(2 votes)
Page 1 of 292 12341151101 ... Last

1. Post
    This tournament looks pretty big

http://www.dota2.com/

1 million dollar prize pool

Disclaimer: Dota 2 is too small to search for, chur

2. Post
    Lol wow, can't wait just for the fact that we'll be able to see the game and how it is.

3. Post
    Yeah, pretty exciting stuff

No US teams at all though, lol!

I wonder if it'll be closer to DOTA or LOL though

4. Post
    I just hope the community is better this time around. Going to be such a pain having to re-learn all the Dota names after making the switch to Hon...

5. Post
    Actually it's $1,000,000 for the 1st place team.
    It's 1.7million prize pool ftmfw.

And the game play will be far far more closer to DotA then LoL with out a doubt in my mind. From all the leaked patch notes it's more of a remake of DotA then a sequel.
    God I hope this kinda money stays around and other 'esports' pick it up.

6. Post
    From all indications this is as close to a straight remake of DotA as possible. Not a good thing IMO, many of DotA's design decisions were made due to limitations in the WC3 engine, and after LoL making such wholesale changes to the MOBA model (and to a lesser extent HoN), I can't help but feel like this game will be outdated on launch.

It probably doesn't help that I never actually liked DotA >_>

7. Post
    If its the same as DOTA with a better graphics engine, its not going to take off at all

LoL will remain top dog, Valve involvement or not

8. Post
    Wut DOTA 2 comes out soon?

Not that I really care, as I hate all Dota like games. But this means the new Steam HTTP will come in soon.

9. Post
    Bt wrote:
    If its the same as DOTA with a better graphics engine, its not going to take off at all
    i just hope they dont make it anything like LoL

10. Post
    I must say that's a pretty awesome way to reveal a game.
    Will watch the finals, but I dunno about the rest as they can get pretty long eh?
    I'm guessing with so much money on the line, teams won't give up and gg as early as they normally would.

11. Post
    does anyone know the release date of dota 2?

12. Post
    !llusion wrote:
    i just hope they dont make it anything like LoL
    Well it doesn't have to be like LoL but it has to be vastly different to DOTA

DOTA worked because it was the only one out there at the time

Its going to need to be alot different and accessible to gain access to the numbers required for it to be as successful as LoL (500,000 concurrent games going during peak time)

Just saying, you think they are going to look after the niche or try to appeal to the mainstream?

13. Post
    Celticknife wrote:
    From all indications this is as close to a straight remake of DotA as possible. Not a good thing IMO, many of DotA's design decisions were made due to limitations in the WC3 engine, and after LoL making such wholesale changes to the MOBA model (and to a lesser extent HoN), I can't help but feel like this game will be outdated on launch.

It probably doesn't help that I never actually liked DotA >_>

I didnt like how casters were useless late game and agi str hero biased games in dota

14. Post
    :S what do u mean by that statement....
    eg invoke an int hero could dominate just as well as an agility or strength hero late game....

that was a big call there...

anyways looking forward to this game as an ex dota player

15. Post
    Silencer can own it up late game, so can Storm panda (forgot the name lol).

16. Post
    He was implying due to the way the game was structured int and str heroes didn't scale into end game like agi heroes did, for most cases

One thing I like about LoL

17. Post
    i see where he is coming from, but its clearly incorrect :S
    too many factors that come into play, player's skill, creep kills, hero kills, tower kills etc etc

18. Post
    'it has to be different to dota to stand a chance'

Is that some kind of a joke statement? Do you even follow DOTA?

If DOTA2 strays near hon or lol it's just going to lose it's anticipated player base.

So many of you are making generalized statements about dota that may have applied many years ago. The current metagame is constantly evolving in competitive dota. I think your preconceived notions of the game are based on pubs.

19. Post
    Here's what I guess (with help from information)
    Classic mode: Here's the hardcore, original formula, remake of DotA from the ground up. Will be the main mode that gets balanced around. I mean this will be a stright up DotA clone from names, skills and mechanics.

100+ other modes: here's where they attract all the casual gamers, newbies, people who don't want to take it to seriously.

So they're going for a wide appeal but have a awesome Competitive game too.

20. Post
    Lumb3r wrote:
    'it has to be different to dota to stand a chance'

Is that some kind of a joke statement? Do you even follow DOTA?

If DOTA2 strays near hon or lol it's just going to lose it's anticipated player base.

So many of you are making generalized statements about dota that may have applied many years ago. The current metagame is constantly evolving in competitive dota. I think your preconceived notions of the game are based on pubs.
    We'll just have to wait and see what happens won't we

As far as I can see though, LoL has millions more players than DOTA so I don't see why they wouldn't want to emulate that success

21. Post
    im pretty sure on the competitive scene, dota > HoN & LoL
    looking at previous tournaments etc~

i hope its like 100% dota clone :S

22. Post
    kimchi wrote:
    im pretty sure on the competitive scene, dota > HoN & LoL
    looking at previous tournaments etc~

i hope its like 100% dota clone :S
    Cause Dota has been around longer, not because its more popular

Its past its hey day and thats why they're launched DOTA 2 with a 1mil first prize, to get some interest back after LoL dreamhack getting a million viewers or w/e

23. Post
    I didn't follow dreamhack that close (their Street Fighter tourny was laughable) but wasn't HoN there as well?, how did that go for viewers?

24. Post
    Bt wrote:
    Cause Dota has been around longer, not because its more popular

Its past its hey day and thats why they're launched DOTA 2 with a 1mil first prize, to get some interest back after LoL dreamhack getting a million viewers or w/e
    personally i cant say much about LoL as i have not played it, just seen friends play hours of it....
    but they tell me its quite a bit different from dota?
    even tho the gameplay is similar the aspect of getting new heroes etc?
    i dont know much so ill stop it at that....

the dota community in aus and nz is still pretty big....have u been on garena during the hours of 8pm-10pm?
    at least 6-8 AU/NZ servers full~

25. Post
    Have these teams played dota2 yet or will it be their first time when competing in the tournament? lol