1. Post

Small Steam Games

I've starting playing a few recently that I either got through Humble Bundle or during the Steam sales. I guess I count small as under 2 gigs. Some may disagree with that but whatevs.

Plain Sight - Out of this world swordfighting/gravity game. Not many people in the servers but the AI is decent enough on normal or hard.

Altitude - neat little dogfighting game. There seem to be heaps of servers and you get decent pings in the Aussie ones.

Runaway: A Road Adventure - Random old-school point 'n click adventure game. It looks beautiful and the plot is actually pretty good. I got it for $2 during one of the sales.

2. Post
    I love these sort of games.

Deathspank is great.

3. Post
    Jamestown

has local co-op but it's a little retarded

4. Post
    Atom Zombie Smasher - Tactical game with Zombies
    Beat Hazard Classic - Probably the best rhythm game on Steam
    Gratuitous Space Battles - Build your ships, set their tactics and try to beat plans from other players
    Jolly Rover - If your into adventure games like Secret of Monkey Island
    Killing Floor - A bit of grinding involved but can still be fun (1.6GB)
    Magic Duels of the Planeswalkers 2012 - Probably more fun if you don't play Magic than if you do
    Magicka - Fun if you can find people to play with
    Recetear - Pretty popular shop management game
    Trine - Reminiscent of the Lost Vikings series
    VVVVVV - If there's one platformer you play on Steam make sure it is this

5. Post
    Atomic Zombie Smasher - good
    Beat Hazard Classic - gets old quick (Audiosurf is better)
    Gratuitous Space Battles - too easy because you can build one fleet that fits all
    Killing Floor - L4D2 is much better (1.6GB)
    Magicka - short, not to my tastes
    Trine - good game, especially with local co-op

From what I've played in response to the above comment ^

What I like:

Zeno Clash
    Plants vs. Zombies
    Peggle
    HOARD (fun multiplayer)

6. Post
    Had alot of fun with Braid, Trine, Magicka, Alien Breed 2: Assault, and Audiosurf. Small games ftw!

7. Post
    Gwarden wrote:
    Had alot of fun with Braid, Trine, Magicka, Alien Breed 2: Assault, and Audiosurf. Small games ftw!
    +1

VVVVVVV or however many it has.

8. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    Killing Floor - L4D2 is much better (1.6GB)
    L4D2 is ****, whenever I join a game I get kicked to make way for someone else.

Audiosurf is just straight up bad, bought it twice on Steam and regret it both times.

9. Post
    Analgia wrote:

Audiosurf is just straight up bad, bought it twice on Steam and regret it both times.
    What is this I dont even

10. Post
    Analgia wrote:

Um what? Why'd you buy it twice..?

11. Post
    zombie driver
    plants vs zombies
    flight control

12. Post
    Analgia wrote:

Perhaps you act like a turd? That's never happened to me. But I tend to communicate over voice chat and build a rapport with the players currently in the game.

13. Post
    Rungus wrote:
    Um what? Why'd you buy it twice..?
    lol exactly not like experience changes second time round unlike food can.

14. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    Perhaps you act like a turd? That's never happened to me. But I tend to communicate over voice chat and build a rapport with the players currently in the game.
    I've had it happen to me too, 3 Players in a pub server but locking out players other than ones they want, basically by the time you hit your push to talk button you're votekicked.

I really enjoy KF, after the hours logged on L4D/L4D2 it was nice to have a levelling system etc (plus I play a modded 32p server, higher levels on classes mean you start with the class weapons etc)

15. Post
    There can be a fair number of griefers in L4D pub games. Eg One time my buddy and I were playing when this one random pubber joined our game. He TK'ed both of us and then left before we could votekick him.

I've only played Friends List Only matches for a while now and haven't looked back.

16. Post
    Analgia wrote:
    I had to buy it three times before it really got good.

17. Post
    On the fourth purchase it's just heavenly.

18. Post
    I haven't found any small games on Steam I actually enjoy. Bought a few of those indie ones, and a few other small ones but don't like them

Maybe Alien Swarm... It's free, but I think that's like 2gb? So hardly small

19. Post
    Alien Swarm is cool but no-one plays the multiplayer and theres only a single player tutorial level

20. Post
    Analgia wrote:

Audiosurf is probably the best indie game on steam.

21. Post
    Audiosurf, Trine, Defcon. Solar2 is good for a few hours of fun.

22. Post
    s0cks wrote:
    Magicka - short, not to my tastes
    Not to your tastes is fine.. but short? The campaign is ~8 hours. For a linear campaign in a non-rpg these days I'd say say that it is of average length.

I would buy any of these again:

Ai War: Fleet Command
    Altitude
    Atom Zombie Smasher
    Chime
    Dwarfs
    Eets
    Everday Genius: SquareLogic
    Frozen Synapse
    Greed Corp
    Magicka
    Osmos
    Plain Sight (Actually, I probably wouldn't get this again just because it's pretty dead online, still a cool game)
    SpaceChem
    Terraria
    Toki Tori
    Trials
    Trine
    World of Goo
    Eagle32

23. Post
    How can you not like Audiosurf!?!
    Analgia wrote:

Yea, I feel like we're only hearing half of the story here.
    EvaUnit02 wrote:
    There can be a fair number of griefers in L4D pub games. Eg One time my buddy and I were playing when this one random pubber joined our game. He TK'ed both of us and then left before we could votekick him.

I've only played Friends List Only matches for a while now and haven't looked back.
    Add me on Steam ***got. MurakamiNZ