Ultimately, you'll have to decide what it is you value most in your Android superphone and pick the one that fits those needs best."

12. Post
    Yip the same gun iv been shooting the whole time, I will be removing the default rom and installing something of my own flavor, I think sense is just not coded correctly. It doesnít really offer anything you canít get with other applications and launcher environment.

Itís the build quality/style of the sensation that sales me on it.

13. Post
    Got mine today, turned out to be $900 NZD including shipping, didn't get taxed.

awesome phone

Whats a good music player that supports Apple Lossless?

14. Post
    yall that bought from overseas arent worried about warranty issues?

15. Post
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=1079444

Hope you guys don't get defective ones..

16. Post
    Worst case is I'll send it back, its still going to be cheaper than buying one locally, plus its covered for 2 years in Europe, in the mean time I'll just have to make do with the iPhone if anything goes wrong.

So far so good, I don't seem to have any screen problems.

17. Post
    http://www.gsmarena.com/samsung_gala...-news-2719.php

Interesting..I was drooling over this phone too.

18. Post
    I've looked at the page they suggest as a test and can't see what they are talking about. I have a two year warranty with my phone so I'm not overly concerned.

If it is an issue I might wait until samsung release a version of the phone with the issue fixed and return it then

19. Post
    Had mine a week now. Flawless so far, no issues to speak of

20. Post

man this makes me want to get one!

21. Post
    How is the SGS2 battery treating everyone? My 3gs is too unreliable for work these days, have to charge it after midday and then it usually needs another charge by 7 depending on how long I've been talking on it or how long the ipod has been on. Cheers

22. Post
    Apple batteries are designed to fail after a year so you are doing well to still have one that works at all.

23. Post
    th3r3turn wrote:
    man this makes me want to get one!
    The ironic thing is that the sort of people who have the techno wizz/desire to do this probably already have a PC/console. Still, pretty amazing what a phone can do these days.

24. Post
    Just got mine from ezishopping in Christchurch... On it's way up to Auckland now! Let's hope the Saturday delivery isn't a lie

25. Post
    Privoxy wrote:
    Apple batteries are designed to fail after a year so you are doing well to still have one that works at all.
    and blindingly updating to 4.3.3 just to shut itunes up.

On the hunt for an SII now - see if I can flick the 3gs off for $600.

Page 6 of 19 First ... 345678916 ... Last